No Question About This One........Embarrassing Though

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
klaszlo

No Question About This One........Embarrassing Though

Postby klaszlo » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:19 pm

Hello All:

Just grabbed off Google...................

http://bit.ly/bcwK4T

No Comment.

K Laszlo

Duncan Edwards

Re: No Question About This One........Embarrassing Though

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:38 pm

I'll be very surprised if it wasn't someone who reads this board. At the same time though who that is a regular here would have let that happen to himself? There's not much info in the article but the guy must have had shoes on to get himself stuck that good. Possibly he really had some kind of rescue fantasy?
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

bart1997

Postby bart1997 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:40 pm

Last edited by bart1997 on Sat May 09, 2015 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:00 am

That is wild. It's not likely that an experienced sinker would get himself stuck that badly, so, he either didn't know what he was doing or that was a mighty unusual and treacherous quicksand.

That suck-ya-down action described in the story is unusual too. Sounds like the couple was really afraid he'd slip under. One usually stops around chest-deep in any kind of mud, so...what kind of quicksand was it?

I second the idea that perhaps he had on heavy shoes or heavy boots. They're the worst. But maybe he didn't know that...

...so, whoever ya are, before ya go try this again, search out this forum for advice...or just ask me!

Nessie

bart1997

Postby bart1997 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:45 am

Last edited by bart1997 on Sat May 09, 2015 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

tempman

Postby tempman » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:28 am

Sounds like someone who likes quicksand and wanted to try it for real, rather than an experienced sinker.
Still pretty funny though! I'd hate to be in that situation but I always have a universal excuse just in case.

Barefoot with shoes nearby- "I've been walking for hours! I thought this was a shallow puddle so I thought I'd cool my feet off
Barefoot with shoes in rucksack- Usually just say that I'm a runner and "this sometimes happens but never this bad! Luckily I have spare shoes in my bag"
Naked... well there's no excuse for naked :lol: always wondered what I would say though!

I also don't doubt the peril of the situation too. I live near a place with notorious mudflats. The stuff near the shore is very dangerous. It's like a really thick mud. You sink very slowly into it and it's sticky, no water on the surface and nothing pools inside the created holes. It's mightily dangerous, even featured on some TV shows here. If you wanted to under in that stuff - you could. I'd describe it as a thin clay.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:15 am

tempman wrote:Naked... well there's no excuse for naked :lol: always wondered what I would say though!

How about "The mud sucked my clothes off!". :P

I also don't doubt the peril of the situation too. I live near a place with notorious mudflats. The stuff near the shore is very dangerous. It's like a really thick mud. You sink very slowly into it and it's sticky, no water on the surface and nothing pools inside the created holes. It's mightily dangerous, even featured on some TV shows here. If you wanted to under in that stuff - you could. I'd describe it as a thin clay.

That sounds like an excellent type of mud for sinking into for the experienced, so long as it doesn't settle and pack around you! :)
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Return to “Nuggets”