I bet this one will prove difficult...

It can't hurt to ask for stuff - nicely, that is...
qs1966

I bet this one will prove difficult...

Postby qs1966 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:22 am

I'm curious as to if anyone out there remembers the scenes/TV show I'm describing below:

It was a live action kid's show that aired Saturdays in the early 1980's. Sadly, I forget the name, but it had something to do with a response unit that used all kinds of animals to help rescue people.

One episode was devoted entirley to quicksand! One scene had a guy ride into a quicksand pit on a motorcycle and they used some sort of animal to get a rope to him over a tree branch.

Another scene involved two kids having a picnic. They walked safely to their picnic spot, but couldn't walk out because they were surrounded by quicksand! The rescuers used a Saint Bernard to find a safe path because the "dog's paws would displace his weight and he wouldn't sink" (silly).

Anyway, if someone remembers this one, I'll fall out of my chair! :)

Any clues???

Boggy Man

Re: I bet this one will prove difficult...

Postby Boggy Man » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:03 am

qs1966 wrote:I'm curious as to if anyone out there remembers the scenes/TV show I'm describing below:

It was a live action kid's show that aired Saturdays in the early 1980's. Sadly, I forget the name, but it had something to do with a response unit that used all kinds of animals to help rescue people.

One episode was devoted entirley to quicksand! One scene had a guy ride into a quicksand pit on a motorcycle and they used some sort of animal to get a rope to him over a tree branch.

Another scene involved two kids having a picnic. They walked safely to their picnic spot, but couldn't walk out because they were surrounded by quicksand! The rescuers used a Saint Bernard to find a safe path because the "dog's paws would displace his weight and he wouldn't sink" (silly).

Anyway, if someone remembers this one, I'll fall out of my chair! :)

Any clues???

Yup, I remember this one. It is from the series "Search And Rescue". I remember reporting that scene and another a while back, and Crypto added them to his Scenes List:

Search and Rescue: The Alpha Team "?"
1977 TV - Michael J. Reynolds, Donann Cavin, Michael Tough
Out on the Alpha Ranch in Canada, rescuers use trained animals to aid them in performing their tasks. There was another episode involving two quicksand scenes. In one scene, a couple of people were going to have a picnic in the woods, set the picnic basket down on the ground, and watched the ground swallow it up. Once they realized there was quicksand all around them, they were afraid to move, not knowing the safest way out of the area. A dog (a Saint Bernard?) was used in the rescue to help lead them out. In another scene, a motorbiker was traveling down a road, didn't see the dead end in time, and wound up driving off the end of the road, landing in quicksand. He tried to turn his bike when he first landed and broke his handlebars off. He stayed on the bike, not sinking deeper than the upper portion of the bike, and was eventually pulled out.

There was also another episode concerning quicksand:

Search and Rescue: The Alpha Team "?"
1977 TV - Michael J. Reynolds, Donann Cavin, Michael Tough
Out on the Alpha Ranch in Canada, rescuers use trained animals to aid them in performing their tasks. There was an episode where a person on horseback rides past a sign warning of the "Black Swamp", and the horse stumbles down a steep incline, loses its rider, and becomes stuck in the black mud at the bottom of a watery pit. A female rescuer, wearing a life jacket, was lowered down on a rope to rescue the horse. After the rescue, when she was still in the pit, apparently forgotten in the moment, she yelled, "What about me?"
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

qs1966

Postby qs1966 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:30 pm

Awesome Boggy! Now I have to fall off my chair! :)

General Woundwort

Postby General Woundwort » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:21 pm

Please keep in mind the adult-only nature of this board when discussing and requesting scenes, in specific any scene involving juveniles. Such consideration is both essential and appreciated.

Return to “Requests”