Peter Benchleys Amazon scene?

It can't hurt to ask for stuff - nicely, that is...
candybar1

Peter Benchleys Amazon scene?

Postby candybar1 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:17 pm

i remember watching this scene along time ago and from what i can remember it was decent. i was flipping through the channels and i randomly saw a guy stumble into quicksand. if anyone has it i would really appreciate it if you could post it. please and thank you!
ps its probably a long shot but there used to be a scene out there that was pretty dope and i think it was kilma queen of the amazons. if anyone has that i will go crazy :twisted:
thanks again

stevensenechal

Re: Peter Benchleys Amazon scene?

Postby stevensenechal » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:06 am

Yes, I remember something of the same. I think it featured a rather long-in-the-tooth Margo Kidder as the queen of the cannibals or something like that. But yes, I remember the hot female lead in the skirt slips in the quicksand while trying to rescue the 'younger' guy and is saved by the 'doc'....
Arrakis trains the faithful.

CurlyJ

Postby CurlyJ » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:08 am

The "Hot female lead" would be Carol Alt. I absolutely loved this show when it was on. I can't believe it got canned at the end of the 1st season...and on a cliffhanger, of course. It really was a great show with an excellent premise. When 'LOST' was getting ready to air for it's first season, I remember thinking it was going to rip off the premise of 'Amazon'. Of course, I couldn't have been more wrong...and while I do like LOST, I found PB's Amazon to be a much more realistic show. Before filming even began, Peter Benchley actually made everyone working on the show spend a complete day and night in the Amazon jungle to get a real sense of how frightening it can be. The show even had an official website when it aired that shared info of all the dangers one would encounter (tree frogs with skin the burns like acid, etc.). Just imagine a commercial jet crash landing in the thick of a jungle the size of the Continental United States and having the survivors try to...well, survive. BTW, since I did record the whole show on videotape when it first aired, I do have the scene your speaking of. But It's not likely that I'll be uploading it as I've never done anything like it before and wouldn't know how. I will however, let you know that there has been someone for a while now selling the series on dvd on ebay. I've resisted buying it in hopes that one day it might see an official release. I mean what the heck, they released Bruce Greenwood's Nowhere Man, so never say never. ;)

katy_roberts

Postby katy_roberts » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:40 am

if anyone finds this scene please put it on youtube

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:47 am

If my memory serves me correctly, wasn't the "quicksand" just leaves on water? :?
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Weapon X

Postby Weapon X » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:53 pm

Boggy Man wrote:If my memory serves me correctly, wasn't the "quicksand" just leaves on water? :?

Not that I remember...it looked gray, but a little watery...and it left a nice gray coating on the victims once they were rescued!

It reminds me...the guy that stumbled in there did submerge! The doc reached under the surface to try to reach him, but pulled another previous victim out, who was obviously dead. After a minute, he was able to pull the other guy out:

Guy: What took you so long? I thought I was a goner!
Doc: We got sidetracked by another body that we pulled out from there.
Guy: What? You pulled that dead body out before you got me out?
Doc: Well, its only fair...he was in there longer than you!

I think you might be thinking of an older movie with an amazon in it, where 2 guys are fighting, and wander into the "quickleaves" while fighting. The amazon woman tries to rescue them, and starts sinking as well, but fails to rescue the guys due to their greed. Although it was leaves on water, the slow rate of descent did make it more convincing, and i did like seeing the woman sink before she was rescued.

Atmosphere13

Postby Atmosphere13 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:49 pm

Here you go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvLuVvzqGyk

Sadly it is badly dubbed version!

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:51 am

LOL at the hillariously poor dub! And damn, it appears there is indeed confusion between scenes cause she never ends up in the quicksand. Drat.

The idea of pulling out an old dead body instead of the victim that just sunk is a cool one though.

rhinodynamo

Postby rhinodynamo » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:37 am

Cool. Never saw that one. Thanks for posting.

Return to “Requests”