A superhero/superheroine request

It can't hurt to ask for stuff - nicely, that is...
harold smith

A superhero/superheroine request

Postby harold smith » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:19 pm

Although I'm fairly computer literate, I'm also rather poor, which explains why I can't upload some of the color comics that I have that involve quicksand (I'm thinking in particular about a couple of JLA comics that I have).

So might I request that if anyone has comics involving superheroes or superheroines that they be gathered in one thread here?

I know that there is a Superman quicksand and a Thor comic (Thor involves Baldur and a Norse goddess, not Thor himself) that I've long since lost, and PMK2 has posted a couple of Flash, Green Lantern, and Supergirl quicksand themes, and I have color editions of two JLA comic strips involving quicksand and mud.

Anyway, superheroes in mud and quicksand could be considered a niche theme, and it would be nice if people chose to post such comics in one place.

If the request is out of line, since I cannot upload anything at the moment, then please accept my apologies to the board.

bangskull22

Re: A superhero/superheroine request

Postby bangskull22 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:10 am

There's a folder for you to direct this:

http://www.quicksandfans.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=22

Moderator's note: Bangskull22 is correct; this topic is better suited for the "Requests" section of the board. Topic has been moved

harold smith

Postby harold smith » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:40 am

bangskull22 wrote:There's a folder for you to direct this:

http://www.quicksandfans.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=22

Moderator's note: Bangskull22 is correct; this topic is better suited for the "Requests" section of the board. Topic has been moved

Thanks for the move and apologies for the inappropriate placement of the request.

Tim Kelly

Postby Tim Kelly » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:38 am

The Thor comic Harold Smith referred to was Baldur and Thor's girlfriend Sif (unfortunate name!); they encountered three supernatural beings, "We three, the Enchanters, who wear the Living Talismen....." who, as a demonstration of their power, turned the ground the two gods were standing on into quicksand; unable to find anything to pull themselves out with, Sif teleported herself and Balder to "Midgard! Home of mortal men! Here we shall be safe!" Least that's how I remember it....
"Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh! Quicksand! I'm sinking! I'll go straight to the bottom of.......GLURP!"
(a month later)
"Ugh! Yukkkh! Ptui! I'm out of it! I'm free! Not even quicksand can defeat the power of.....the Eye of Zoltec!"

Return to “Requests”