BM's Boggy Adventure & BG Pix! Updated 11/5/'23!

Pictures that you took and want to share.
Boggy Man

Re: BM's Boggy Adventure & BG Pix! Updated 8/23/'23!

Postby Boggy Man » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:54 am

My August 4'th, 2023 Adventure, Part 6, The Conclusion (Click Here For The Beginning With More Pix)!

I cleaned off my muddy leg, and replaced the sticks around most of the bog (west, north and east), extending the west line slightly further southward as well. The south side would be too inaccessible to cattle, because the meadow is too unstable. I then took one final photo of my caged-in bog, some water puddling in some of the low spots:

2023 08 04 1W Crescent.jpg

I got my things together, put the Gorillapod, swim goggles and swim cap back into their original packages, swapped memory cards in my camera, and headed back to my bike, putting everything back away, and was on my way just shortly after 6 pm.

Heading back down Crescent Road, I verified that the tiny area on the east side of the road that had a few trees cut was indeed the location of the entrance to the trail to the hidden liquid mud and sticks pond. I hoped that the lake would remain hidden. :? I wanted to be as careful as I could not to jar or strain my neck, so I decided to carry the camera case with the strap over my right shoulder instead of my neck, as well as go at a slower speed on the dirt/gravel roads, since during the previous year, I went too fast, and wound up with my neck pain getting worse, even with the Thudbuster LT seat suspension! :x But, since the main road was graded on the plateau, it was all covered with loose gravel, making it very difficult to avoid sharp bumps, even at slower speeds. :x I noticed that the side of the road looked smoother, with fewer rocks, but it had loose, powdery silt, causing me to eventually spin out, and each time I tried to get going again, I would spin out, forcing me to get further back onto the gravelly road, and try and pick the spots that had the lowest concentration of small rocks. Once I got past the plateau, and was going downhill, the graded area ended, and it was smoother coasting all the way into the valley, trying to limit my speed to reduce the bumps that were there. When I got lower into the valley, the haze got worse, and I could smell the smoke again. :x I was in cell range just before 8 pm, and called home. I didn't get as far as I usually did before my dad picked me up, since I was going a bit slower on the pavement to take it easy on my knees, since this was the first time this year I was on my bike for longer than 5 minutes (I already mentioned that on the previous day I tested my bike out to see if it was working properly).

I was happy with the way the day turned out, since I had accomplished two major things - finally getting a particular dramatic sinking scene done that I had intended to do last year (videos now posted to YouTube and linked to and described in this posting), and pushing all the invading grasses/rushes/weeds under the mud to keep it open. However, I was annoyed at the haze from the forest fire smoke, which cut the sun's strength down enough that the water, mud and ground wasn't heating up as much! :x It took me longer to warm up, since I noticed how the heat radiating from the ground wasn't as intense as usual! :x I did suffer a few leg cramps, but fortunately, they went away. I also didn't see any leeches go after me, although some tiny things on my skin might have possibly been some baby ones. :?

After such a disappointing season last year (2022), I was really happy with how nicely exposed my bog was! :D Water levels were substantially lower August 4'th of this year than they were, both, on August 18'th of last year, the day of my first outing then, as well as September 2'nd, my final outing of last year!

I was hoping that I had dodged the bullet in regards to my neck, since I came home feeling fine. The following day, I did notice some increased clicking in my neck, but it didn't seem out of the ordinary. The second day, however, the clicking was louder, and more crunching, which made me a bit more concerned! The third day of "recovery", the clicking was even worse, with a couple of them being more like a cracking sound! And, during that day I began to noticed twinges of pain that would just happen and then be gone. Sometimes a certain movement would suddenly hurt, and then after that, making the same movement would be painless. It was kind of like having an "ice cream headache" sensation at the base of my skull in the back of my neck for a fraction of a second, and it was gone. On the fourth day of "recovery", my neck was feeling a bit more sensitive, feeling sore if I turned my head up a certain way, and just once in a while I would feel some pain when I moved my head a certain way, especially if I was moving my head forward while looking up. On the fifth day of "recovery", it started off feeling quite sensitive again, but by late afternoon, the sensitivity seemed to go down slightly. On the sixth day, my neck pain was almost gone, only a couple of brief moments of feeling something, but my neck was sometimes hardly clicking, other times clicking a lot. After that, things settled down to crunching/clicking/grinding, with most days with no pain at all. Hopefully, things will get better from here.

I am eyeing some time between Monday August 14'th, and Wednesday, August 16'th for my next bikeride, and hope that my neck feels better before then. I may also consider replacing one of the elastomers on my seat suspension with a softer one to see if that makes the ride smoother (or perhaps there is an adjustment I can also try). I will just have to wait and see, and hope the smoke, which finally cleared away, doesn't return for my next adventure!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Re: BM's Boggy Adventure & BG Pix! Updated 9/8/'23!

Postby Boggy Man » Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:29 am

My August 16'th, 2023 Adventure, Part 1!

After my first adventure of the season, the weather cooled closer to seasonal norms, and the smoke eventually cleared away. I wanted to wait long enough for my neck to settle down, and for the weather to heat up again, and the during the second week following my first adventure, was the time! :D I chose Wednesday, August 16'th, since my dad had to get his truck serviced the day before, and had a dentist appointment the day after. The weather was supposed to be turning windier the day after as well, from an approaching cold front (was concerned about what that would do to the forest fires in Southern BC). I thought about going two days earlier, a clear, hot day, but I wanted to wait for the hot dry weather to help dry things up more, and thicken the mud more as well. But, while Monday was totally clear, Tuesday became smoky again :x , and Wednesday, August 16'th was so bad that there were hardly any shadows at all from the smoke! :x I couldn't reschedule, because the next available day would have been Friday, which would have been cooler, windy, and with risk of thunderstorms. So, I just kept my fingers crossed in hopes the smoke would thin out during the day, which was two days before my first adventure last year, which saw only one personal underbog sink before everything flooded!

Once again, I got up around 5 am, and wasted a bit of time searching for the package from my Thudbuster LT seat suspension, because I wanted to read the instructions, and see if I could make adjustments, or swap out different elastomers to create a smoother ride. But, I couldn't find anything, so I just hoped that the ride would be smoother, since 12 days had passed since I last rode on the graded road with all the loose gravel, so perhaps some of it would be cleared away by the vehicles driving over it during that time. :? I also gathered 4 pieces of plastic wrap into a plastic bag in case I was able to make a first-person sink, although I wouldn't know for certain what I was going to be doing that day until I saw how things unfolded. We left around 9 am, and I noticed that there was now loose gravel on the climb into the mountains, not just on the plateau, where it did look like the stones on the road were not as concentrated as before. I was disappointed that the smoke on the plateau was still quite heavy, but not quite as bad as in the valley. My dad dropped me off at the usual spot, I tested my bike to make certain it was working okay, loaded up the saddlebags, and he drove away.

This time, I headed straight to the sideroad, not seeing any cattle this time, which made me happy. :) I walked my bike over the two fallen trees on the trail, and laid it down in its usual spot behind coniferous trees north of the pond. I loaded things from my saddlebags into my usual plastic bag, and swapped memory cards in my camera. I then headed through one of the grassy worn animal (cattle) trails honeycombing in between the alders north of the pond, noticing that there were a number of fresh trails made through the grass, likely by cattle. I adjusted my course to the north side of the pond, to take a glance at the mud exposed there, noticing that it looked like there was a bit more exposed and looked thicker. :) I then headed straight to my area on the middle of the west side of the pond, happy to see that it looked like it was going to be thicker this time! :) I dropped my things off under the north side of some alders, the usual spot, west of the bog, took my camera out, and took a photo of my caged-in bog, the state it was in at the beginning of the day:

2023 08 16 2A Crescent.jpg

To Be Continued...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:30 am

My August 16'th, 2023 Adventure, Part 2 (Click Here For The Beginning With More Pix)!

I returned my camera to my things, and then proceeded to remove most of the sticks around my bog, leaving just a few short ones in the meadow further south, away from the bog, laying my sticks further onshore, on the east side of some alders, and setting one nice one apart for mounting the camera/Gorillapod onto later. The smell of eggs from swamp gas occasionally permeated the air as I walked over top of the quaking floating meadow surrounding my treacherous muck! Once I finished removing all the sticks/poles I needed to, I grabbed the camera, and going counterclockwise, I snapped photos of the hungry mire, including one top view:

2023 08 16 2B Crescent.jpg

2023 08 16 2C Crescent.jpg

2023 08 16 2D Crescent.jpg

2023 08 16 2E Crescent.jpg

2023 08 16 2F Crescent.jpg

I was hoping that because of the hot weather, that it would be more comfortable sinking conditions much earlier in the day, but because of the smoke being so bad that the sun would only produce very faint shadows if at all, it still felt cooler than I had hoped :( , but still warming up. So, deciding not to get too chilled early in the day, I chose not to have a submergence sink first thing. Instead, I decided to have a personal sink to my chest, followed by mushing up the surface of the mud, to remove the stiffer surface skin in order to keep it soft and at maximum quaking action! :twisted: I got undressed, and was all ready to have my first sink of the day! :D

I first stood on the south side, facing north, looking at the patch of bare, muddy ground, thinking about how it looks so much like ordinary mud, but there is nothing ordinary about it! :shock: It basically acts like it is alive, a giant stomach (digests by bacterial action)! I then thought about the following things regarding the treacherous ground that laid before me:

It gulps! :shock:
It entraps! :shock:
It sucks! :shock:
It heaves! :shock:
It pulsates! :shock:
It quivers! :shock:
It swallows! :shock:
It encompasses! :shock:
It suffocates! :shock:
It kills! :shock:
It digests! :shock:
It burps! :shock:
It farts! :shock:
It waits for its next victim/meal! :twisted:

Then I imagined someone speaking about how this hiker (me) is going to become its next next victim! I then walk away southward briefly before walking back to the edge of the bog briefly for one more thought before turning away and walking southward and then finally turning around and walking northward again. I kept on walking, only to land in the middle of the patch of wet ground, getting immediately gulped down to my lower chest in the farting mire! :shock: I then struggled lightly, pressing my hands and arms down lightly on the skin of the quivering surface, so as not to break through it yet. I immediately thought about how this was a patch of mud that I had heard acted like a giant stomach, and I was now its latest meal! :shock: I struggled a bit, the hungry morass slowly sucking me down deeper, rising higher up my chest, my arms and hands still pushing down lightly on the heaving surface around me so as not to break through it just yet. Then, I finally pushed my hands down into the mire, it swallowing my arms straight down! I struggled a bit, the surface rising higher up my chest, unable to move in any direction, stuck in place and slowly sinking! :shock: I pulled my arms out, and then rested them back on the surface, and struggled some more, pressing down more and more with my arms and hands, the surface slowly giving way beneath them, sucking them back down into its soft doughy embrace, but this time not vertical! I struggled vigorously, imagining I was going to be sucked under, the ground around me pulsating and quaking and letting out the occasional swamp fart, the feel of it wrapped around most of my body holding me in place, all raising my stimulation to the exploding point! :D

After that, my body suddenly felt its temperature drop, but I was glad I wasn't wet above my armpits, which meant I wasn't too chilled. :) But, I couldn't feel enough solar heat on my body to fully warm me up either, thanks to the smoke! :x But, I wasn't really that cold, so I proceeded with my next step, to mush up the surface to get rid of the slightly stiffer skin. If I left it unmushed, then anything untouched would get stiffer and stiffer through the season, to the point of drying out on top if things stayed too dry. If it dried out on top, the dry parts would be a lot of work to soften again, unground chunks remaining stiff even if submerged, even into the following year! I learned that the hard way a number of years ago!

So, I first mushed up everything within reach in the middle of the mire where I was, the bog occasionally farting out swamp gas, and then I worked my way towards the west side, finding it harder to work my way through the doughy morass, because it was thicker than last time. With a bit of effort, I managed to get closer to the west side, mushed up more surface, and then worked myself closer, and mushed up more mud there, until I finally reached the west edge, getting all the surface mushed up there. Because it was too thick to walk through, I had to pull myself out onto the grass on the edge. So as not to drag the mud out with me, standing with my back to shore, I would push down on the grass behind me with my hands to raise my buttocks up above the mud, pull myself backward, and then sit down on the grass. I wiped the mud off my body back into the bog, with the thickest stuff plastered around my lower legs and especially my feet. I then moved to the next spot on the northwest side, where I plunged into the gulping, farting mire, and mushed up the surface of the doughy muck there, before lifting my buttocks up and sitting back on the grass there, wiping the mud off my body back into the bog to try and conserve as much of it as I could to keep the level of it from dropping over time relative to the water, and then smoothing out the surface. I repeated the process, going in a clockwise direction, continuing to smooth out the surface as I went. I noticed how some spots on the edge of the grass had a skunky odour to it, likely because of the larger concentration of vegetation there being digested/fermented by the swamp! I had to get out twice, once just past halfway, and once just before finishing, to have a nature break in the meadow by some alders. Because I was higher up in the mire when mushing it up, the mud higher up my chest from my first sink was drying up on me, which would tend to be more work to remove, but I was confident that I had the means to remove it more easily. 8-) With the surface all mushed up and smoothed out, the surface quivered very nicely like jelly! :D

I went back to the north side, and facing south, I jumped back in, sinking back to my chest in the farting mire! I struggled with my arms down and enjoyed the sensation, although I was feeling a little bit chilled. I imagined I was slowly being sucked into deadly quicksand, with the sucking, slimy ground rising higher and higher up my chest, eventually claiming the dry mud that was stuck to my upper chest. I continued to struggle, watching the undulating wet surface of the quicksand slowly rise higher and higher, occasionally blowing swamp farts! The surface was not consistent, with a narrow strip of wetter slime oriented in a N-S line in front of me. As I struggled, and the sucking morass continued to rise ever higher, I imagined that eventually, I would be completely sucked beneath the undulating, slimy surface! :shock: The soft feel of it entrapping me, the impending suffocation, seeing the wet, slimy surface quake around me and blow the occasional bog fart, raised my stimulation to the exploding point! :D

Now it was time to bring my first sinking session to a close! I worked myself up higher and pushed the mud off my skin, and then managed to work myself back to the north shore, where I once again raised my buttocks above the mud, and pulled myself backward onto the grass, pushing the doughy ooze off my skin and back into the bog, the thickest stuff once again plastered around my lower legs and feet. I smoothed the surface out again, and then headed to the water to clean up.

The water wasn't too cool, and I managed to clean myself off the usual way, rubbing it off with my hands on front (when I knelt on a yellow waterlily rhizome, I accidentally bent one knee too far, which cause brief knee pain), then laying down on the floating vegetation on the edge of the pond which had water flood over it under my weight, and rubbing my back like crazy to get the mud off (Nature's scrub brush - very efficient and effective), and then back into the pond to splash water over my back to wash away the loose sediment from the muddy water I laid down in. I would stand vertically in the soft mud under the water to clean off, or sit down/kneel on yellow waterlily rhizomes. Then I would head back to the floating vegetation which would flood under my weight to clean my lower body. Then I got out, and headed to dry ground, and air-dried.

To Be Continued...

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:30 am

My August 16'th, 2023 Adventure, Part 3 (Click Here For The Beginning With More Pix)!

I grabbed my camera from my things, and took some photos of the bog, all mushed up and smoothed out:

2023 08 16 2G Crescent.jpg

2023 08 16 2H Crescent.jpg

2023 08 16 2I Crescent.jpg

2023 08 16 2J Crescent.jpg

2023 08 16 2K Crescent.jpg

To Be Concluded...

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:31 am

My August 16'th, 2023 Adventure, Part 4, The Conclusion (Click Here For The Beginning With More Pix)!

Once I finished drying out, I got dressed, grabbed my drinks and camera in its case, and headed back to my bike. Still feeling on the cool side, I pulled out my plastic bag with a paper bag containing Pizza Pops (and a Sweet & Salty almond granola/nut bar for later), and then went for a walk back to the sideroad, and walked northward up it, to the ring bog pond, while eating the Pizza Pops. Where the stream left the ring bog pond, below the beaver dam on its south end, I noticed that there was mud exposed as well as algae, which looked interesting. :) I decided I would take a photo of it later. I continued onward, noticing that the thimble berries were starting to ripen, and I snacked on a couple as well, with the berries so delicate, that they could be easily crushed by pressing against them with my tongue. No chewing needed. I headed further past the ring bog pond, following where the road turned east, passing by the loop sidetrail that headed north. A little ways further east, down the road, I noticed another sidetrail heading off northeastward, and I decided to follow it for a bit. It went for a little ways before ending in a wider opening in the forest, with a single trail heading off into the woods past that. I followed that trail a little ways, passing the time, waiting for me to warm up, frustrated with the thick smoke filtering most of the sunshine, cutting down on the heat! :x When the trail seemed to cross over a low damper greener stretch (seasonal stream? ) and up the other side, I decided to turn around and head back. I was still feeling a little on the cool side, but not as bad. When I reached the south side of the ring bog pond, I set my things down and headed down to the boggy stream with my camera, and took some photos of the exposed mud and algae there:

2023 08 16 2L Boggy Stream North Of Crescent.jpg

2023 08 16 2M Boggy Stream North Of Crescent.jpg

2023 08 16 2N Boggy Stream North Of Crescent.jpg

2023 08 16 2O Boggy Stream North Of Crescent.jpg

It was tempting to investigate the mud further, but I wanted to get back to my main bog. So, I returned to the road and headed back, and then at one point, when I bent over for something (can't remember), I suddenly felt dizzy! :shock: I was concerned that perhaps I was overheating, since I had just noticed that the chills were completely gone! :? Or, perhaps, it was from breathing in all that smoke! :? Anyways, as I continued on back to bike, I started to feel a little bit better. I put my lunch bag away in my bike, and returned to my things beside my bog, feeling warm and ready for my next sinking session! :D

It was getting close to 3 pm, and I needed to decide on what I was going to do. :? First, I pulled out my breathing hose from its nearby hiding spot under a spruce tree, and also pulled out my makeshift headstrap to have all my options ready. I had my swim goggles, swim cap, and Gorillapod all out of their packages. Now, with the smoke obscuring the sun, I could try and set up the camera and new Gorillapod on my makeshift headstrap, with the camera and Gorillapod covered in plastic wrap, to shoot a first person sinking video, done right this time, without any sun to create shadows or cause color to fade, or I could just shoot another dramatic sinking scene, or I could have a personal underbog breathing hose sink, or I could have an on-camera breathing hose sink. :? Decisions, decisions, decisions.... :? Then, I started to think that the first person sink setup would take too long, and not be guaranteed to work. The new Gorillapod has a different design for the camera mount, where there is a 90˚ bend in one spot, which would take a bit of fiddling to get positioned properly, and it might extend a bit further, causing a bit more adjustments, before even making some tiny test videos to get things right (camera wasn't far enough to the side to properly face straight forward in my previous attempts, and I have learned from that mistake). :? Because of so many things to do to get it set up and then experimenting further, I felt that I could blow any other opportunities if it didn't work out. :? I also noticed that the sun seemed to be finally getting brighter all of a sudden as well, with shadows that were faint to nonexistent most of the day beginning to get stronger! So, I finally made the decision to have the on-camera breathing hose sink, hoping that the mud would be thick enough to have some really good farting bubbles! :D

I stripped and changed into my junk shorts, once again using an orange plastic string to secure it around my waist. I took my breathing hose (a black 6-foot shop vac hose) to the edge of the pond, and cleaned off the end I was going to put in my mouth, having to wipe it dry with my junk shorts. I blew through it, hoping nothing was living in it (don't want any spiders running into my mouth :o ). :? Then, I had to decide where I wanted to have my sink, since I wanted to choose a nice thick spot. :? The very center, where I had sunk before, had been softened quite a bit, but I remembered that some places off to the sides were thicker. So I decided on a spot just east of the center, where I seemed to remember it being thicker. The west side was another thick spot, but I felt it wasn't wide enough. :? I retrieved the pole I had selected for the camera, and then pushed it through the floating vegetation in the western portion of the south edge of the bog. I wanted to have it directly in front of the spot, but because of the shadow of the stick, I had to have it further to the west. I then took the camera, set it to 16:9 to make its regular view match the that of the video, screwed it onto the Gorillapod, and then wrapped the Gorillapod's tentacles around the stick. I started fiddling around, making adjustments to try and properly frame the location, but the smoothed-out mud's features were very hard to make out on the camera, and after a bit of fiddling around, I suddenly realized that the spot would be much easier to frame once the breathing hose was in place! :idea: So, I grabbed the breathing hose and sunk part of it in the mud to hide it from the camera, smoothing over the surface, with my mouth end sticking out where I wanted to sink, and the back end exiting the muck onto the grass on the south side. However, since the mat of grass had some water on it, I was concerned that water might get into the hose while I was breathing through it! :o So, I went back to my sticks, grabbed a bunch of short ones, and laid them on top of the grass in a raft formation for the end of the hose to lay on. Once that end of the hose was finally high and dry, I was able to get the camera properly set up, with the mouth end of the breathing hose in the lower center of the frame. I zoomed in a bit, for a rough estimate. I then returned to my things, put on my swim cap, inside out again to have the solid fluorescent green instead of the fluorescent green dot pattern shrinking into a white top, making certain that I had as much hair inside it as I could, and that it had completely covered my ears. I then put my sunglasses back on, returned to the camera, and made some final adjustments to get the area perfectly framed, and zoomed in a bit. I then pressed the record button, headed back to my things, removed my sunglasses, and put on my swim goggles, making certain that they were mounted properly. I headed over to the north side, and was finally ready to get sucked under the thick, doughy quagmire for an extended period of time, with a constant stream of farting bubbles at the surface! :D

I then made the fateful leap, landing right in front of the breathing hose, the bog farting as it gulped me down to my waist! :D I began to struggle, reaching all around me, pushing my hands and arms under again and again, mushing up the surface of the farting mire around me. Once the doughy surface rose high enough up to my face, I put the end of the hose into my mouth, and continued to sink myself down deeper, pulling the end of the hose under the sucking mire with my mouth and hand(s). I continued to struggle myself down deeper, the mire rising up over my swim goggles, with the light turning red and then black, as the voracious ooze continued to suck my head under! Because of neck issues, I had to keep my head facing forward, and not up, so I adjusted my posture to make myself face more forward. I was inhaling through the hose in my mouth, and exhaling through my nose, the escaping air farting around my head to the surface. As I kept on sinking deeper, I wondered if the top of my head was still exposed, so I reached up out of the mud and felt the top, finding there was only mud, meaning that my head was now completely swallowed by the hungry muck! :twisted: With my hands below the surface, there was no sign of me left, except for the farting bubbles! I continued to sink deeper, with my exhaled air first making more of a steady whooshing sound. But, as I got deeper, it was also making a phlup, phlup, phlup sound. It felt so wonderful to be totally encompassed by the thick, suffocating mire, while still being able to breathe! :mrgreen: Of course, it was a bit more exercise breathing, but I also noticed that shorter breaths had less exertion. I raised my hands above the mud, suddenly feeling a sense of comfort, and churned the surface, and then slowly retracted my hands back down into the mud, giving the appearance of sinking deeper. I also moved my arms and body beneath the surface, to make the bog move like it was alive! Getting used to breathing under the mud, I worked myself down even deeper and deeper, pulling the hose down with me, noticing that only my hands and a small part of my forearms could break the surface of the doughy, suffocating ooze! My head must have been several inches below the surface of the gulping mire! :shock: I struggled with my hands churning the mud, and then slowly retracted them back down, slowly vanishing into the slimy ooze! :twisted: I loved the sound of the bog passing gas up to the surface from my escaping breath, with slower shorter exhales being more "phlup, phlup, phlup", while longer, deeper exhales being more of a whispering "inflating balloon whoooooo" sound, completely different sounds from what you hear outside the bog! I was in a totally different world! :D If it wasn't for the breathing hose, I wouldn't have been able to survive being sucked down so deep under the suffocating mire for so long! :shock: I thought about sinking myself deeper yet, since there was no solid bottom I could feel, but decided I was deep enough. I just lingered there, inhaling through the hose and exhaling through my nose. But, some of the thick mire managed to ooze between the top of the hose and my upper lip, getting into my mouth, but I managed to keep it mostly in front of my upper teeth, but some got past it. After a while, I began to feel some phlegm building up in my throat that I had to constantly clear away, which was getting worse, and that mud that had gotten into my mouth was also a bit annoying. So, I finally decided to call it quits, and make the hungry bog regurgitate its meal! :twisted:

Bending each leg, I would work one foot up through the thick mire, and then the other foot, and then work myself straight, pushing the hose up with me as I went. It got progressively easier to breathe as I wormed my way up through the mud closer to the surface, with my exhaled air becoming a steady "whooooo" as I got even closer. Finally, my head broke the surface, with light starting to filter through my boggy goggles (boggles)! I wiped some mud from the top of my head, and rose higher. I removed the hose from my mouth, lifted it out of the mud and moved it aside, while I spat out the mud that had oozed into my mouth. I rested briefly, before working myself up higher and wiping the layer of doughy slime from my head, and then worked myself up higher, pulling the breathing hose out of the mud and tossing it to my left. I continued to wipe the mud off my body, and then worked myself up higher. I kept on wiping mud off my goggles, trying to get a clearer view. Once I was high enough, I then slowly struggled my way back to the north side, smoothing out the surface a little bit as I went, exiting and pushing the rest of the mud from my body back into the bog. As I was moving away from the bog, I heard some splashing coming from the pond, and wondered what it was. :? Then, when I headed to the pond, I discovered it was a duck! I washed off my hands, and headed to my camera to stop the recording. However, because my vision was so blurry, especially through the mud-smeared goggles, I couldn't tell if I had pressed the button hard enough to stop the recording. :? So, I pressed it a few more times, before turning the camera off, knowing that there would be a few extra tiny videos that I would have to delete afterwards.

With the camera off, I was now ready to get back into the mire, and have a more personal sink! :D I was glad that my swim goggles were still secured on my eyes, meaning that I could still do some more submersions, if I wanted to. Walking around to the south side, I jumped in, facing northward this time, roughly in the same place I had the breathing hose sink, and started to struggle vigorously, sinking deeper and deeper into the voracious quagmire, this time without any breathing hose to keep me from suffocating! With my struggling, I allowed the treacherously hungry muck to suck me down to the point where it was frequently rising up over my mouth, forcing me to constantly fight for breath! :o I wanted this to be a stimulating struggle, and had forgotten to remove my junk shorts, but I couldn't untie the string in the mud. So, I pulled the front of the shorts downward, slightly off the string, to expose things a bit underneath to the mire deeper down. ;) I struggled for a long time, the surface in front of me rising and falling, undulating, pulsating, like it was alive, as it tried to suffocate me, only for me to fight myself high enough to get another breath before it sucked over and into my mouth again! I briefly sunk down deep enough for the muck to suck over my goggles, before quickly fighting my way back up to breath again! :shock: Heart pounding, constantly gasping for breath and spitting out mud that was invading my mouth, struggling right on the edge (slightly higher, and I could breathe easily, and slightly deeper, I could suffocate), was exhilarating, exciting, a real workout! :mrgreen:

But, unfortunately, I couldn't get full stimulation due to the coolness of both my body and the bog. So, I worked myself out of the mire, once again lifting my buttocks above the mud before sitting back on the grass on the north side, wiping the mud off my body into the bog, and smoothing out the surface. Then, I finally untied the string from around my junk shorts, and removed my junk shorts. I stuffed the string inside a pocket in the mucky junk shorts so as not to lose it, and plopped it down in the grass a few feet north of the bog.

The sun was much stronger and hotter, which really made this sinking session much more enjoyable! :D I then headed to the west side where I then crawled over top of the thick, warm, solar-heated surface of the mire there, facing southward, and then began to struggle on my chest, the thick doughy mire wrapping itself around my bottom and sides like a warm, wet quilt! I pushed down with my arms, which got swallowed straight down by the voracious ooze! I could feel it sucking over my legs, my buttocks, and starting to swallow the sides of my back, while the undulating surface of the suffocating mire in front of me rose up to my head, sucking my face into it, trying to smother me in its embrace! :shock: I had to constantly "fight" to keep my mouth above the suffocating surface, before it got sucked under again, trying to swallow my face! :twisted: The struggling, the feel of it sucking my body into it, the warmth of the surface from the sun, the mire farting out swamp gas and trying to suffocate me, brought my stimulation to the exploding point! :D

Now, all finished for the day, I exited the mire on the west side, once again raising my rear above the mud before pulling myself backwards onto the grass. I wiped the mud off my body into the bog, and smoothed out the surface. I made certain it was all smooth, and then headed to the pond to clean up, this time heading a little further into the water. Standing in the soft, muddy bottom, I allowed myself to sink down deep enough into the bottom for the water to be up to my chest, where I swished away the sediment-filled water from my disturbance, to replace it with clear water. I took deep breaths and immersed my head under the water, cleaning away the gooey muck. Once I had enough cleaned, I removed my swim goggles, and cleaned them a bit more, before then exiting the pond, holding them up above the water, and then hanging them on an alder branch to dry. I returned to the pond, and cleaned my face better, and then removed the swim cap, and cleaned it better, and then exited the pond, holding it above the water, and hanging it on another alder branch. I then returned to the pond to finish cleaning up, making certain my head was clean, as well as my arms and front, and using "Nature's scrub-brush" to unstick the muddy film on my back, and then splashing water on it to rinse away all remaining loose sediment. As I worked my way down to my lower body, I noticed a black blob still on my right thigh. I tried washing it off, only to discover it was a leech! :shock: It was the first one to attach to me in over a year (or so)! I scraped it off with my fingernail, and tossed it away into the pond. Sure enough, some blood was oozing from where it had been attached, a spot which I had to refrain from rubbing or scratching, otherwise it would swell up and start to itch! :x I cleaned my string, junk shorts and breathing hose, having to use the junk shorts to clean the mud out of the grooves of the hose around the side I put into my mouth. I also rinsed water through the inside of the hose as well. I hung the string and junk shorts in some alders, and put the breathing hose away in its hiding spot. I had trouble keeping the swim cap on the alder branch, because it kept on falling off.

I unwrapped the Gorillapod's tentacles from the stick, and unscrewed the camera from it, and put them back with my things. I returned my camera back to its normal aspect ratio, and was going to take some photos of the bog, when I realized that the smoothed out surface looked no different from earlier, when I took photos. So, I proceeded to take all the sticks/poles, and put them back around the bog to cage it in again.

I got dressed, and took a quick look at parts of the video I took, noticing the awkward angle it was at due to me trying to avoid the stick's and camera's shadow. I also noticed that when I was reaching out and mushing up the mud around me, part of my arms and hands were out of the frame, meaning that I had zoomed in too much! I also noticed how different the farting bubbles sounded, compared to how they sounded under the surface. I swapped memory cards, and then proceeded to put my things together, when I realized I forgot to take one final photo of the caged-in bog. So, I swapped the memory cards again, and took one last photo of the bog with the sticks/poles (from dead alders) around it:

2023 08 16 2P Crescent.jpg

I then swapped memory cards again, and finished packing everything up, putting the Gorillapod, swim goggles, and swim cap back into their respective packages. I returned to my bike, and put everything away in the saddle bags. When I was walking my bike over the fallen trees, I stepped on the last one to push it down so I could move my bike over top of it more easily, but midway, it sprung back up into my bike, with a metallic clang! :shock: After getting my bike back onto the sideroad, I did a quick inspection to make certain it was okay, and it seemed all right. :?

I headed back down, noticing that the main road indeed seemed to be not as full of loose gravel as last time, and I snacked on the Sweet & Salty almond granola/nut bar on the way. Once again, I put the strap of the camera case over my shoulder, but it kept slipping off. Then, I realized the strap was doubled, so I pulled out one single part, which made it long enough to go on the opposite shoulder from the side with the camera, and the camera no longer slipped off, although I was getting a little sore between the bottom of the left side of my neck and the top of my shoulder. Because I felt more confident with my knees, I went slightly faster, but still cautious not to over-stress my knees. When I started the main downhill, I was disappointed that it too, was now full of loose gravel! :x Looks like they graded it as well, so there was no smooth going left until pavement! :x

Once I descended far enough into the valley, I was in cell range, and phoned home for my dad to meet me. Then, I continued to coast down the road with loose gravel, looking forward to getting to the pavement. But then, something didn't feel right! :shock: I wasn't slowing down as much as I should each time I put on the brakes! :shock: Then, it got really scary when I put my brakes on hard, and I started to go even faster! :shock: I had to quickly make a hard left turn across the road to come to a stop! I then tried going slowly, only to have to put my feet on the ground each time I couldn't stop with the brakes! It was a good thing it didn't happen up in the mountains! :shock: I then started to walk my bike down the hill, and a gentleman on his way up in a truck asked if I needed assistance, and I told him that I was okay, because my dad was going to pick me up. I then continued on, and tried coasting slowly, but had to use my feet to stop each time my brakes didn't want to work. I finally got off my bike, rummaged through a side pocket in my saddlebag, pulled out a (hex/Allen) (key/wrench), and made an adjustment to the fixed rear brake pad (perhaps it got out of adjustment from vibrations, or the the fallen tree springing up did something :? ) on the back wheel. After that, things worked again :cool: , although I never made any adjustments to the front one. Once again, I wasn't as far down the road in the valley bottom as I normally would be before my dad picked me up. The valley was still full of thick smoke, with an orange sun. That evening, when I watched the recording of the news, during the weather, they showed an animated visible satellite loop to show the smoke, and right around 3 pm, was when a hole in the smoke moved right across where I was in the mountains!

It was my best outing in two years! :D I was happy to see no sign of any cattle, although the grass looked like animals had trampled paths through the area, and there was one cow pie in the clearing north of the pond, which was not too fresh, since it had the bleached, dried, papery coating. I had some slight leg cramps, but they never got bad, and dissipated. I had my first leech bite in years. I was glad that I chose to have the breathing hose sink, on camera, and wished that I could have spent more time under there! After I had finished, knowing that I was able to breathe without difficulty when the top of my head was several inches below the surface, I then wished I could have went deeper, to see if I could reach the magic point where I would reach up and there would be nothing but soft mud above my fingertips, with nothing but more soft mud beneath my feet, without having any problems breathing, or at least see how close I could get to that point before I had to stop sinking myself deeper! :roll: Next time, it will be thicker, with more pressure on my chest at any given depth. :? I also wished I could have done some of that struggling for breath after I had surfaced from the breathing hose sink, since I believe it would have looked interesting and dramatic on video. But, at least I did spend a fair bit of time under the mire, and the mud seemed less chilly, and the sun coming out made a difference as well! :D If only the sun had been out since the beginning of the day! I had thought for certain that our heat wave would allow for more comfortable, chill-free conditions earlier in the day for a change, but the annoying smoke ruined all that! :x When I left the area, I noticed that I felt as if every breath I took filled my lungs with more oxygen than ever! :) It was as if breathing through the hose in my mouth and exhaling through my nose under the mud caused my respiratory system to feel stronger, more refreshed! :D

There were a few biting flies, but it wasn't too bad, but I would be occasionally bothered by the odd bald-faced hornet, which would buzz around me.

I can't remember exactly where we got to that day in Vernon, but it was in the mid 30's˚C (mid 90's˚F), with it hitting 37.7˚C (99.9˚F) the day before, and 38.1˚C (100.6˚F) the day after, when I noticed that the smoke seemed to be not as bad, and I could even see a cumulus cloud to the south of us through the haze! Then, I took a closer look at that cloud, and the billowing top extended downward on the west side of it down to the ground behind the hills, meaning it was a Pyro-cumulus cloud, a cloud that forms from forest fires! :shock: Sure enough, when I watched the news, it was from the McDougall Creek wildfire near West Kelowna, which was flaring up! :shock: Then, after that, the cold front moved through, kicking up gusty winds that caused wildfires to explode all over the place in southern BC! :shock: The McDougall Creek wildfire destroyed many homes/structures in West Kelowna, and the gusty winds blew embers across Okanagan Lake to start new fires in North Kelowna and Lake Country, causing the UBC campus to cancel all exams, and to evacuate (it was then being used as a staging area for over 500 firefighters). The Kelowna International airport closed down to free up airspace for firefighters, but as of Sunday Aug 20'th, they started opening for limited flights in the evenings, when all firefighting aircraft was grounded for the night. The fires around Adams Lake, which have been a major source of smoke in my area, surged southward 21 kilometers into parts of the western Shuswap, destroying homes/structures in some communities there! Thankfully, the weather behind the cold front cooled down, winds died down, relative humidity rose, and there has been scattered thunderstorms moving through. I hoped lightning wouldn't start more fires, although a new fire started way up in the mountains east of Armstrong, a community that is to the north of us, but never became a problem.

I was concerned about all the stress my neck was under from my head being engulfed by thick mud, but fortunately, things seem to have been stable, with some slight sensitivity on occasion, but still lots of clicking. However, my sides of my neck were sore for a day afterwards, before feeling better, the way it should be :) , not something that gets progressively worse over 5 days before starting to ease! :x

This time I never checked out the south end of the pond, to see how much more treacherous muck was exposed there, or took any photos of the other patches of exposed mud there, except for the stream leaving the ring bog pond, which was handy, since I was passing by it anyways. I wanted to focus on my main bog, and was happy with the experience! :D Looking at my camera recordings, there were 3 videos made that day - one 22m 51s, one 4s, and one 2s. So, I deleted the 4s and 2s ones, since they were just me pressing the record button multiple times to make certain the main video recording was stopped and saved. Upon viewing the main video on computer, even though it was zoomed in too closely to capture all of my arms and hands when they were extended out and churning the mire, it gave a really really great detailed closeup view of the heaving, pulsating, doughy mire that surrounded and swallowed me, and especially the farting bubbles of my escaping breath that the bog continuously belched out! :D

I am eagerly awaiting my next opportunity, which will probably be around Monday, August 28'th, which is when the weather peaks before another cold front hits the following day, but forecasts can change, so things are still up in the air, and I need to take a closer look at my bike to see if it needs further maintenance. :? My next adventure can't come soon enough, because after being sucked beneath the heaving, pulsating surface with only a breathing hose to keep me alive, with the sensations of the enveloping muck hugging my entire body, and the underbog sounds of the thick mire passing the gas from my escaping breath up to the surface to be farted out, I am experiencing bog withdrawal, and wish I could have repeated this EVERY day! :shock: I finally got a haircut, and so the swim cap will fit better! Can't wait! :mrgreen:

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Re: BM's Boggy Adventure & BG Pix! Updated 9/23/'23!

Postby Boggy Man » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:31 am

My August 28'th, 2023 Adventure, Part 1!

After my previous adventure, I was anxious to get back into my bog, especially after having a very enjoyable underbog breathing hose sink! :D We did finally get some wetter, cooler weather, which settled down the wildfires a fair bit, but with the weather heating up again, I was concerned that it might make things worse, and more smoky again! :? But, I kept my fingers crossed, and targeted Monday, August 28'th for my next adventure! :D The heat was supposed to peak somewhere around or above 30˚C (86˚F), before clouds and cooler weather was supposed to move in the following day, with risk of thunderstorms, and then after that, more rain. A few days earlier, I finally replaced the brake pads on the rear tire of my bike, since they were completely worn out. I still had new unused brake pads in a package that had come with my bike years ago, so I didn't have to buy any. I found my package from my Thudbuster LT seat suspension, but unfortunately the elastomers were all harder, none softer. So, I had to go with what I had, and hope that the ride back into the valley at the end of the day wouldn't be too hard on my neck. :?

I got up at 5 am, still dark, although there was just a hint of light in the sky. I was able to get ready rather early, and was ready to leave shortly after 8 am, but my dad had to make a phone call to our family doctor after 8:30 am, so I had to wait until after that. We left just shortly before 9 am, with the temperature around 19˚C (66˚F) at home when we left, and around to slightly above 20˚C (68˚F) in the valley. The skies were still full of haze from the smoke from the McDougall Creek wildfire around West Kelowna, but mostly to the west. Up in the mountains, the haze seemed thinner, and the sun brighter. On the way up, I decided to leave the cell phone on to see if there were any other places along the way that might get some cell service so that I could phone home earlier, so my parents wouldn't be as worried, and found that the last glimpse of cell service was at Kilometre 7 during the climb up, with nothing after that. When my dad dropped me off at the usual dropoff point up Crescent Road, close to my turnoff to my favourite location ;) , it was 20˚C (68˚F), and would only get warmer from there! :D I was concerned about the larger number of cowpies that were in the area now, meaning that there were more cattle in the area, which concerned me. :? I always dreaded the presence of cattle around my area! I tested my bike to make certain it was working okay, and it was. :) Once again, there were bald-faced hornets buzzing around the clearing. I loaded up my saddlebags, my dad took off, and after doing one more circle with my bike around that clearing to make certain nothing was left behind, I was on my way! :D

I headed west down the road, and turned north onto the sideroad that led to my area. Just a little ways up, there was one brown cow, and two light colored calves, which I passed by, the cow staying on the road, with the calves running off the side of the road to the edge of the woods. When I passed by the east pond on the west side of the road, I noticed that I could still see brief glimpses of the clearing with my pond, north of my sinking spot, meaning that during my cleanup, I could still be seen from that sideroad, but not much. I guess it will take a few more years for the bushes to grow enough to hide it altogether. :? Once it is totally hidden, then perhaps I could start taking advantage of any nice weather during Hunting Season, which starts September 10'th, but until then, I don't know if I would want to risk it. :?

I walked my bike down the sidetrail, lifting it over the two fallen trees. I once again laid my bike down on the north side of an evergreen, on the west side of a small clearing north of the pond. I got all the things I needed together into some bags, and was on my way, headed through the animal trails that wove through the alders that separated that small clearing from the clearing with the pond and meadow. I headed straight to my location, noticing some places with lots of cowpies, especially around a rock outcropping with vegetation over it. I didn't really like the increased signs of recent cattle activity in the area, especially in close proximity to my bog! When I reached my spot, I set my stuff (including my lunch and zip-up hooded jacket this time) down on the north side of some alders, the usual place, took my camera out of its case, and swapped memory cards. I headed straight to my bog, and took a photo of it:

2023 08 28 3A Crescent.jpg

I noticed that the mud was disturbed on the north side, like something had stepped onto the edge but backed away! Two of the sticks/poles there appeared to have been spread slightly apart. Upon closer inspection, it definitely looked like a bear had stepped into the edge, and when the hungry bog started to suck down its paw, it backed off, swiping and setting its paw more lightly on the surface to the left in the process! So, it looked like my cage slowed the bear enough to prevent it from fully entering the bog and getting sucked in! :shock:

I returned my camera to my things, and decided to strip before removing the sticks/poles, since I didn't want to take any chances of anything getting muddy. I removed the cage around my bog, piling the sticks beside alders to the southwest of the bog, and took more photos of a patch of hungry mire that almost ate a bear! :twisted:

2023 08 28 3B Crescent.jpg

2023 08 28 3C Crescent.jpg

2023 08 28 3D Crescent.jpg

2023 08 28 3E Crescent.jpg

To Be Continued...
Last edited by Boggy Man on Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:31 am

My August 28'th, 2023 Adventure, Part 2 (Click Here For The Beginning With More Pix)!

Photos continued:

2023 08 28 3F Crescent Boggy Bear Paw Impressions.jpg

2023 08 28 3G Crescent.jpg

2023 08 28 3H Crescent.jpg

Now, it was time for me to have my first sink of the day! :D But, because it was early, and I was going to mush up the entire surface, I wasn't going to go completely under at this time. I took my sunglasses off and put it with my things as well, just in case there was any splattering. After deciding where I was going to sink, I then walked away from the bog to the south and slightly west to slightly higher ground, and then turned around, ready to play a hiker that gets into a bit of a situation that sucks big-time, quite literally! :twisted:

When, while hiking, I came across a pond with a grassy meadow surrounding it. I headed into the meadow, and then walked northward along it. Then I started to notice that something wasn't right with the meadow. :? It seemed to become a little bit springy, and then as I continued on, it moved like a waterbed under my feet! :shock: Normal meadows don't do that! :shock: Then, I came across a patch of bare ground, and I stepped into the middle of it, immediately getting gulped down to my waist! :o Normal ground doesn't do that either, nor does normal ground blow farts like this one did! :shock: I tried to move forward, but was stuck in place! The ground quivered around me, and I tried to get out, but couldn't, only slowly getting sucked down deeper! :shock: I realized that I must have stepped into quicksand, and was slowly sinking to my death! :o I pushed my hands down, the hungry muck sucking them straight down! I struggled, the heaving surface slowly rising up my chest, blowing the occasional bog fart! I lifted my hands/arms straight out, and then laid them on the surface in front of me, but slightly off to the sides. I then struggled some more, pressing down with my arms, the surface giving way and sucking them down more horizontally, into its doughy softness! I struggled, loving the feel of the doughy muck holding my body, slowly sucking me down deeper, the surface rising to my upper chest! I imagined that I was soon going to be sucked completely under the surface to my death, totally encompassed by the wonderful-feeling softness that I was feeling with my hands, not to mention the parts of my body already gulped under, raising my stimulation to the exploding point! :D

Immediately, I felt my body temperature drop, but at least I wasn't muddy above my armpits. The sun felt warmer this time, which helped. :) I worked myself up higher, and began to proceed with mushing up the surface around me, as far as I could reach, the bog periodically farting more swamp gas! I then smoothed out the surface, before trying to get back to the south edge, turning myself around in the muck. But, it was thicker than last time, and with nothing solid within reach, it took a bit of work to maneuver myself closer to the south side! I had to slowly work myself into a diagonal position, so I could pull myself forward through the gripping muck! It also helped when I pulled mud away from in front of me and pushed it behind me, so it wouldn't bunch up in front of me. Slowly, I inched my way forward, until I was close to the south edge, where I mushed up more of the farting muck around me there, before pulling myself close enough to turn around again, and with my hands on the floating grass, lifting my buttocks above the mud, and pulling myself backward to sit down on the grass. I worked my legs out of the doughy mess, pushing the thick muck off my legs and feet back into the bog. I then smoothed out the remaining disturbed surface there. Before proceeding to the next section, the southeast corner, I decided to wash off my hands, grab my camera, and take a photo of the my first part of my mush-up and smoothing job:

2023 08 28 3I Crescent.jpg

Once that was done, I then put my camera back with my things, and then continued with my mushing and smoothing, in a counterclockwise manner, starting at the southeast side, having to work myself out each time to move to a new spot. But, it was a bit faster getting out, because since I was now doing the sides, I was closer to the edge where I could work myself to the grass faster. I was also working at a higher position than I was when I was sinking, namely around waist deep, which allowed more of my upper body to catch the sun and warm up, although it was also drying up the mud on my skin, which would take more work to remove later. :? The bog would continue to occasionally fart out swamp gas as I continued with my work, sometimes with me getting a stronger whiff of the boggy belch, all of which adds to the experience! :twisted: Along the soggy edges, where the grass met the mud, the leaves from the surrounding grass along the edge were often flattened and pulled down into the edge of the muck, where there was water pooling at the edge of the grass, resulting in the smell of fermenting grass (sort of a sweetish smell) as well in places. I also noticed that with the thicker mud, I could more easily feel the debris in it that came from the mud I had gathered in the area to top up the bog several times over the years to allow the mud to become exposed earlier in the season than it would have if I hadn't done that. So, I had to keep on picking out small cylindrical chunks of wood from branches, often soft and decomposing, as well as tiny sticks and tiny pine cones, wiping the mud off them before tossing them out into the surrounding meadow. In addition to the debris, was the odd tiny piece of hard mud, from when the surface had stiffened and dried out years earlier, which I had to crush and mix into the mire. The quagmire would periodically fart out more swamp gas, and I would sometimes feel the bog passing a bubble of gas right along my body, sometimes starting at my feet deep below the surface, rising higher and higher, until it went "pfffff" at the surface against my skin. After I made my way to the northeast corner, and had that mushed up and smoothed, I got out, and decided to take a video of me mushing up and smoothing out a part of the bog, to show viewers a little bit of the work I am doing. :) I had thought about shooting myself mushing up and smoothing out the west side, but felt that its thickness should be preserved for my second stimulating ;) sink. So, I opted for the western portion of the north side, which was next in line. 8-)

I grabbed a stick, selected a spot on the north side, and got my camera with Gorillapod set up, with the camera's aspect ratio set to 16:9 to match that of the video in order to properly frame the location. I wrapped the Gorillapod's knobby tentacles around the stick with it all set up fairly close to the action and looking downward. Then, right on cue, the wind started to come up, gusting for the first time that day! :x It had been perfectly calm all day, until I had the camera set up for the first video of the day! :x I waited for the wind to die down, and got dressed in my junk shorts and once again tied a string around my waist to hold it to my body. I made final adjustments to the camera (had to use my sunglasses in order to see the camera when getting it set up), pressed the record button, put my sunglasses with my things, returned to the southwest corner, and was ready to begin! :D

I jumped in, facing east, getting gulped down to my crotch in the sucking farting muck! With the camera recording, I proceeded to mush up the doughy mire around me with my hands, including the spot that had some watery mud on top of the surface that came from the area where the bear had its paw sucked in (I eliminated the water-filled depression earlier). I continued to get everything all more uniform in consistency, occasionally pulling out more debris, wiping mud off it, and tossing it into the grass. Because I wasn't moving my feet at all, I wasn't sinking deeper, instead remaining at waist deep. If I wanted to, I could have struggled and got sucked completely under right there, but my submergence sink(s) would have to wait until later in the day, when things warmed up more. 8-) I just kept at the task at hand until I was satisfied with my work, and then finally proceeded to work myself out backwards, smoothing the surface out along the way, lifting my buttocks above the surface, and then pulling myself backwards onto the grass, where I then extracted my legs, pushing the doughy mud off them back into the bog, and finishing all the smoothing work there. I then stood up, jumped on the grass a few times to make the surface quiver like a bowl of brown jelly, headed to the pond to clean my hands, and then stopped the recording.

Now, it was time for me to finish off the mushing job, and have a stimulating ;) struggle! :D I first untied the string around my waist and removed it and my junk shorts, setting them on the grass north of the bog. Then, I jumped into the undisturbed west side of the bog, with it making a very soggy sucking sound when it gulped me down to my waist! :D I immediately wondered if I should have shot the video in that spot after all. :? I struggled in the farting mire, mushing up the surface around me, repeating everything I had done in the rest of the bog, and wishing that I had shot the video of me working there instead, since the sucking muck was making a lot more rude sounds there (the place where I shot myself working also made rude sounds)! :twisted: Then, when I was done, I struggled there, imagining that I was going to get sucked down to my death, raising my stimulation to the exploding point! :D

Now, I was all finished with my first sinking session of the day! :D I worked myself out the mire, smoothing the surface out as I went, hiding all traces of any struggle! It was then time to clean myself off, dreading getting into the water, since my upper body with the dried mud was nice and warm in the sun, and now had to be exposed to cooler water! I headed to the pond, finding that the water was still a little on the cool side, but not too cold. I had to rub my front extra hard to get the dried mud off my front chest and arms, before getting out and finding a good spot to clean my back on "Nature's scrub-brush", finding most of the floating vegetation on the edge of the pond now covered in a thin layer of fine muck. Due to dropping water levels, some spots along the edge of the pond there had tiny patches of muck exposed as well, which forced me to find spots with water up to the floating vegetation. I found one spot where the floating vegetation wasn't mucky, and laid on my back, and rubbed myself against it, until I was certain all the mud would be dislodged. I then returned to the pond, where I splashed water over my back to wash away loose debris, and then finished rubbing my front, sides and arms to remove the remaining brown scum that was left on my skin from the thick muck. I was glad I hadn't done any submergence sinks yet, because I felt I couldn't handle immersing my head in the water with it this cool. But, I was confident that by the time I would be ready to do cleanup after my submergence sink later on, it would be nice and warm. 8-) I finished cleaning the rest of my body, and then grabbed my junk shorts and string, and cleaned them as well, before hanging my junk shorts and string on some alder branches to dry.

To Be Continued...
Last edited by Boggy Man on Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:32 am

My August 28'th, 2023 Adventure, Part 3 (Click Here For The Beginning With More Pix)!

I returned to my things, grabbed my camera, and took some photos of my mushed-up and smoothed-out bog:

2023 08 28 3J Crescent.jpg

2023 08 28 3K Crescent.jpg

2023 08 28 3L Crescent.jpg

2023 08 28 3M Crescent.jpg

2023 08 28 3N Crescent.jpg

I put my camera back in its case and, while air-drying, I got out my Pizza Pops and had lunch right there, much more convenient than having to go back to the bike for it. I also got out my breathing hose from its nearby hiding spot underneath a spruce tree, in case I did make another breathing hose sink in mud that was thicker than last time, which could likely produce more farts and hisses this time! :twisted: I was happy to see how much more quickly I was warming up, and when I was nice and dry, I got dressed (stayed in bare feet), and also put on the jacket to help me warm up even faster.

To Be Continued...
Last edited by Boggy Man on Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

My August 28'th, 2023 Adventure, Part 4 (Click Here For The Beginning With More Pix)!

Now, it was time for me to start taking photos of the exposed mud around the pond, starting with the south end, while it was early in the afternoon, and the area was free of shadows. So, with the camera case on my neck, I headed southward, to where mud was exposed on the south end of the pond, having to be very careful where I stepped, so as not to get a leg swallowed by the mire between the grass. It was bouncy, and basically, a "treacherous" place to be hiking through! :twisted: I started taking photos of the exposed mud there, expanses that quaked when I walked on the floating mat of vegetation on its west side, and continued onward to the tiny pond on the south end of the clearing:

2023 08 28 3O Crescent.jpg

2023 08 28 3P Crescent.jpg

2023 08 28 3Q Crescent.jpg

2023 08 28 3R Crescent.jpg

2023 08 28 3S Crescent.jpg

To Be Continued...

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

My August 28'th, 2023 Adventure, Part 5 (Click Here For The Beginning With More Pix)!

Then, feeling warmer, I headed to the north side of the pond, to take photos of the exposed mud there!

2023 08 28 3T Crescent.jpg

2023 08 28 3U Crescent.jpg

2023 08 28 3V Crescent.jpg

2023 08 28 3W Crescent.jpg

2023 08 28 3X Crescent.jpg

To Be Continued...

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Return to “Photos”