The Swallow movie (2024)

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
Antares

The Swallow movie (2024)

Postby Antares » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:43 pm

Limited news on this so far but it sounds like it has very high potential:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/379 ... -van-dien/

Acidtester

Re: The Swallow movie (2024)

Postby Acidtester » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:10 pm

That does sound nice
If the system had one neck,
You know I'd gladly break it.

Jinn

Postby Jinn » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:10 pm

Hmm… talk of a movie about the ground hungrily devouring victims with a screen shot of what looks like a cheerleader.
I’ll get the popcorn.
Visit my DeviantArt page to find my collection of sticky stories and perilous pictures: https://www.deviantart.com/jinnzou
**Remember to favorite and follow!**

sixgunzloaded

Postby sixgunzloaded » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:48 pm

Wow, this sounds just like what we were all talking about here:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27641
Maybe somebody heard us! :lol: Or, better yet, is one of us! :D Either way, we should keep our eyes open for this one! It's gotta be better than that "Quicksand" movie travesty.
I doubt Grace Van Dien will be playing a cheerleader in it though. That screen shot is from "Stranger Things", according to the caption.
Fingers crossed!
How long did Tarzan watch before deciding to save Jill..?

ghostofmyeyes

Postby ghostofmyeyes » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:07 pm

Sounds like ensuring the 'swallowing ground' is frightening enough will be a point of focus for them - let's hope they nail it like the Prey crew did. Multiple grim scenes in mires like that would be something to see!

ghostofmyeyes

Postby ghostofmyeyes » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:21 am

Found a review of a draft of the screenplay from 2018 (some spoilers, unless there have been major revisions since):
https://scriptshadow.net/screenplay-review-the-swallow/

spunkee311

Postby spunkee311 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:05 am

I would love to see a take where the Quicksand is an actual living entity that swallows people (vore) but through muddy ways.

mudmaiden

Postby mudmaiden » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:16 pm

:shock: :shock: Any else about the specific details of this movie? Is it in production? Possible premiere date? What streaming format will air it? Theatre only? This inquiring mind would like to know!
Tarzan to Jill Hardy: Girl be still. Not sink!!"
From "Valley Of Mystery" : Don't struggle and do not thrash around; that just makes things worse!

Also: check me out at:
http://mudmaiden.deviantart.com/gallery/

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:09 pm

If you Google Image the lead, she has a strong resemblance to Anya Taylor-Joy in many of the photos. That's not bad....

Here's to hoping for some good scenes.

:mrgreen:
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

ghostofmyeyes

Postby ghostofmyeyes » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:16 pm

spunkee311 wrote:I would love to see a take where the Quicksand is an actual living entity that swallows people (vore) but through muddy ways.

Based on the script review I linked, it sounds like this vore quicksand will already be rapidly digesting people before they've even submerged - there will be pain and gore/body horror - like in The Sand (2015) or The Blob (1988). Not my thing.

However, it seems to be during the second sink that the first mention that "it burns" is made and the first gore revealed - perhaps when the first girl sinks, it will be played indistinguishably from a regular quicksand scene, enjoyable to the likes of me (with a bit of mental compartmentalization).

mudmaiden wrote::shock: :shock: Any else about the specific details of this movie? Is it in production? Possible premiere date? What streaming format will air it? Theatre only? This inquiring mind would like to know!

It is still casting and will be filmed this summer. A lot is TBD. The directors also did Pet Sematary (2019) and Starry Eyes (2014) if you want to look into their style

Return to “Nuggets”