PLEASE HELP WITH NAMING THIS MOVIE!!!!

It can't hurt to ask for stuff - nicely, that is...
boomer12k

PLEASE HELP WITH NAMING THIS MOVIE!!!!

Postby boomer12k » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:07 am

It is NOT, Guns of Darkness with David Niven, it is not ICE COLD IN ALEX.

When I was 8 or 9 years old, back in 1961-62-ish, but could be as late as '65-'67...my sister and I saw a movie on TV....(this has been suggested as "guns of darkness", but it is not)....It is probably before 1967, and maybe late 1950's as far as a date for the movie. This movie was about 4-5 people who got caught up in some sort of robbery in a coastal town...It could have been the US, or Mexico...not sure now, of course....I'm 57.... The SCENE is near the end of the movie, I think....the people have come upon a cabin, with a road, and tall grass-like bushes growing. They stop the car beside the grass, and a cabin/small house, is near by....They get out, and walk to the rear of the STATION WAGON....(white, in a B&W film, hence, people thought G.O.D. but that is in a river mud flat I think...and they have to climb out of the car, so it is different.).... they are talking and then they notice that the CAR AND THE LOOT!!!! ARE SINKING!!!! QUICKSAND!!!!! End of the movie, I think....my memory of this is sketchy at best....
My sister and I saw this...she does not remember at all...but it was on twice... first time saw the whole thing, we thought it was an OK movie.... we watched the first part of the rerun....recognized it, and changed channels, or turned it off and went and did something else....
I thought with a connoisseur of fine Quicksand Art, such as you all are, you might have run into it.....any IDEAS???????? It is just DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x

Thanks,
Boomer12k

Green Heart

Re: PLEASE HELP WITH NAMING THIS MOVIE!!!!

Postby Green Heart » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:53 pm

I think you need a bit more help finding the Caps lock button mate.

Moderator's Add: At least the whole post wasn't in Caps, so we'll cut the poster some slack; he/she did say "thanks" after all ;)

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:50 pm

I don't recognize the scene from your description, but I can commiserate with how you feel. I have a memory of a quicksand scene that does not seem to exist either. I have gradually rationalized that my memory is false, or is perhaps an amalgamation of fragments from multiple, separate memories. Is there any chance the same thing is happening here? Do have any other details?
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

boomer12k

Postby boomer12k » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:55 pm

I am sorry about the caps issue....I did not read in the Quicksand Fans Rules that caps were illegal, or not desired. Caps are not yelling at people, nor do they indicate anger, they are a way of inflecting an important point that you want to draw attention to, like underlining and bold type or an exclamation point, and should not be misconstrued as rude or obnoxious. That would be based on content of the text, not format.
And since the written word is covered in the USA by Freedom of Speech, I would have the Constitutional Right to type it out as I wish...and as long as I am mindful and considerate towards the rules of the forum....it should not be any problem.
So, I cap whole words only to bring an important point I want to bring to the readers attention because is adds punch to what I am saying. Like an Italian using his hands as he speaks.
Sorry if that offends some people. But maybe they only misunderstand my motives. I hope that I have cleared that up.

Thanks for your kind attention,

Boomer12k :D

spunkee311

Postby spunkee311 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:05 am

boomer12k wrote:I am sorry about the caps issue....I did not read in the Quicksand Fans Rules that caps were illegal, or not desired. Caps are not yelling at people, nor do they indicate anger, they are a way of inflecting an important point that you want to draw attention to, like underlining and bold type or an exclamation point, and should not be misconstrued as rude or obnoxious. That would be based on content of the text, not format.
And since the written word is covered in the USA by Freedom of Speech, I would have the Constitutional Right to type it out as I wish...and as long as I am mindful and considerate towards the rules of the forum....it should not be any problem.
So, I cap whole words only to bring an important point I want to bring to the readers attention because is adds punch to what I am saying. Like an Italian using his hands as he speaks.
Sorry if that offends some people. But maybe they only misunderstand my motives. I hope that I have cleared that up.

Thanks for your kind attention,

Boomer12k :D

Welcome to the forums. And don't worry about it. Way too many people nit-pick on these forums about anything and everything. You'll have to eventually get used to it (or immune)

General Woundwort

Postby General Woundwort » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:01 am

Now let us limit further posts to this particular thread to pertinent information or questions about the scene described by the poster. Thank you.

Return to “Requests”