Gerry Anderson's girls

It can't hurt to ask for stuff - nicely, that is...
Tim Kelly

Re: Gerry Anderson's girls

Postby Tim Kelly » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:51 pm

lewt_00 wrote:
captain scarlet wrote:actually Robert, there were two; there was a scene in Supercar where Mike Mercury's aunt fell off a rope bridge into a bog (looked more like a pile of horse manure to me) and had to be winched out; and there was a scene where aliens hijacked the Main Body of Fireball XL5 but landed in an area of deep lunar ash; fortunately Steve Zodiac arrived in Fireball Junior (the ship's Command Module) and reattached in time to fire the main motors and escape.

I have a vague memory of some kind of sinking scene in Fireball XL5. It goes like this:

There was some kind of planetary fortress. Vines would quickly grow on the walls.
As Steve, Venus and the Professor were making their escape, the vines grabed both
Venus and the Professor pulling them into the ground. Steve was trying his best to
free them.

That's my very hazy memory of watching that scene. I had not seen it since that
Saturday morning in 1965.
There was another scene in the episode "A Day In The Life Of A Space General"; Steve Zodiac was crossing an area of rough ground when he fell off his "jetmobile" (a flying motorcycle) and into the only patch of quicksand on the planet! Fortunately his travelling companion Jock, in one of his rare expeditions off-world, recovered the Jetmobile, threw Zodiac a rope, and hauled him out. The complete episode is available on YouTube.

Dave the QSFan
"Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh! Quicksand! I'm sinking! I'll go straight to the bottom of.......GLURP!"
(a month later)
"Ugh! Yukkkh! Ptui! I'm out of it! I'm free! Not even quicksand can defeat the power of.....the Eye of Zoltec!"

Tim Kelly

Re: Gerry Anderson's girls

Postby Tim Kelly » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:52 pm

lewt_00 wrote:
captain scarlet wrote:actually Robert, there were two; there was a scene in Supercar where Mike Mercury's aunt fell off a rope bridge into a bog (looked more like a pile of horse manure to me) and had to be winched out; and there was a scene where aliens hijacked the Main Body of Fireball XL5 but landed in an area of deep lunar ash; fortunately Steve Zodiac arrived in Fireball Junior (the ship's Command Module) and reattached in time to fire the main motors and escape.

I have a vague memory of some kind of sinking scene in Fireball XL5. It goes like this:

There was some kind of planetary fortress. Vines would quickly grow on the walls.
As Steve, Venus and the Professor were making their escape, the vines grabed both
Venus and the Professor pulling them into the ground. Steve was trying his best to
free them.

That's my very hazy memory of watching that scene. I had not seen it since that
Saturday morning in 1965.
There was another scene in the episode "A Day In The Life Of A Space General"; Steve Zodiac was crossing an area of rough ground when he fell off his "jetmobile" (a flying motorcycle) and into the only patch of quicksand on the planet! Fortunately his travelling companion Jock, in one of his rare expeditions off-world, recovered the Jetmobile, threw Zodiac a rope, and hauled him out. The complete episode is available on YouTube.

Dave the QSFan
"Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh! Quicksand! I'm sinking! I'll go straight to the bottom of.......GLURP!"
(a month later)
"Ugh! Yukkkh! Ptui! I'm out of it! I'm free! Not even quicksand can defeat the power of.....the Eye of Zoltec!"

Return to “Requests”