Is sinking in quicksand wearing waders a good idea?

Pictures that you took and want to share.
maria

Is sinking in quicksand wearing waders a good idea?

Postby maria » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:06 am

I was wondering what members thoughts are on getting into quicksand and heavy mud when wearing waders? It can make the stuck and danger element a lot more realistic!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

quickman

Re: Is sinking in quicksand wearing waders a good idea?

Postby quickman » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:15 am

My concern is that the heavy,thick boots would make it harder to escape

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:46 pm

problem i alwasy had with wearing waders is they make it harder to sink!,. they usually have such an inflexible sole and are so bulky that its like trying to push your feet down with two dinner plates attached to the bottom,.. never really worked for me as i prefer to go all the way under and waders just make it to much like hard work

lonesinker

Postby lonesinker » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:30 am

I did it a few times with an older pair I got from a thrift store. I thought by using waders I wouldn,t get as dirty but they developed a leak,I guess you get what you pay for :roll: Im fairly strong but found maneuvering them was very difficult,you really have to develop a technic of slow movements to gain ground or even walk around depending how thick the mud is. Another problem is I am not a spring chicken,this isn,t easy to do anymore :( but to answer the question yes its a great idea as long as you have a plan in getting out without any problems.

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:51 pm

gamwam wrote:problem i alwasy had with wearing waders is they make it harder to sink!,. they usually have such an inflexible sole and are so bulky that its like trying to push your feet down with two dinner plates attached to the bottom,.. never really worked for me as i prefer to go all the way under and waders just make it to much like hard work

True. My regular fishing-waders are really tall, bulky and hinder movement. Nowadays i prefer tight-fitting boots much more. You have seen my Acquoboots already and the version with the heels sinks more easy than the flat-soled version. Love them :)
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:53 pm

I don't think it's a bad idea but not my cup of tea. I like getting as nekkid as possible. :D
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:15 pm

Mynock wrote:I don't think it's a bad idea but not my cup of tea. I like getting as nekkid as possible. :D

musty admit that i prefer as naked as possible to feel the all over massage that the mud gives you,. althouhg - this being the uk,. more often than not its a wetsuit job

Boggyhoo

Postby Boggyhoo » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:36 pm

gamwam wrote:
Mynock wrote:I don't think it's a bad idea but not my cup of tea. I like getting as nekkid as possible. :D

musty admit that i prefer as naked as possible to feel the all over massage that the mud gives you,. althouhg - this being the uk,. more often than not its a wetsuit job

Any photos or video?

BH

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:08 pm

Boggyhoo wrote:
gamwam wrote:

Any photos or video?

BH

to be honest the ones i have made arent worth sharing as i spend most of my time under the surface lol

Deepinswamp

Postby Deepinswamp » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:19 am

gamwam wrote:
Boggyhoo wrote:
gamwam wrote:

Any photos or video?

BH

to be honest the ones i have made arent worth sharing as i spend most of my time under the surface lol

Those are the videos/pics some of us want to see! Nothing better than watching a breathing tube wriggle about as you sink under deeper...the bog quaking as you unload ;)

Return to “Photos”