Indian Jones quicksand

It can't hurt to ask for stuff - nicely, that is...
Scarol

Indian Jones quicksand

Postby Scarol » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:28 pm

Hi all, in the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull movie there is a quicksand scene.
If someone have the scene can he put the scene here?
Work to live....or live to work...

Robert
Producer

Re: Indian Jones quicksand

Postby Robert » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:02 am

Scarol wrote:Hi all, in the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull movie there is a quicksand scene.
If someone have the scene can he put the scene here?

Just a suggestion...for about $12 you can get the whole movie at Blockbuster. 8-)

Scarol

Postby Scarol » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:21 pm

Blockbuster?? :shock:
No thanks, I'll wait untill I can download it from some internet sites.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:38 pm

Scarol wrote:Blockbuster?? :shock:

You could download a rental from iTunes for four or five dollars and copy just that scene.

Most of the time requests are for things that are difficult to find in the public domain. This one is everywhere and easily obtainable. I could be wrong but transferring the cost and effort from your pocket to someone else probably isn't going to get a lot of results. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:33 pm

Yeah, it's one thing when someone requests a scene from an old TV show or a movie from 30 years ago, there aren't going to be any movie companies setting a pack of lawyers onto us about that. But another when it's a recent movie that was recently released on DVD.

Then again, if someone happened to own the film on DVD anyway, it wouldn't cost them anything, and if it were only a short 2 or 3 minute segment they might get away with that.

It might be considered "fair use" since it is not for profit, not a significant proportion of the original work, and unlikely the have any affect on the market value of the original work, not many people would buy the DVD just for the quicksand scene, perhaps one or two people in the whole world. Film reviews, parodies, academic works etc are allowed to use a small prortion of a copyrighted work, without asking for the copyright holder's permission.

Then again, the 2 or 3 minute clip quicksand scene isn't for a review or criticism or for education purposes, just for our personal entertainment, so the "fair use" argument is a bit tenuous. ;) Perhaps if someone dubbed over the top of it and reviews it's quality as a quicksand scene..!

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:44 pm

I understand the sentiment expressed here. Why pay for it when you might get it free? On the other hand, one should understand the effect this is likely to have on future requests. Their credibility is undermined a good deal. Any, or all, of the producers here might take a request as an indication of interest in a new scene largely derived from the one requested, albeit with different performers. But at the same time, the expressed intention to see only a free download, also says that the person requesting will take a clip, or perhaps a pirated copy, but won't buy one. The incentive to produce is removed. Its pretty easy to answer the question, "Why sell it when you can give it away free?"

Scarol wrote:Blockbuster?? :shock:
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:01 pm

I do believe that it is appropriate to speak up when we think somebody's getting too demanding about wanting it for free.

But the keystrokes are likely to be wasted in this case. English isn't Scarol's first language.

To Scarol:

Right now, nobody on this forum seems to have a copy of this scene as a free download. But the movie is not hard to find on DVD. Shop. Then, buy or rent. It may not be free but it is not expensive.

Nessie

candybar1

Postby candybar1 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:46 pm

hello all! there was from what i can remember, a decent scene on a an old tv show calle peter benchleys amazon. does anyone have this??
also ive never seen the clip from captive girl. ive seen pics and it looks amazing. if anyone can help me out i would greatly appreciate it.
thanks alot.

Scarol

Postby Scarol » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:55 pm

Ok. I understand what u say Nessie,
That I can better buy the movie in a store, sounds good!
And yes, I live in the Netherlands, so sorry for my english. :D

stevensenechal

Postby stevensenechal » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:32 am

candybar1 wrote:hello all! there was from what i can remember, a decent scene on a an old tv show calle peter benchleys amazon. does anyone have this??
also ive never seen the clip from captive girl. ive seen pics and it looks amazing. if anyone can help me out i would greatly appreciate it.
thanks alot.

See the topic a few bars down in Requests. It is coincidently entitled "Peter Benchley's Amazon Scene".... :roll:
Arrakis trains the faithful.

Return to “Requests”