Photos from 2015 season

Pictures that you took and want to share.
Metablip

Re: Photos from 2015 season

Postby Metablip » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:09 pm

Visited this area the other day. Can confirm, this place is absolutely fantastic. I thought Sinkman was being dramatic in the description, but the mud is thick & bottomless, and you can find some decent privacy when you sink.

NodeSinking

Postby NodeSinking » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:46 am

I think we would all love to see some videos of this place. Also what do you wear when you go or camera or off? Personally I feel that if you don’t have to wash as many cloths as possibly why bother regardless of what people see. :)

Sinkman61

Postby Sinkman61 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:17 am

Metablip wrote:Visited this area the other day. Can confirm, this place is absolutely fantastic. I thought Sinkman was being dramatic in the description, but the mud is thick & bottomless, and you can find some decent privacy when you sink.

We need to get together for some Sinking fun. How about it???

Sinkman61

Postby Sinkman61 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:41 am

There’s a video of me sinking at this same location, just further out in the mud flats. It’s a total submergence video. I never could reach the bottom. I went sinking there again just a week ago as it’s one of my favorite spots. It has both fantastic mud and complete privacy. Almost too much privacy. So I’m hoping there’s some fellow sinkers that want to join me on a fantastic mudding adventure. I actually found this area way back in the early 90’s. It still remains as my all time favorite spot. And I’ve been sinking in deep mud (and early on, not so deep) now for 50 years.

Anyhow, to find the video, go to YouTube and do a search for “sinking in really deep mud” by MudMan Fan. Some of you have probably all ready seen it. Yup, that’s me. Sadly, the video didn’t actually come out very well. The YouTube video is of my second sink of the day. The first sink is the pictures above. That part of the video was so choppy it was unwatchable, so I had to save some screen shots.

I’d absolutely LOVE to make another video, but would want a camera man this time. If you can operate the camera, I’ll do a full submergence sinking.

Rickington

Postby Rickington » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:18 am

Nice spot, sinkman!

If I'm ever in the Jacksonville area for work (flying visit to NAS Jacksonville), I'll definitely hit you up!

I've been exploring tidal areas in the Delaware Bay (between Delaware and New Jersey) this season. I think I may have stumbled upon a really deep tidal pit that's not too far from a disused trail (~100ft). I've gone under in tidal spots in New England and I've been itching to find a spot that's "local" (e.g. not New England) to go under in! I'd love to be your camera man to record you go under.

Heck, if I can arrange it, I might be able to come down just for a sink next season or the end of this season.

mud boy tyc

Postby mud boy tyc » Mon May 03, 2021 4:38 pm

I like it :D

Sinkman61

Postby Sinkman61 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:24 am

Adding more pictures…
IMG_1200.jpeg
IMG_1199.jpeg
IMG_1201.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Photos”