Recovering with QS Fans

Pictures that you took and want to share.
newtothis2

Recovering with QS Fans

Postby newtothis2 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:14 pm

So It's been a little over a year since I found this forum while recovering from a mild heart attack. In the process of recooperating one of my activites has been biking(the non-motorized type). Here in CO there is an endless system of bike trails I have taken full advantage of during this process. So while I'm out losing weight and enjoying nature I've also had the opportunity to do some exploring for sinking spots. This one was the first good one I came across.
Platte.jpg

The consistency varies depending on how much water is in the valley at the time. It's completely secluded from the bike path (on the right side) but the left side is wide open but I've never seen anybody over there. When I venture in it looks like this.
Platte2.jpg

And when I REALLY venture in it looks like this
Platte Knee Deep.jpg

Now there is another area right there I haven't explored yet because I wasn't sure what I was getting into
Platte5.jpg
I know this group is VERY educated on this kinda stuff, so if anybody has any insight/advice for this spot I'd be interested in any feedback.

Thanks,
Bill
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DeepSink

Re: Recovering with QS Fans

Postby DeepSink » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:47 pm

newtothis2 wrote:Now there is another area right there I haven't explored yet because I wasn't sure what I was getting into. I know this group is VERY educated on this kinda stuff, so if anybody has any insight/advice for this spot I'd be interested in any feedback. --Bill

Just from your photo, my response is that your un-tried spot looks very inviting, and I'd be trying out as quickly and deeply as possible! I'd recommend ear plugs, since you don't want whatever might be growing in that slime to get into your ears, and be careful not to swallow any or get it into your sinuses. Good luck, and thanks for sharing! -DeepSink

blazeskier

Postby blazeskier » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:24 pm

Hey, I live in CO, Castle Rock area, let me know where this spot is - thanks!

newtothis2

Postby newtothis2 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:09 am

DeepSink wrote: I'd recommend ear plugs, since you don't want whatever might be growing in that slime to get into your ears, and be careful not to swallow any or get it into your sinuses. Good luck, and thanks for sharing! -DeepSink

Yea I should have clarified, I'm not a total submersion type of person, which is why I'm a little hesitant about venturing into unknown "material". Don't really need to show up at my house with some ungodly rash/burns etc. That's a tough one to explain to somebody who doesn't really know this side of me. I may go back out this summer and hopefully the water won't be quite as prevelant and it will be more just mud/silt.

Thanks for the feedback though.

cygnus421

Postby cygnus421 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:34 am

That second to last pic is a nice capture. I dont have much in the way of advice since I'm yet to find anything too deep myself. But the one thing i have to stress is dont go there in shorts. I made that mistake one time, and wound up having to tell my friends i fell off my bike. >.>
With the heart and mind united

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:39 am

newtothis2 wrote:SoSo while I'm out losing weight and enjoying nature I've also had the opportunity to do some exploring for sinking spots.

Beautiful pictures. They're somewhat similar to some places I use.

And I heartily agree with you on the health benefits of active sinking. Half the battle of a successful long-term exercise program is simply staying interested in it. The payoff of discovering that really fine mudpit is mighty good motivation to keep it up.

Nessie

newtothis2

Postby newtothis2 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:48 pm

Nessie wrote:
newtothis2 wrote:SoSo while I'm out losing weight and enjoying nature I've also had the opportunity to do some exploring for sinking spots.

Beautiful pictures. They're somewhat similar to some places I use.

Thanks Nessie, so can you tell from the pics if the floating stuff is safe to venture into? I'm not too familiar with these floating life forms and don't really want to venture into a spot I'll regret later. I'd have a lot splainin to do if you know what I mean. :oops:

Muddytrail

Postby Muddytrail » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Take me with yoouuu! :D
Mud, mud, glorious mud~

Sydney

Postby Sydney » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:18 am

If you're not interested in revealing the exact location, I'm curious as to which Colorado bike path that was just off of. :)

I do bike a little during the warmer months, and that would be just the reason to get myself back in the saddle again, so to speak. :lol:
Taking anything too seriously is as big a threat as not taking it seriously enough. - Berke Breathed,

newtothis2

Postby newtothis2 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:44 am

Oh my, apologies to all who were interested, I neglected to point out where this was. I'm not up on how to do a bookmark on our google map. I don't mind sharing at all. :lol: As soon as I can figure out how to get the info into the Sinking Places thread I'll update this thread to confirm.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie ... 1&t=h&z=19

Ok so I don't think this is how this is supposed to work but it's the best I can do at this point. When the link opens you'll see I was zoomed in a little close so you'll have to zoom out just a bit. If you're in the Denver area, it's just east of the E 74th Ave and York St Intersection.

B

Return to “Photos”