The bog behind my house

Pictures that you took and want to share.
DieselForce

The bog behind my house

Postby DieselForce » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:32 am

Only my second post but I thought I would submit some pictures of the bog that I've found behind my house and have done some sinking into.

A few years ago I was lucky enough to have bought a house that didn't have any neighbors behind me. Behind my house is a muddy tidal creek and it sinks up to my knees right as you step off of the property line. As you go back even further it gets waist deep. With a little churning, it gets even deeper. I finally decided to see if I could find a good area to go and get a good sink. The best place I could find would only get up to waist deep although there are deeper areas that need to be cleared of the vegetation (of which I plan on doing very soon). The pictures of the bog I posted are only waist deep but they are large enough to completely submerse myself into by sitting down. With a little work I can get it a little deeper but I have plans to clear out another area that is even deeper so that I can get an even better submersion. I'll try to get some shots of me sinking in it or maybe even get my girlfriend to let me take some pictures of her sinking. But for now, here's my bog:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DieselForce

Re: The bog behind my house

Postby DieselForce » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:16 pm

Thought I'd keep exploring the area and I found a perfect place to do some sinking not far from where I was playing around earlier. Fortunately, this place is right behind my house in a little clearing. When I tested the depth, I didn't expect it to be very deep but I nearly sank to my waist. It would have been much deeper if I hadn't been holding onto a tree limb. Talk about some deep mud/quicksand! I could barely move around but it was great feeling. I had to put the camera down to go deeper into the bog. Next time I'm going to have to churn it up a little to make it a little smoother and easier to move around in. I can't wait!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bart1997

Postby bart1997 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:35 pm

Last edited by bart1997 on Sat May 09, 2015 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:34 pm

You're living the dream of every quicksander! Congrats! :D

bumberjack

Postby bumberjack » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:20 pm

You truly are a lucky guy. And I do hope you can get your gf into that bog.

Happy secluded sinking!

DieselForce

Postby DieselForce » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:58 pm

bumberjack wrote:You truly are a lucky guy. And I do hope you can get your gf into that bog.

Happy secluded sinking!

Maybe she'll conveniently trip and fall in next time I walk back there with her. :twisted:

DieselForce

Postby DieselForce » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:04 am

I'm lucky to have a mud bog behind my house but here's the downside to it being fed from a tidal creek: High tide!
Combined with yesterday's torrent of thunderstorms, the water is a couple of feet above the mud. Stupid tides!!!

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:16 am

DieselForce wrote:I'm lucky to have a mud bog behind my house but here's the downside to it being fed from a tidal creek: High tide!
Combined with yesterday's torrent of thunderstorms, the water is a couple of feet above the mud. Stupid tides!!!

But, the upside is that the tide will also go back down! :D The advantage of a tide keeping the mud covered part of the time is that vegetation doesn't get a chance to gain a foothold over top of the soft mud, keeping it from being carpeted in an impenetrable green mat! :D
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

DieselForce

Postby DieselForce » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:51 am

You make a good point, Boggy Man. When i went back there tonight, all of the excess water helped turn this bog into a soft and comfortable mud pit after I sloshed around in it for a while. Now I just need to convince the girlfriend to submerse her naked 40DD's in the mud.

buckeye

Postby buckeye » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:22 pm

Awesome to have your own pit close by. Maybe your gf would be willing to have some clothed pics taken for posting for us. I am always on the lookout for a good isolated mud pit close by because if I ever find it I think I could talk some girls I know who are interested in acting to do a quicksand drama. At least you know you can have your own fun.

Return to “Photos”