Looking for two movie names for scenes.

It can't hurt to ask for stuff - nicely, that is...
cnelson566

Looking for two movie names for scenes.

Postby cnelson566 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:56 pm

I remember someone posting a scene from a movie, not sure if it was in the 90s or 2000s. I think it was an Australian or maybe New Zealand western. In the scene an attractive actress (who's name i can't remember either dang it) is walking on a beach in a Victorian dress while a cowboy spies on her from some bushes. She stumbles into quicksand and the cowboy has to come out of hiding to save her. I remember this scene because one the actress was quite attractive, and two the quicksand had as i remember an awesome porridge like consistancy. The other movie scene was from (I think?) a made for tv comedy.
Has a middle aged lady at an elderly nature retreat. and in the scene i think the group was going birdwatching but she didn't want to go, and decides to for a walk around the lake. She stumbles into a bog, and sinks, and gets saved by the movie love interest.
Would love to find the names of these movies, especially the first one. Or the name of the actress so i can search, any help would be appreciated!

Sedge

Re: Looking for two movie names for scenes.

Postby Sedge » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:01 pm

The other movie scene was from (I think?) a made for tv comedy.
Has a middle aged lady at an elderly nature retreat. and in the scene i think the group was going birdwatching but she didn't want to go, and decides to for a walk around the lake. She stumbles into a bog, and sinks, and gets saved by the movie love interest.
Would love to find the names of these movies, especially the first one. Or the name of the actress so i can search, any help would be appreciated!

I remember this scene, but I have never seen it in any of the qs scene lists. I cannot recall the name of the movie or the actress, but I remember it as a made for TV movie in the early or mid-1980s that I saw once when it aired on network TV. Your recollection of the plot that put the lead character in the sinking situation matches mine.

IIRC, she was shown walking along the shore of a pond alone after opting to not be with the others. She stopped walking to do something like look in the distance, and she started sinking vertically down into "muck" at least waist deep. I don't recall seeing clearly what she was sinking into. She called for help and at least a couple men of the group found her and lifted her vertically from the muck. I remember the look of her slacks dirty with whatever she sank into.

OBI-wan

Postby OBI-wan » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:31 pm

The Mating Season with Lucie Arnaz.
"Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Sedge

Postby Sedge » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:53 am

OBI-wan wrote:The Mating Season with Lucie Arnaz.

Boom! Thank you. As soon as I read the title I recognized it. I can't believe it was 1980. Wow. That eliminates any chance I might have taped it off the air back in the day.

OBI-wan

Postby OBI-wan » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:10 am

You’re welcome. The love interest was Lawrence Luckinbill.
"Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Jaina76

Postby Jaina76 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:02 am

cnelson566 wrote:I remember someone posting a scene from a movie, not sure if it was in the 90s or 2000s. I think it was an Australian or maybe New Zealand western. In the scene an attractive actress (who's name i can't remember either dang it) is walking on a beach in a Victorian dress while a cowboy spies on her from some bushes. She stumbles into quicksand and the cowboy has to come out of hiding to save her. I remember this scene because one the actress was quite attractive, and two the quicksand had as i remember an awesome porridge like consistency.

I believe the name of this one is called "The Pavilion". I like that quicksand consistency as well.

cnelson566

Postby cnelson566 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:45 am

Awesome! Thanks all!

Acidtester

Postby Acidtester » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:37 am

Patsy Kensit was the actress in the Pavillion.
She was gorgeous!!!
I always remember her as the super beautiful girl from Lethal Weapon 2.
If the system had one neck,
You know I'd gladly break it.

Sedge

Postby Sedge » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:07 pm

The Mating Season

I found on YT a *glimpse* of the Lucie Arnaz quicksand scene in "The Mating Season" in an apparent VHS off-the-air recording of a CBS 1980 Holiday Specials promo. It's in there, just a two-second piece of it as she begins to sink. But that's the first time I've seen any of it since 1980.
https://youtu.be/m-NnpC0uAbc?t=84
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Theo

Postby Theo » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:08 am

Sedge wrote:The Mating Season

I found on YT a *glimpse* of the Lucie Arnaz quicksand scene in "The Mating Season" in an apparent VHS off-the-air recording of a CBS 1980 Holiday Specials promo. It's in there, just a two-second piece of it as she begins to sink. But that's the first time I've seen any of it since 1980.
https://youtu.be/m-NnpC0uAbc?t=84

Man I'd love to see that one Lucie Arnaz! I remember watching the Pavilion quicksand scene once, but I can't find it now.
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Return to “Requests”