On location: The swamps of sadness...

Pictures that you took and want to share.
gamwam

Re: On location: The swamps of sadness...

Postby gamwam » Sun May 08, 2022 11:15 pm

that looks like a great spot,.. wish there was video of the submersion - nice job :)

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Sun May 21, 2023 10:47 am

Sinking season 22/23 has come to an end and mosquitos have taken over total control of the bog.
Just wanted to show you some pics of the latest sink at some very special spot. Only on video i did notice that this could have been also the last and final sink if things have come a little different :oops:
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Sun May 21, 2023 11:41 pm

male,. total submersion,. bog,. breathing tube,. pleeeeeease tell me you would consider sharing that video :twisted:

k2g2j2k2

Postby k2g2j2k2 » Tue May 23, 2023 1:17 am

wow pretty cool. How difficult is it to move in it? I find that thicker drier peat locks into place difficult to move even knee deep. Hopefully find something that's thicker for a slower sink but can still move in.

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Tue May 23, 2023 2:38 pm

Thanks for the replies.
This peat is not THAT dry so that it will lock you in (i know this from some other location) but more of the creamy and clingy type.
I noticed that this area as a whole gets more dangerous (also more fun), the more it dries up. Wet periods turn it into a soupy swamp but real sinking is much more difficult. When the water recedes, i kind of "fall" into deep pockets of mud and there is a feeling that bouyancy is greatly reduced.

Attached additional pics may give an impression.
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

maria

Postby maria » Fri May 26, 2023 1:20 am

What a divine sinking place Bogbud. How on earth do you escape the cutches of this mire?

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:32 am

oh all the pics have vanished :(

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:07 pm

gamwam wrote:oh all the pics have vanished :(

But you know them!

Don't worry, there will be more adventures. In fact i've just come back from another tour. The bog has received lots of rain this fall so far, so it was more of a swamp-exploration than sinking in thick stuff. I'm also not into underwater-mud, so i have to wait for drier weather.
I'm feeling home.

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:38 am

bogbud wrote:
gamwam wrote:oh all the pics have vanished :(

But you know them!

yeah i do know them,. but i dont have a photographic memory so would have been nice to enjoy them again

Don't worry, there will be more adventures. In fact i've just come back from another tour. The bog has received lots of rain this fall so far, so it was more of a swamp-exploration than sinking in thick stuff. I'm also not into underwater-mud, so i have to wait for drier weather.

Return to “Photos”