Gerry Anderson's girls

It can't hurt to ask for stuff - nicely, that is...
captain scarlet

Gerry Anderson's girls

Postby captain scarlet » Fri May 08, 2009 1:06 am

Has anyone thought of creating and submitting drawings or photomanips of any of the girls from the old Gerry Anderson tv series from the 60s? I mean like Venus from Fireball XL5, Marina and Atlanta from Stingray, Penelope from Thunderbirds, any or all of the Angels from Captain Scarlet, or any of the girls from UFO or Space 1999, either nude, in quicksand, or both? Just a thought.
"Paul! PAUL! Are you all right?"
"I will be, Adam,...I ...will ...be......"

"Oxygen? But that isn't dangerous".
"It is...when there isn't any!"

Robert
Producer

Re: Gerry Anderson's girls

Postby Robert » Fri May 08, 2009 11:26 am

captain scarlet wrote:Has anyone thought of creating and submitting drawings or photomanips of any of the girls from the old Gerry Anderson tv series from the 60s? I mean like Venus from Fireball XL5, Marina and Atlanta from Stingray, Penelope from Thunderbirds, any or all of the Angels from Captain Scarlet, or any of the girls from UFO or Space 1999, either nude, in quicksand, or both? Just a thought.

There was a quicksand scene in one of these. Can't remember which one though. Fireball XL5 I think. Remember "Super Car" Captain?

captain scarlet

Postby captain scarlet » Fri May 08, 2009 11:36 pm

actually Robert, there were two; there was a scene in Supercar where Mike Mercury's aunt fell off a rope bridge into a bog (looked more like a pile of horse manure to me) and had to be winched out; and there was a scene where aliens hijacked the Main Body of Fireball XL5 but landed in an area of deep lunar ash; fortunately Steve Zodiac arrived in Fireball Junior (the ship's Command Module) and reattached in time to fire the main motors and escape.

Robert
Producer

Postby Robert » Sat May 09, 2009 1:30 am

captain scarlet wrote:actually Robert, there were two; there was a scene in Supercar where Mike Mercury's aunt fell off a rope bridge into a bog (looked more like a pile of horse manure to me) and had to be winched out; and there was a scene where aliens hijacked the Main Body of Fireball XL5 but landed in an area of deep lunar ash; fortunately Steve Zodiac arrived in Fireball Junior (the ship's Command Module) and reattached in time to fire the main motors and escape.

Awesome!! Ah yes ... Saturday mornings... I only remember bits and pieces of XL5 and Supercar episodes but can still remember the theme song to Supercar. I wonder if it is available on DVD or VHS somewhere.

captain scarlet

Postby captain scarlet » Sat May 09, 2009 2:14 am

Sorry, can't help with the theme from Supercar, BUT.... a few years ago I heard a cover version of the theme from Fireball XL5 by a rock group called the Cadets (I think); sounded like an all-girl group, and they included the never before heard third verse; I'd never heard that before! When the Australian comedian Bob Downe covered the tune he only did the first two verses (catch the video on YouTube). Has anyone else heard the Cadets version, just to prove that I wasn't hearing things? I think it was played on an early morning prog on KISS FM.

lewt_00

Postby lewt_00 » Sat May 09, 2009 11:20 pm

captain scarlet wrote:actually Robert, there were two; there was a scene in Supercar where Mike Mercury's aunt fell off a rope bridge into a bog (looked more like a pile of horse manure to me) and had to be winched out; and there was a scene where aliens hijacked the Main Body of Fireball XL5 but landed in an area of deep lunar ash; fortunately Steve Zodiac arrived in Fireball Junior (the ship's Command Module) and reattached in time to fire the main motors and escape.

I have a vague memory of some kind of sinking scene in Fireball XL5. It goes like this:

There was some kind of planetary fortress. Vines would quickly grow on the walls.
As Steve, Venus and the Professor were making their escape, the vines grabed both
Venus and the Professor pulling them into the ground. Steve was trying his best to
free them.

That's my very hazy memory of watching that scene. I had not seen it since that
Saturday morning in 1965.

Dave the QSFan
Last edited by lewt_00 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Robert
Producer

Postby Robert » Sun May 10, 2009 1:23 am

Both Supercar and XL5 have small clips on YouTube.. sorry didn't have the qs scenes. :(

stefani_tg

Postby stefani_tg » Fri May 22, 2009 8:03 pm

actually there's another one where steve zodiac is thrown from his hover bike into a quagmire... i've only seen it once though

:?

edit: found a mention online of it - it's called 'The Day in the Life of a Space General'

:D
Last edited by stefani_tg on Fri May 22, 2009 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sites n forums bout gals in quicksand cos guys luv chicks who are dirtee n wet!

;-D

stefani_tg

Postby stefani_tg » Fri May 22, 2009 8:05 pm

lewt_00 wrote:I have a vague memory of some kind of sinking scene in Fireball XL5. It goes like this:

There was some kind of planetary fortress. Vines would quickly grow on the walls.
As Steve, Venus and the Professor were making their escape, the vines grabed both
Venus and the Professor pulling them into the ground. Steve was trying his best to
free them.

That's my very hazy memory of watching that scene. I had not seen it since that
Saturday morning in 1965.

Dave the QSFan

i've seen that one and it isn't a qs or sinking scene... the vines just pull them to the ground and cover them
sites n forums bout gals in quicksand cos guys luv chicks who are dirtee n wet!

;-D

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Fri May 22, 2009 11:52 pm

I'm not terribly interested in the puppets :D but there were some great girls in great outfits in Gerry's live action series UFO and Space: 1999.

Gotta love those ladies in tight outfits and purple hair! The look was designed by Gerry's wife Sylvia.
(All the moonbase ladies have purple hair... which means purple hair it is PART OF THE UNIFORM. Sylvia theorised that perhaps in the future wigs would become fashionable - half the cast wore wigs of some sort.)
While I don't have a thing for wigs, I DO have a thing for the colour purple...

Return to “Requests”