Pictures of my 3rd decent sinking location

Pictures that you took and want to share.
mud_dreamer

Pictures of my 3rd decent sinking location

Postby mud_dreamer » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:43 am

Hey ya'all. Ok so here are pictures of my current location which surpasses the previous 2 main locations which are still ok but each has things about them that are less than perfect. Kind of goes with the territory right?

This location has good quality mud, probably a little better than my 2 other locations. It's dark grey silty clay. It is on a river bank. There is at least 50 feet of exposed clay along the banks. There are other smaller areas along this stream but this section seems to make the most sense to start with. The best thing about this location is that the privacy factor improved immensely. I can go there day or night. No trespassing issues. Nudity would not be an issue either.

The stream is right there for cleanup and for using my Stream Machine.

Ok so there must be a limit on how many photos I can attach in a post. No problem, I will add the rest later. Thank you moderators.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mud_dreamer

Re: Pictures of my 3rd decent sinking location

Postby mud_dreamer » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:40 am

Here are a few more pictures.
I am hoping to visit this location again soon. I want to see how deep I can develop this location using the Stream Machine to loosen the mud. It took me 2 hours to develop a small area that I could sink to almost waist deep. I only injected water one time.

I use the Stream Machine to inject water by my feet to relieve the suction. This mud is so thick that it takes me about 20 minutes to get free if I am crotch deep. Inject one shot of water using the Stream Machine and I can step out easily. I really believe that without injecting water, going arm pit deep here would be nearly impossible to self-extract. That's not my thing.
I do not bring a cell phone with me. The water here can flash flood and rise 3 feet overnight.

So, I will be using the Stream Machine to reduce the thick mud into thinner mud so that it is less work to get deep in and to get out of.

This stuff is so thick that at least one or two inches thick of mud sticks to my legs and feet when I step out.

Next time I will make sure to take a few pictures of the surroundings and the clingy mud.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mud_dreamer on Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

drnooom

Postby drnooom » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:52 am

Thanks for sharing!

mud_dreamer

Postby mud_dreamer » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:01 pm

drnooom wrote:Thanks for sharing!

You are very welcome drnooom. I am glad you like them.

I was at this location today for the second time now. The water level was up a little but there was just enough exposed bank to continue work on loosening up the mud. I am bushed. My body is aching. I torqued my knee a little too.

This mud is thick! I have added at least 8 loads of water with the Stream Machine. If not for the Stream Machine I doubt that I could have gotten in and out as deep as I have, which is now belly-button deep. I am not sure how effective I will be at loosening up this mud. Right now there is just a small diameter hole that I am working in. The sides are still very stiff and this helps me to get out since I can lean back and sit on the "ledge". I can also push down with my hands to help lift me out.

I continue to test the effectiveness of the Stream Machine. If I want to get out fast I inject 2 loads, one down by my feet and the other near my thighs. I can then get out in less than 5 minutes. The Stream Machine is holding up very well. It must be that there is very little sand that would wear out the seal.

No pictures this time though I did have the camera along. This stream must be spring fed because the water temperature is dam cold. Clean up is a very chilling experience. All in all it is my best location at this point in time.

Return to “Photos”