The Mystery Pit

Pictures that you took and want to share.
Nessie
Producer

The Mystery Pit

Postby Nessie » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:22 am

From a series taken by Duncan Edwards at Fred's new quicksand pit last year. I played around with the color and subtle details a bit in PhotoShop because...

I CAN.

Nessie

Duncan Edwards

Re: The Mystery Pit

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:49 am

Don't just sit there and sink. Show us a few more of them. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:29 am

Duncan Edwards wrote:Don't just sit there and sink. Show us a few more of them. 8-)

Sure.

http://nessieqsgirl.freehomepage.com/My ... dwards.htm

Nessie

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:55 am

Words fail me.

23*4

78%

Nope, numbers not working either.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Electric Katfish

Postby Electric Katfish » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:12 am

Nessie wrote:
Duncan Edwards wrote:Don't just sit there and sink. Show us a few more of them. 8-)

Sure.

http://nessieqsgirl.freehomepage.com/My ... dwards.htm

Nessie

How do you do that? Keep looking better than the only time we met?

Must be the mud. ;) Looking good Nessie! {{{Hugs!}}}
Can this get any weirder?
Oh yes, little voice, it can always get weirder.
— Chris Moore

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:50 am

Electric Katfish wrote:How do you do that? Keep looking better than the only time we met?

Must be the mud. ;) Looking good Nessie! {{{Hugs!}}}

KATIEEEEEEE!

(Hugs)

You found us! Welcome to Quicksand Fans! Sink on in!

Nessie

jack c

Postby jack c » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:47 pm

These shots are really interesting - certainly well done by both the photographer and the photographed-her. Just as interesting is the interspersed text. As with your other writing and your posts, the narrative is articulate and at times pretty humorous.

For still shots, you're right - this pit looks like the ultimate movie quicksand (like a wet version of the Hercules Incredible Journeys scene). But it looks like any slow-sink sequence would be pretty much impossible (as noted in another thread). Thanks for posting.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:42 am

jack c wrote:For still shots, you're right - this pit looks like the ultimate movie quicksand (like a wet version of the Hercules Incredible Journeys scene). But it looks like any slow-sink sequence would be pretty much impossible (as noted in another thread). Thanks for posting.

Many thanks to Duncan for patiently photographing my play session.

I think a slow sink could be done in that pit but might take some technical finagling. I don't want to give away any secrets about that pit, but I will slip that playing in it was a unique experience and I think it photographs like a dream. I like the way it looks so dry on top but then, here and there, water peeks out.

It's definitely THE cliche-stereotype of Hollywood-movie quicksand. When I read a dictionary definition of quicksand, I can't think of a pit that more closely visually fits this too.

Lying on top of it and feeling it gently wave under my body was downright surreal.

Nessie

jack c

Postby jack c » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:35 am

It showed right through that you were enjoying this photo shoot. It will be interesting to see what videos emerge from this mystery pit. The possibilities are endless, but I think a lot depends upon the actors/actresses involved and how they handle it. Technically, the only way to slow shoot would seem to be a series of steps underneath of varying depths, so that actors/actresses could descend in stages. I look forward to any videos or photo shoots, with you or others, that are forthcoming. Thanks again for all you do. You are a class act, for sure.
-JC

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:35 am

jack c wrote:I look forward to any videos or photo shoots, with you or others, that are forthcoming. Thanks again for all you do. You are a class act, for sure.
-JC

Duncan only took stills of me, since I wasn't a performer on this shoot. I actually played hardest in the clay pit but I already had so much footage of me in that one, I didn't figure anybody needed to see me there again. This pit had been built after my last shoot, and I hadn't seen it at all, and I didn't know what it felt like, so I really wanted the pictures taken here so it'd be something new.

This pit takes grand stills. I hope it gets some good video scenes too, though, since it's capable of some interesting ripples and waves.

Although I didn't do too good trying to wave it with my butt.

Nessie

Return to “Photos”