no time for love

It can't hurt to ask for stuff - nicely, that is...
gamwam

no time for love

Postby gamwam » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:18 am

no time for love (1943),.. ive just read that apparently there is a group of guys wallowing in mud somewhere in this movie,.. can anyone confirm this or is anyone able toget hold of the scene?,..as this is something that sounds very nice indeedy!! :D

Duncan Edwards

Re: no time for love

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:48 pm

gamwam wrote:no time for love (1943),.. ive just read that apparently there is a group of guys wallowing in mud somewhere in this movie,.. can anyone confirm this or is anyone able toget hold of the scene?,..as this is something that sounds very nice indeedy!! :D

This starred Fred McMurry and Claudette Colbert if I remember correctly. He is a tunneling engineer and spends some scenes slopping around in the goo with some burly, 1940's, construction guy types. Not sure if you would find it interesting or not. I will say that the mud is terrific quality and the scenes are technically very well done. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

dougiezerts

Postby dougiezerts » Sun May 03, 2009 5:20 pm

I think it's one of the greatest scenes ever filmed by Hollywood.
Fred is testing a new engineering machine, and Claudette sneaks in to take photos. The tunnel fills with mud, getting him, her, and everyone else very muddy!
But that isn't all. Claudette loses her camera, so she has to go back into the mud to get it!

Cayolynne Meier
Location: Wallowing in a nice, thick, creamy pit of clay near you...

Postby Cayolynne Meier » Mon May 04, 2009 5:41 pm

Hmmm... I'm a big Claudette Colbert fan, and used to tape every movie of hers that I came across on cable. I think my S.O. has the ability to transfer VHS to digital.
I'm still unpacking from my move, and will look for it when I get to the box of tapes.

~Cayo

dougiezerts

Postby dougiezerts » Thu May 14, 2009 1:18 am

Cayolynne Meier wrote:Hmmm... I'm a big Claudette Colbert fan, and used to tape every movie of hers that I came across on cable. I think my S.O. has the ability to transfer VHS to digital.
I'm still unpacking from my move, and will look for it when I get to the box of tapes.

~Cayo

Where'd you get that avalter drawing? Very sexy!

Cayolynne Meier
Location: Wallowing in a nice, thick, creamy pit of clay near you...

Postby Cayolynne Meier » Thu May 14, 2009 6:34 am

dougiezerts wrote:
Cayolynne Meier wrote:Hmmm... I'm a big Claudette Colbert fan, and used to tape every movie of hers that I came across on cable. I think my S.O. has the ability to transfer VHS to digital.

~Cayo

Where'd you get that avalter drawing? Very sexy!

I think it turned up in a Google search on mudbathing. The drawing was on an old German postcard.

Sorry for the brief hijack of your thread, gamwam.

~Cayo

Return to “Requests”