Another youtube find

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
Chest Deep

Another youtube find

Postby Chest Deep » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:20 am

Not sure what film this is from or why they two of them choose to cross an obviously deep and soft mud bog, but I just love the color and consistency of the mud here. Nice long sinking scene and wading through shoulder deep mud. Oh, and judging from the title of the piece . . . uhm, well her dress did get a bit muddy!

Perhaps others have posted this before, but it was new for me. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLefgz74BhQ&NR=1

:sink:
Chest Deep

sinkin' slowly

Robert
Producer

Re: Another youtube find

Postby Robert » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:18 am

I thought for sure he was going to smack her in the head with that rifle ..lol

Nice find and mud!!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:51 am

Now THAT'S method acting! :D

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:01 am

I think that scene is from the movie "Come And See".
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Herzeleid

Postby Herzeleid » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:20 pm

You are quite correct, Boggyman, that scene is indeed from the Russian film "Come And See'. I have the DVD and I can tell you that the actress is Olga Miranova. The film is a very powerful war film concerning a young lad and his girlfriend who join the partisans to fight the Nazis.
I would definitely recommend the film, not only for the excellent bog scene, but it's pertrayal of how war can affect people.
"Gott weiss ich will kein engel sein" ( God knows I don't want to be an angel )
_ Rammstein, "Engel"

Chest Deep

Postby Chest Deep » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:54 pm

Thank you Herzeleid for the info.

It never ceases to amaze me the breadth and depth (pun intended) of the knowledge base of this awesome extended Community that I get to be a part of. The mere thought that two Members here were able to recognize the really obscure film this scene came from (wait, obscure Russian film, no less) and post that film's title and synopsis here on this Board for all to read less than 12 hours after I posted the clip is nothing short of amazing. That one of you folks actually own a DVD copy of the film and can highly recommend it is by any standard measurement, absolutely off the charts.

Over the years, I have viewed literally tens of thousands of photo images, vidcaps, film clips and full videos depicting q/s and mud and the folks who land themselves at various depths into theses non-Newtonian substances. I recognize that it is highly unlikely (actually, nigh on impossible) that "little old me" is going to locate and post some obscure clip or photo that none of our Membership has ever seen, but I do hold out hope. I had thought that yesterday's post contained just such a clip.

Many thanks again to Boggy Man and Herzeleid for reminding me once again of the awesome power of the internet and for knocking me down a couple of pegs. A little humility is a good thing.

Still, the mud in that scene was really cool, wasn't it? 8-)
Chest Deep

sinkin' slowly

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:48 pm

Chest Deep wrote:I had thought that yesterday's post contained just such a clip.
This clip is pretty well known within the community. It was known even before the "Dawns are quiet here" ;)
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:43 am

Chest Deep wrote:The mere thought that two Members here were able to recognize the really obscure film this scene came from (wait, obscure Russian film, no less) and post that film's title and synopsis here on this Board for all to read less than 12 hours after I posted the clip is nothing short of amazing.

Actually, I recognized this scene because a link to a 30.8 mb wmv file of this scene, and one to a YouTube clip, was posted at Deep Sinking a while back on a couple of occasions. 8-)
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

quickandy 1

Postby quickandy 1 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:22 pm

Saw this clip a while back. Pretty good scene.

Herzeleid

Postby Herzeleid » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:27 pm

Further to my reply to Chestdeep, I've found that the film is available as a double disc re-mastered version on a certain CD and DVD internet store in the UK for £14 ; 99, so I might just take the "Plunge" and buy it. The thought of Olga Miranova struggling through a "Re - mastered" bog is quite appealing! :D :D :D :D
"Gott weiss ich will kein engel sein" ( God knows I don't want to be an angel )
_ Rammstein, "Engel"

Return to “Nuggets”