My current adventures and will keep growing

Pictures that you took and want to share.
Boggy Man

Re: My current adventures and will keep growing

Postby Boggy Man » Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:35 am

Mworm650 wrote:Favorite spot and slowly working it deeper. Hopefully will get it shoulder deep before the season is over.

I notice that there is water on top. If you were to mix the water into the mud, and then mix the thicker mud deeper down into that looser mud, and so forth, it will make it easier to work it deeper by lifting the thicker bottom mud up with your feet high enough up to reach with your hands and then mushing it up with your hands into the looser stuff on top. 8-)
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

mudfun

Postby mudfun » Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:07 pm

You are lucky to have a place like that. I am on long island and have never found a spot that was ,ore than knee deep. I use to dig a small pit to enjoy my sinking but at my age (70) I would not attempt to dig one.
Looking for a real place to sink, Long Island, NY

Mworm650

Postby Mworm650 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:40 am

Boggy Man wrote:
Mworm650 wrote:Favorite spot and slowly working it deeper. Hopefully will get it shoulder deep before the season is over.

I notice that there is water on top. If you were to mix the water into the mud, and then mix the thicker mud deeper down into that looser mud, and so forth, it will make it easier to work it deeper by lifting the thicker bottom mud up with your feet high enough up to reach with your hands and then mushing it up with your hands into the looser stuff on top. 8-)

Yeah was thinking about that. The little bit of water helps for sure and like the second response under yours, I'm thinking of picking up a folding shovel and work it this Saturday by digging out and wider, add some back in and mix it up and repeat till it's pretty much head tilted back deep.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:34 am

Something else I discovered that helps with mixing things in. When you are breaking up thicker lumps into the softer stuff, try rubbing each lump between your hands under the looser stuff. It will dissolve into the looser stuff more easily! 8-)
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Mworm650

Postby Mworm650 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:30 pm

Just pickedup my folding shovel. Not sureif I'll video tomorrow but might. Returning Sunday for a good time.
Boggy Man wrote:Something else I discovered that helps with mixing things in. When you are breaking up thicker lumps into the softer stuff, try rubbing each lump between your hands under the looser stuff. It will dissolve into the looser stuff more easily! 8-)

Neepnoop

Postby Neepnoop » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:15 pm

Mworm650 wrote:Decided to check out the pin from Berlin lake here in Ohio

Is Berlin lake worth it? I’ve been in one spot there but it was loose shin deep mud. I’m looking for something more thick, sticky, and grabby

Mworm650

Postby Mworm650 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:49 am

Neepnoop wrote:
Mworm650 wrote:Decided to check out the pin from Berlin lake here in Ohio

Is Berlin lake worth it? I’ve been in one spot there but it was loose shin deep mud. I’m looking for something more thick, sticky, and grabby

From what I found it wasn't worth it but honestly was enjoyable exploring regardless.

Return to “Photos”