Pete Boggs cheerleaders' comic

It can't hurt to ask for stuff - nicely, that is...
PM2K
Always Remembered

Pete Boggs cheerleaders' comic

Postby PM2K » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:39 pm

Hello!

I don't usually make requests, but this one has been haunting me of late, so I thought I'd toss it out there.

I have a couple of panels, posted by others ages ago, from a Pete Boggs comic dealing with the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders who end up sinking in quicksand. Does anyone have info on this, or better yet, a way for me to snag a copy?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :D

Duncan Edwards

Re: Pete Boggs cheerleaders' comic

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:04 pm

I've got this one buried somewhere. It was one of my favorites and was the inspiration for my oft discussed dream of sinking a busload of cheerleaders. It's not likely that I'm going to be able to get to it any time soon so if someone can dig it up I'd love to see it again myself. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

PapaLysle

Postby PapaLysle » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:18 am

Hummm A thought here.
Asa the last shoot of the season just before the clean out of the clay pit, could green dyed sawdust (and some white chalk) be applied to the surface to make it look like the sidelines, or a practice area, or even a football field, or even her Florida back yard. {Beware of gators and mud toads) She then could be doing a jump, tumble or something and land in the pit with a bog ka-splash. Of course of the impact she would quickly be upth her hips in mud.

Then the inevitable sink.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:45 pm

An update of sorts...

Was this Boggs comic with the sinking cheerleaders entitled "The Butterfly Hunter" or "Beauties in the Bog?" I noticed both titles listed at the Quicksand Page site...

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:20 am

"The Butterfly Hunter" is not the cheerleaders comic you seek. If I recall correctly, "The Butterfly Hunter" was Pete's comic where a cute brunette wearing a pith helmet and glasses gets stuck in quicksand while, of course, hunting butterflies with an insect net. Somewhere along the line a biker chick comes along on her motorcycle and gets bogged down in the same mire.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:11 am

Ok, this got my curiosity going, and motivated me to check my new whizbang NAS box (where I have been dumping anything and everything for the last couple months).

It was The Butterfly Hunter (sorry water bug).

And please excuse the watermarks. These scans originally appeared on a long-ago MPV photo CD. I don't have time to re-scan it, and I don't want to mess with the image quality by cropping and re-saving them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:14 am

and the rest

I would hazard to say that these stand the test of time very well. 8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:18 am

That was a classic indeed! :D

Thanks for digging this one up, Dave! :D You made my month!

rockinbob

Postby rockinbob » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:26 am

Speaking of Older comics posted a while back. not sure the title but it was black and white and was western in nature. a guy sinking his wife cause she cheated on him. i used to have it but a hard drive format has eliminated all quicksand content i had, :cry: if anyone has it and is willing to post it that would be awesome. Thx

General Woundwort

Postby General Woundwort » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:02 pm

Extraordinary as is all of his work; somehow I had missed most of this one. I adore the girl sitting on the sinking bus, contemplating her fate *calmly* as she goes deeper, soon to sink from sight; and then she too is gone. Spectacular imagery, that and all of it.

Thanks much Dave!

Return to “Requests”