Swamp Women

It can't hurt to ask for stuff - nicely, that is...
quickman

Swamp Women

Postby quickman » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:51 pm

Anyone familiar with this movie? Being it's from the golden age (1956) of cheesy movies, I would think quicksand would find it's way in somewhere.

mudmaiden

Re: Swamp Women

Postby mudmaiden » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:28 am

You would think with movies of the 50's when Hollywood having a heyday with DID scenes would not have any quicksand - in a swamp, no less - AND A BUNCH OF WOMEN SCANTLY CLAD ROMPING AROUND IN THE SWAMP AT THAT! It would have been glorious to see those 2 girls catfighting roll into a pit of quicksand, the scene would have turned from comical into a scene of desperation when the other girls try to pull them out. Maybe have the captured man freed to help assist in the rescue1 ANOTHER MISSED OPPURTUNITY!
Tarzan to Jill Hardy: Girl be still. Not sink!!"
From "Valley Of Mystery" : Don't struggle and do not thrash around; that just makes things worse!

Also: check me out at:
http://mudmaiden.deviantart.com/gallery/

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:27 pm

quickman wrote:Anyone familiar with this movie? Being it's from the golden age (1956) of cheesy movies, I would think quicksand would find it's way in somewhere.

That title was a like a beacon to many of us back in the day. Unfortunately it was the usual Roger Corman drive-in poster with a crap movie behind it. I'm also a big fan of just watching women swim and fight their way through natural wet stuff but even the water scene close ups appear to be shot in a back yard pool. It's been added to the list of remakes I'm going to produce when I win the lottery. :cry:
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:53 am

Many swamp woman, swamp girl or swamp-whatever books and movies exist, but none involve said character and quicksand or mud bog. In a few, a couple of men playing the bad guys may fall in, but no babes-in-bogs. Sad, isn't it?
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:00 pm

BogDog wrote:Many swamp woman, swamp girl or swamp-whatever books and movies exist, but none involve said character and quicksand or mud bog. In a few, a couple of men playing the bad guys may fall in, but no babes-in-bogs. Sad, isn't it?

Maybe they figured it was too obvious. Or that quicksand is a Jungle thing, and not so much a Swamp thing. (no pun intended).

Or they were just lazy and/or on a skimpy budget.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Qsvgitguy
Always Remembered

Postby Qsvgitguy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:53 am

dlodoski wrote:Or they were just lazy and/or on a skimpy budget.

BINGO! :x

quickman

Postby quickman » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:16 am

I guess a quicksand pit would put them over budget

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:02 pm

My assumption is that any woman (or man) raised in the swamps would be quicksand-wise and know how to spot and avoid. What we really want is "Lost In The Swamp Woman"..... :lol:
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:36 pm

May I suggest that a possible way to get such a flick, at least in the form of a scene or series of scenes from one or more of the producers here, as well as perhaps a fun exercise, might be to create a sort of rough storyboard.

I am not talking about a script. Rather, a series of sort of vignettes saying what the viewer sees and hears, but leaving the precise dialogue out EXCEPT in rare cases where some very specific sequence of words is critical. I would suggest that although focusing o the quicksand scene alone might be good enough to serve as a basis for a single quicksand video, it will require more than that to tie the sinking scene (or scenes) to a longer story.

If half a dozen people here want to try such a project I will be happy to provide some suggestions, and examples, of the writing format I am attempting to suggest.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

x42swamper

Postby x42swamper » Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:27 pm

You can actually watch this now on U-tube but you better hurry since they have been erasing old movies lately.

Enjoy and the main actors are Carole Mathews, Beverly Garland :P
As the path narrows you find yourself face to face with a dark towering Shadow. A shadow composed of all your doubts and fears. And he's well armed to defend the treasure.

Return to “Requests”