Pics of a quarry near me

Pictures that you took and want to share.
Nessie
Producer

Re: Pics of a quarry near me

Postby Nessie » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:42 am

(Sigh)

That looks divine. Haven't got places like that near me but I've traveled to a few. Oooh...ahhh...the memories!

Nessie

Beast260

Postby Beast260 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:55 am

i got to head out to it again real soon. its starting to get a lil chilly now.

i think its going to be a really cold winter this year. first one for a few years.

tempman

Postby tempman » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:16 pm

Heh, I love how the seasons are reversed like that. It's just getting warm here. I'll be heading to my usual spots soon enough.

Btw that place looks excellent, maybe a bit too exposed for me but the quality of the sand looks good. Nothing like that around where I currently live. It's all mud mud mud, and I hate mud!

Beast260

Postby Beast260 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:12 am

if i showed ya where is was on google maps its in the middle of no where and no one would come across u besides security... if that was security i saw that night LOL

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:03 am

Awesome find man.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Muddytrail

Postby Muddytrail » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:53 pm

WOW. I wish I had areas like this near me. I'm so envious right now! :shock:
Mud, mud, glorious mud~

Beast260

Postby Beast260 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:07 pm

well its to cold for me to head there now :( ill have to wait till it warms up again. its really really cold this year and my hip doesn't like the cold :(

MuddyEddie

Postby MuddyEddie » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:45 am

Beast260 wrote:well its to cold for me to head there now :( ill have to wait till it warms up again. its really really cold this year and my hip doesn't like the cold :(

Really cold? I just looked at the weather there, and it looks like 19 during the day and 8 at night. Not a bad autumn so far!

Of course once winter hits it'll be a bit cooler, I'd imagine!

Today the temperature here in Texas was 37! If it keeps up this way we'll have temperatures nearing 50 by August! I might just have to come there to cool off!

Beast260

Postby Beast260 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:26 am

well the thing that it nos mentioned is the chill factor. if its windy it could be 19c but in the wind it will be 10c and its a lil cold to be out in the mud. plus its been raining most of the time and in melbourne the weather can be fine one minute and storming the next with out any warning.

MuddyEddie

Postby MuddyEddie » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:41 pm

Beast260 wrote:well the thing that it nos mentioned is the chill factor. if its windy it could be 19c but in the wind it will be 10c and its a lil cold to be out in the mud. plus its been raining most of the time and in melbourne the weather can be fine one minute and storming the next with out any warning.

That's true. 10 is a wee bit too cold, even for me! I did go sinking in Colorado about seven years ago when the temperature was around 16 and the water temperature was close to 5! Getting cleaned up afterwards was interesting, to say the least.

Return to “Photos”