Chinese Woman Sinking In Tidal Quicksand!

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
Quicksand-Lover-7

Chinese Woman Sinking In Tidal Quicksand!

Postby Quicksand-Lover-7 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:11 am

Here is the link to a video of a Chinese woman sinking in tidal quicksand up to her waist while walking across a mudflat by herself on a beach.

Link:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G6hTEDB6s ... e=youtu.be

Screenshots:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zxy070401

Re: Chinese Woman Sinking In Tidal Quicksand!

Postby zxy070401 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:44 am

Did you travel through time from the dinosaur era? I promise that all the fish from the Cambrian period have seen this. :D
This video looks quite awkwardly. It seems to be telling you that "if the mud covered your little toe, you will never get out by yourself" :D

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:46 pm

Just a poorly staged reenactment scene. I imagine the real entrapment went differently.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

mudmaiden

Postby mudmaiden » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:39 pm

Nothing to write home about here!
Tarzan to Jill Hardy: Girl be still. Not sink!!"
From "Valley Of Mystery" : Don't struggle and do not thrash around; that just makes things worse!

Also: check me out at:
http://mudmaiden.deviantart.com/gallery/

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:05 am

Wow, so harsh! I've never seen this before, and I don't see how this was a "poorly staged" reenactment scene. I thought the bits where her legs were trapped were pretty good.

Thank you for this. It seems like the others here have gotten rather spoilt by the excellent quicksand videos from producers here... I remember when I was a teenager, I'd have thought it was brilliant if something like this had been on the TV.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:24 pm

quagmire_uk wrote:Wow, so harsh! I've never seen this before, and I don't see how this was a "poorly staged" reenactment scene. I thought the bits where her legs were trapped were pretty good.

Thank you for this. It seems like the others here have gotten rather spoilt by the excellent quicksand videos from producers here... I remember when I was a teenager, I'd have thought it was brilliant if something like this had been on the TV.

My thoughts as well. zxy070401 won't be around much longer if he keeps acting like a limp dick.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

TK421

Postby TK421 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:12 pm

quagmire_uk wrote:Wow, so harsh! I've never seen this before, and I don't see how this was a "poorly staged" reenactment scene. I thought the bits where her legs were trapped were pretty good.

I concur! Like, seriously. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all and all that. It costs 0.00 to be nice, folks. 20 years ago, many of us would be clamoring over each other for a scene like this
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:46 pm

The "poorly staged" remark was mine, it was an accurate observation (stuck 1 inch deep in wet sand?), was not meant to be a cruel insult, and I certainly this place isn't turning into one of those censored forums were honest opinions are attacked and barred from giving if they don't suit someone else's senses. :cry:

Personally, I believe in real life the woman's boots plunged several inches into the sand when she got caught, but the video was made intentionally more dramatic.

I thought the bits where her legs were trapped were pretty good.

I do too. I'm even editing a copy that removes the narrations and just shows the victim's footage. But the situation didn't begin with her legs trapped. That would be more believable.

I concur! Like, seriously. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all and all that

How many times have I heard someone say that to someone else in a public forum? This is not Russia and I was not talking about Putin, so stop trying to toss me out 16-story windows for saying my piece, will ya?
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:55 pm

BogDog wrote:.... How many times have I heard someone say that to someone else in a public forum? This is not Russia and I was not talking about Putin, so stop trying to toss me out 16-story windows for saying my piece, will ya?

For my part, I didn't realize that your remark was referenced in what I was quoting. My ire was directed at zxy070401 - and I presumed everyone else's was as well.

FWIW, the clip looked vaguely familiar, but not to the extent that I thought it had been posted here before.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:51 pm

i really like the closeup sinking shots. We so rarely get to see someone who starts by standing on the mud then slowly sinking! That's my ideal scenario, as opposed to plopping down into the quicksand. I know, there's reality and physics, but those are not the reasons we're here, are they?
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Return to “Nuggets”