Far and Wide wandering

Pictures that you took and want to share.
farwing

Far and Wide wandering

Postby farwing » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:59 am

I want to share some pics of the places I explored this summer, especially since I hit some spots on the shared map that were up for investigation.
I spent countless hours and gallons of gas adventuring, but in the end it paid off!

The river delta by Bruneau in Idaho had a small backwater river bend, with surprisingly soft mudbanks on the shore. There were lots of bullfrogs hiding around the shore too, but they were too skittish to get a picture of.
mudbank.jpg

I found one spot, where the bank reached 2 feet higher and the mud sank another 2 feet down. It was very peaty though and had thorny branches hidden in it, so no good to actually play in.
mudhole.jpg

I found a nice spot in a lake that was running low in the late summer, where the river that fed into it was cutting into the lake bed. It made for very nice mud bars and spots of quicksand. The mud was wonderfully soft and silty, but there was a lot of sandy parts in there too that I tried to avoid.
mudbar.jpg

I found someone had walked along there already, too. It was apparently popular with fishermen, though I didn't expect many fish would be around that stretch of the river.
footprints.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gamwam

Re: Far and Wide wandering

Postby gamwam » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:31 pm

cool pics,.. any of you actually sinking in it?

farwing

Postby farwing » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:22 am

No, I'm shy and too uncomfortable sharing pictures of myself here, so I only wanted to share pictures of the places I've found. It's mostly going to be a contribution of places around that big empty spot around Utah, on the google map.

Ace

Postby Ace » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:24 am

I always love seeing other people's quicksand-finding triumphs. That mud looks lovely, congrats on the finds.

Return to “Photos”