quicksand in the movie "Crusoe"

It can't hurt to ask for stuff - nicely, that is...
candybar1

quicksand in the movie "Crusoe"

Postby candybar1 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:59 pm

Crusoe is chasing after a local on the island, shooting at him and whatnot, when he stumbles into quicksand. the local ends up saving him with a tree branch. i havent seen it since i was a little kid but i remember it being pretty good. does anyone know where i can find this clip? ive searched youtube and other video sites but i cant find it. :( i would greatly appreciate any input on this. thank you!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Re: quicksand in the movie "Crusoe"

Postby PM2K » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:22 am

That is a very cool mainstream scene, I thought! :D

I think I may have seen it on Youtube... but I'm not sure...

bahno

Postby bahno » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:33 pm

candybar1 wrote:Crusoe is chasing after a local on the island, shooting at him and whatnot, when he stumbles into quicksand. the local ends up saving him with a tree branch. i havent seen it since i was a little kid but i remember it being pretty good. does anyone know where i can find this clip? ive searched youtube and other video sites but i cant find it. :( i would greatly appreciate any input on this. thank you!

Is this what are you talking about?

http://thewambank.com/videos.php?id=8351&list=0

but it is not free clip :(

Antares

Postby Antares » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:21 pm

I always wondered how the WAM bank can get away with selling clips that they blatantly did not produce?

candybar1

Postby candybar1 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:49 am

yes that is the scene! thanks alot. unfortunetly i dont have money to spend on it :(

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:26 am

Antares wrote:I always wondered how the WAM bank can get away with selling clips that they blatantly did not produce?

Not that I want to make arguments for WAMBank but they don't sell clips. After you pay them you don't own it. Their argument is that they charge to cover the costs of collecting and downloading all of those clips. Dave once charged a nominal fee to collect and distribute all of those scenes on tape years ago so I kind of understand the principal anyway. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:59 pm

I doubt very much that a judge would buy such an argument.

Duncan Edwards wrote:
Antares wrote:I always wondered how the WAM bank can get away with selling clips that they blatantly did not produce?

Not that I want to make arguments for WAMBank but they don't sell clips. After you pay them you don't own it. Their argument is that they charge to cover the costs of collecting and downloading all of those clips. Dave once charged a nominal fee to collect and distribute all of those scenes on tape years ago so I kind of understand the principal anyway. 8-)
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:38 pm

Fred588 wrote:I doubt very much that a judge would buy such an argument.

You may well be right but that's the rationale they use. Their biggest protection probably comes from this being a bit of a gray area. Given the nature of most of what is on the site they also benefit from it not being worth anyone's care to do anything about it.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:42 pm

I think it makes much more sense to compare the quicksand clip tapes with WAMTEC, and not with The WAMBank.

In any case, Mark K---- has rarely paid for 'misses'. Most of the costs I endured was not for obtaining media that contained scenes, but rather, for media that did not. For a while there, it was a $200 a week habit.

The WAMBank is all about obtaining and distributing known scenes. I don't see any development (searching) costs there at all. My clip tape service was all about funding the search for obscure scenes.

In any case, Youtube is guilty of most of the same sins, so it's hardly worth mentioning the legality of it all. IN any case, I've been done with 'clips as revenue' for a long time. I'm glad I did it though, because the folks that supported it can be thanked for a great many clips that otherwise would not be in circulation right now.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Antares

Postby Antares » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:55 pm

Dave - the clip tapes you provided in the mists of time did require time and effort - not to mention postage and distribution. I'd forgot about them but I don't really think that it's the same circumstance. It'd be more like charging a subscription for quicksandmovies.net...

I'm not really bothered about what the WAM bank are doing as such, i've seen other such sites on the net, but with all the cease and desist Youtube madness I am surprised that someone hasn't shut them down. I don't think they'd have a leg to stand on!

Are they actually good quality clips on the site or are they selling the quicksand clips found by yourself Dave and others in the community?

Return to “Requests”