Archives

It can't hurt to ask for stuff - nicely, that is...
Frederick

Archives

Postby Frederick » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:59 am

I've noticed that some pics in certain topics had to be removed due to space issues.

I was wondering if it was possible to set up an archive, or set of archives, for those lost pictures?

Robert
Producer

Re: Archives

Postby Robert » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:32 pm

Frederick wrote:I've noticed that some pics in certain topics had to be removed due to space issues.

I was wondering if it was possible to set up an archive, or set of archives, for those lost pictures?

I'm not sure about them being removed for space issues. The administrators have been very generous with bandwidth. More likely they were removed for inappropriateness. The idea of an archive rings a bell and may have been suggested before but it would be a good idea if it is inexpensive and someone could maintain it.

Robert

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:05 pm

I can't speak directly about any removal of images except from the producer forums. In those forums there is a storage limit, although it is a very generous one. As time goes by it IS necessary to remove material to make room for more. Establishing an archive would consume the same storage as would simply expanding the storage limits, so I doubt if that would be desirable. Creating an archive would, if not under the control of the copyright owner, create copyright issues unless the owner provided consent. This would be true for artwork, fakes, and drawings as well as photos and videos.

All that being said, producers often do re-post specific material from time to time, especially if there is a specific request.

Frederick wrote:I've noticed that some pics in certain topics had to be removed due to space issues.

Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:15 pm

Please provide a link to an example of this.

The only instance I am aware of was addressed some time ago (in as much as future deletions by that particular member are no longer necessary).
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Frederick

Postby Frederick » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:56 pm

@dlodoski

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=62 The earlier pics in PM2K's thread here were removed before I joined so I don't know what they were.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:40 am

Ok, thank you for the additional information.

PM2K is no longer faced with having to remove older attachments. In fact, he could insert the relative attachments back into those earlier topics if he chose to. :mrgreen:

Dave

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:11 am

dlodoski wrote:Ok, thank you for the additional information.

PM2K is no longer faced with having to remove older attachments. In fact, he could insert the relative attachments back into those earlier topics if he chose to. :mrgreen:

Dave

Hmmm... now that is an idea! :D

Sorry for the confusion... I did it myself when I hit the wall late last year. But I certainly can retrace my steps...

Frederick

Postby Frederick » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:47 am

^^ That's great! Thank you.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:51 am

Okay... I just replaced most of the ones in my PM2K folders... I may have missed a couple, but that's because my memory sucks... and I couldn't recall which ones I had posted before. This should help fill the gaps, though... :)

Return to “Requests”