Pics of a quarry near me

Pictures that you took and want to share.
Beast260

Re: Pics of a quarry near me

Postby Beast260 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:46 pm

mudtogs wrote:It is a nice spot, but a heavy trudge through thick mud to get to the deeper spots.
About another 700 meters further along the beach side there is a channel, which has softer, and deeper -, ;) mud at low tide and standing up in that you will go under, if one wants.

i went and checkout that beach this evening. was a few late night low tide fisherment but i went all the way down and around the corner and hit gold.
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?saddr=-38.338256,145.518068&hl=en&ll=-38.336456,145.52089&spn=0.013818,0.033023&sll=-38.339788,145.519388&sspn=0.006909,0.016512&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=17&z=16

right where the a is i got upto belly botton deep with out using my arms and could of gone deeper and there is just heaps of the bottomless stuff round there. so next time ur around that area. head down there. only issue is there isnt any water to clean up in at low tide.

mudtogs

Postby mudtogs » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:59 am

Yes, I have been to that spot too, but I usually go from Lang Lang Beach along the beach direction Tooradin untill I reach what think is a channel. There, in the channel, at low tide there is silky soft bottomless mud. Only thing is, like the JJerup side, no water. To overcome that I usually create a bit of a hollow in the mud, where you find the very shallow water puddles (about 1 inch deep usually), water collects in the hollow and I use that to scrub off the worst, the rest under the shower ....! ;)

drnooom

Postby drnooom » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:38 am

Beast: It's not on French island , its exactly the place you just went to. Glad you found some nice stuff around there in the end.

Though, I don't know how you brave the weather at the moment. Any good tips ?

Togs: Is the place you are talking about the beach before JJerup (the one beast just went to)?

mudtogs

Postby mudtogs » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:16 pm

drnooom wrote:Togs: Is the place you are talking about the beach before JJerup (the one beast just went to)?

No. Beast would have gone via the Jam Jerup Road to Jam Jerup and then from the end of the road via the beach around the corner in the general direction of Grantville. I go down Jetty road to Lang Lang Beach and walk along the beach in the direction of Tooradin (oppossite direction to Beast) Once the normal beach sand runs out, there are low walls of solid peat/almost browncoal, untill you reach a channel. There are a coupe of spots on the way where you are hidden from view from the caravan park, which is where I usually change and from where I sometimes wander into the mud, if I do not feel like walking all the way to the channel.

I do not know how to put a picture map on here, else I would do that, to show where it is. ;)

mudtogs

Postby mudtogs » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:45 am

That's it, allright! ;)

steve84

Postby steve84 » Wed May 02, 2012 3:00 am

Yay! Somewhere else to go... in 6 months when it warms up again :cry:
"This one's for the ladies".... well I ain't no lady and I wanna see it! :D

Beast260

Postby Beast260 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:15 am

sadly they are turning the land that i use to use to get to the quarry into a housing estate so that makes things alot harder. oh well i still got the Mud flats i have been sinking into for years now. just have to do it at low tide and late at night LOL kinda public.

Return to “Photos”