British1970s tv series

It can't hurt to ask for stuff - nicely, that is...
Tim Kelly

British1970s tv series

Postby Tim Kelly » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:16 pm

I seem to remember a children's tv series on ITV in Britain in the early 70s; it was a variation on the legend of Princess Caraboo, an asian princess stranded in Cornwall, UK, after her ship was destroyed by "Wreckers"; she was concealed by a teenage brother and sister to protect her from the gang of wreckers who controlled their village; in the last episode the leader of the wreckers, played by David Jason(!) of "Open All Hours" and "A Touch Of Frost" fame, was sucked down in quicksand; I don't remember the name of the series but the last episode was titled "The Shivering Sands"; does anyone else remember this series?
"Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh! Quicksand! I'm sinking! I'll go straight to the bottom of.......GLURP!"
(a month later)
"Ugh! Yukkkh! Ptui! I'm out of it! I'm free! Not even quicksand can defeat the power of.....the Eye of Zoltec!"

Fred588
Producer

Re: British1970s tv series

Postby Fred588 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:48 pm

I cannot help identify the show but it might be helpful, in searching, to know that the term "shivering sands" also appears in at least two other stories with quicksand. There is a novel by that title by a Victoria Holt (aka Eleanor Hibbert) and the term is also used in "The Moonstone" by Wilkie Collins. I think the tem is also used in the television version of the Moonstone but am not certain of that.

Tim Kelly wrote:I seem to remember a children's tv series on ITV in Britain in the early 70s; it was a variation on the legend of Princess Caraboo, an asian princess stranded in Cornwall, UK, after her ship was destroyed by "Wreckers"; she was concealed by a teenage brother and sister to protect her from the gang of wreckers who controlled their village; in the last episode the leader of the wreckers, played by David Jason(!) of "Open All Hours" and "A Touch Of Frost" fame, was sucked down in quicksand; I don't remember the name of the series but the last episode was titled "The Shivering Sands"; does anyone else remember this series?
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Tim

Postby Tim » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:00 pm

Hi

The series is called "Wreckers at Dead Eye", and is available to buy on DVD over here.

A quick search pulled up the following image.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tim Kelly

Postby Tim Kelly » Fri May 21, 2021 8:19 pm

Tim wrote:Hi

The series is called "Wreckers at Dead Eye", and is available to buy on DVD over here.

A quick search pulled up the following image.

The last words of the "Wrecker" (a land-based pirate) in this scene were, "Aaaaaaarrrrrhhhhh! 'Tis Shivering Sands!"
"Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh! Quicksand! I'm sinking! I'll go straight to the bottom of.......GLURP!"
(a month later)
"Ugh! Yukkkh! Ptui! I'm out of it! I'm free! Not even quicksand can defeat the power of.....the Eye of Zoltec!"

Return to “Requests”