On location: The swamps of sadness...

Pictures that you took and want to share.
bogbud

On location: The swamps of sadness...

Postby bogbud » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:40 pm

...pretty much more or less!
Got myself a waterproof camera and tried out some test-shots while exploring.
That bog is quite flooded right now because of lots of rain we had in the last couple weeks. The mud will get much thicker and treacherous when it becomes drier. In the last pic i was floating shoulderdeep in too liquid mud. No signs of a bottom of course. Will have to keep an eye on this location :lol:
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Aiko

Re: On location: The swamps of sadness...

Postby Aiko » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:08 pm

That location looks very promising indeed. Despite the mud on the lens. Or maybe because of it. ;)
Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:23 am

awsome,. my kind of sinking place :)

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:02 am

Thanks, this seems to be very promising indeed. When navigating through that forest it was all quaking and bouncing. Poking the ground resulted in deep sticky mud everywhere.
I may try to show some actual Sinking the next time
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

MichaelL_Photo

Postby MichaelL_Photo » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:48 pm

Ominous! Scary! Lonely looking place!

Perfect for sinking. I really like the 3rd photo from the top - the one with the green tree limbs - I can imagine a damsel stumbling in there, trying to use the branches for a rescue, but her hands slipping due to the moss...

Enjoy your location!

Michael
Soft Dangers Visual Productions
michaelleachphoto@gmail.com

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:53 am

MichaelL_Photo wrote:Ominous! Scary! Lonely looking place!

Perfect for sinking. I really like the 3rd photo from the top - the one with the green tree limbs - I can imagine a damsel stumbling in there, trying to use the branches for a rescue, but her hands slipping due to the moss...

Enjoy your location!

Michael

Thanks Michael,
when I'm Sinking there I do imagine the same thing ;)
Do you remember your trip to the UK and the videos you did shoot there? The mud is exactly the same stuff Leila did get stuck for real and had to be rescued by you. (Except at this place it has no bottom).
I'm longing to get there again as soon as possible, but i have to wait this current shutdown out.
I'm feeling home.

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:59 pm

bogbud wrote:
MichaelL_Photo wrote:Ominous! Scary! Lonely looking place!

Enjoy your location!

Michael

Thanks Michael,
when I'm Sinking there I do imagine the same thing ;)
Do you remember your trip to the UK and the videos you did shoot there? The mud is exactly the same stuff Leila did get stuck for real and had to be rescued by you. (Except at this place it has no bottom).
I'm longing to get there again as soon as possible, but i have to wait this current shutdown out.

diddnt realise you were a fellow islander! if you care to share an adventure sometime this year feel free to hit me up with a message :)

maria

Postby maria » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:09 am

What a dream location - "lure of the swamp" if I ever saw one!

Love the Marigold Emperor too. Love to see a few sinking shots or even a short video (in full rainwear attire no doubt);)

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:06 pm

maria wrote:What a dream location - "lure of the swamp" if I ever saw one!

Love the Marigold Emperor too. Love to see a few sinking shots or even a short video (in full rainwear attire no doubt);)

I want to go there as soon as the lockdown ends. It's quite a distance and i don't want to raise suspicions i might be a tourist or something.
Some more pics are planned!
I'm feeling home.

maria

Postby maria » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:28 am

bogbud wrote:
maria wrote:What a dream location - "lure of the swamp" if I ever saw one!

I want to go there as soon as the lockdown ends. It's quite a distance and i don't want to raise suspicions i might be a tourist or something.
Some more pics are planned!

This lockdown might last for months! Will the mud in that area turn so thick by then that you'll have a serious time trying to escape?! Should be thrilling- literally!

Return to “Photos”