Not sure if this is doable....

It can't hurt to ask for stuff - nicely, that is...
quicksander_2000

Not sure if this is doable....

Postby quicksander_2000 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:15 pm

I never post requests, but I wonder if anyone might happen to have the Gentle Ben scene? I remember thinking it was a very realistic portrayal of a situation, but i've only seen it just the once. Any help is always appreciated!

Quicksander
Seeking to sink, seeking to survive, seeking mostly to sink

stevensenechal

Re: Not sure if this is doable....

Postby stevensenechal » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:55 pm

Yeah! But I can 'bearly' remember it.....
Arrakis trains the faithful.

captain scarlet

Postby captain scarlet » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:50 pm

I seem to remember a scene from "Flipper" in which Porter Ricks had to rescue another Ranger who had fallen into rather watery quicksand trying to rescue a bear cub that had fallen in earlier; are you sure that's not the scene you remember?
"Paul! PAUL! Are you all right?"
"I will be, Adam,...I ...will ...be......"

"Oxygen? But that isn't dangerous".
"It is...when there isn't any!"

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:21 am

captain scarlet wrote:I seem to remember a scene from "Flipper" in which Porter Ricks had to rescue another Ranger who had fallen into rather watery quicksand trying to rescue a bear cub that had fallen in earlier; are you sure that's not the scene you remember?

Actually, that was the "Gentle Ben" scene, which is listed in Crypto's scenes list:

Gentle Ben "Code Name: Disaster" @
1967 TV - Clint Howard, Dennis Weaver, Beth Brickell
A children's show about the adventures of an orphaned black bear, Ben, and the people who are now his family. Flood waters threaten life in the Everglades and cause an old man to be trapped by quicksand. The ranger gathers the area men to assist in the rescue of trapped animals, but when an old guy from the area tries to help, he is excluded from the work and feels rather down. Later, when he comes across a bear cub caught in a pool of quicksand, he walks out on a limb and pushes the bear to safety with a stick then falls in himself. He goes all the way under (from his falling) and pops up shoulder deep where he remains for much of the episode. He sends his scruffy little dog named Spunky to fetch help, and the dog (of course) enlists the aid of Mark and Ben (the bear) who lend him a stick. (The quicksand has a nice gunky layer of somewhat thick stuff on top, but it's watery underneath.)
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Return to “Requests”