Old video

It can't hurt to ask for stuff - nicely, that is...
MuddyEddie

Old video

Postby MuddyEddie » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:48 am

I think it might have been one of Kaol's early videos, but there was one that he did with a lady (possibly Ann) up to her chest in mud. Then someone starts walking around her and bouncing the mud up and down.

It was such a cool video, and totally awesome to see how the mud moved. But I looked at Kaol's site and didn't see the video there. Does anyone else remember it, or am I just imaging things? :mrgreen:

Eddie

Nessie
Producer

Re: Old video

Postby Nessie » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:57 am

I seem to remember an accented voice saying, "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy!" when that happened! That mudpit did look pretty cool.

I'm gonna say...I think it was on a videotape called "Tourist Tales" and it was probably called "The Tourist". It was played for laughs (and yes, I laughed).

But I'd suggest e-mailing Kaol personally (he's here under "kaolumbia"). I don't know if this one ever made it to a DVD and I don't see it on his UMD.net download store either.

Nessie

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:07 am

I remember downloading the short preview video clip of it years ago (can't remember if it was one or two people running around her, bouncing the mud) on my dusty Commodore Amiga 1000 (which currently sits mostly idle, gathering cobwebs, beside my 24" iMac). But, I am afraid that I believe it is on a hd I had to remove, because it suffered a massive failure (number of corrupted files kept on expanding, and then spread across partitions, until the system files got corrupted, crashing the computer, and after that, the hd would do nothing but give bursts of rapid clicks), with all the data lost, or, if anything is recoverable, garbled at best. :( But, if I remember correctly, the name of the preview clip was "Bouncing Earth".
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

MuddyEddie

Postby MuddyEddie » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:18 pm

As I recall, this was one of those that I found courtesy of the old ASFWAM usenet group. I think he might have had it posted on his original Yahoo group as well. But I had the same problem as you, Boggy. My HD crashed about 6 years ago and I lost a boatload of stuff.

Eddie

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:05 pm

I remember that in "Kristine's First Time" she said "bouncy bouncy bouncy" during an attempt to get her deeper. I think someone was walking around her at the time.
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:12 pm

I concur with Nessie... I believe the scene you speak of is from, "The Tourist," which is the first of three video stories from Kaol's, Tourist Tales. The lady is indeed Ann, who is lost after getting separated from her tour group in a foreign land and gets stuck in quicksand. Kaol plays the role of a "local national" who happens upon her. Nice shots of Ann slowly sinking into the mud as she stands there, and the stuff bubbles nicely. I believe in the raw footage at the end you see glimpses of Chuck Lang in the background with one of the videocams.

The other two video stories include the Quicksand Scene from, "The Mind is Key," as well as Christy North in a wonderful snug, white top and short jean skirt getting stuck in quicksand in, "The Lost Pooch."

I have the video and am not sure if it was released in DVD format.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:12 am

Chimerix wrote:I remember that in "Kristine's First Time" she said "bouncy bouncy bouncy" during an attempt to get her deeper. I think someone was walking around her at the time.

Ya know, methinks both of them got to do the Bouncy-Bouncy, but...did Kristine bouncy herself?

(It's been awhile since I watched it...but I do have it, on VHS.)

Nessie

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:40 pm

Nessie wrote:Ya know, methinks both of them got to do the Bouncy-Bouncy, but...did Kristine bouncy herself?

(It's been awhile since I watched it...but I do have it, on VHS.)

Nessie

I'd have to check again as I have that scene and I believe it and Explorer - Revisited have scenes, especially in the raw footage/out takes, where I believe Kaol had to go out onto the mud to assist Kristine by pushing her in deeper. Yes, Kristine did say, "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy," as she laughed while being pushed into the mud. However, if you mean that phrase actually being spoken during the main feature with a guy out in the mud with the lady then...

- It was either done with Ann and Kaol with Ann sunk chest-deep in the mud while we mostly see Kaol's legs and feet as he gently moves up and down (and says, "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy") to instill motion into the mud as Ann tells him to stop since he's making things worse, AND/OR...

- It was done with Kaol going out and shoving down upon Kristine's shoulders to sink her deeper.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:33 am

One project I need to get going on is DVD-ing all my Kaol-tapes. I have equipment that'll do it. I just need to find time.

But Bouncy-Bouncy is FUN! I've tried it! Woohoo, whee, bouncy-bouncy, it rocks, rolls and ripples!

Nessie

MuddyEddie

Postby MuddyEddie » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:02 am

Nessie wrote:But Bouncy-Bouncy is FUN! I've tried it! Woohoo, whee, bouncy-bouncy, it rocks, rolls and ripples!

Yep! That is by far my favourite sort of mud to play around with! However, it's also the hardest to find. I've only managed to find that sort of surface maybe five or six times over the last 25 years of sinking!

Eddie

Return to “Requests”