BM's Boggy Adventure & BG Pix! Updated 11/5/'23!

Pictures that you took and want to share.
Boggy Man

Re: BM's Boggy Adventure BG Pix! Updated 8/8/'17!

Postby Boggy Man » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:54 am

My August 4'th Adventure, Part 4 (Click Here For The Beginning With More Pix)!

Here are more photos I took of the eastern pond with the lowest water levels I had seen in recent memory:

2017 08 04 3P Another Pond South Of Crescent East Of Other One.jpg

2017 08 04 3Q Another Pond South Of Crescent East Of Other One.jpg

2017 08 04 3R Another Pond South Of Crescent East Of Other One.jpg

While looking around and taking pix, I noticed that there were more fresh bear prints. After I finished taking the photos, I headed back, looking for where I had entered under the fence. I found a good spot, crawled under the fence, but wasn't low enough, and wound up scratching my back left waist on the barbed wire. :x I should have been more careful! I returned to my bike, and headed back towards my turnoff to my Crescent Road pond. I was a bit concerned about signs of cattle at the second pond, and could even hear some mooing to the south in the distance. I hoped that there wouldn't be any at my sinking spot. :? I was also a bit concerned about seeing a truck heading westward up the road while I was at the east pond with the barbed wire fence, which then turned around and headed back east. I hoped it didn't turn around to go up my sideroad! :shock: I figured that I might have to waste extra time to go to the end of the sideroad, where it terminated at the clearcut, to make certain that no one was up there. :x

To be continued...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:55 am

My August 4'th Adventure, Part 5 (Click Here For The Beginning With More Pix)!

When I went up the sideroad leading to my Crescent Road pond, I noticed that the weeds growing in the road, including pineapple weed, weren't disturbed at all, meaning that no one came up there! :D Feeling relieved, I walked my bike down the sidetrail and dropped it off beside trees beside the dry clearing north of the pond. I got my stuff out (swim goggles, insect repellent, etc.), and headed to my area, happy to see no cattle in the vicinity! :D The sinking spot looked thicker than ever, and the surface even had some cracks! :D It also had the look of a solidified lava field! I got out my breathing tube I hid nearby, and removed the barrier of sticks I had set up around my sinking spot, except for one I used for the camera. I then took some photos of the patch of ground that looked deceivingly solid:

2017 08 04 3S Crescent.jpg

2017 08 04 3T Crescent.jpg

2017 08 04 3U Crescent.jpg

2017 08 04 3V Crescent.jpg

2017 08 04 3W Crescent.jpg

I had felt the surface on the north side, feeling how the top layer was damp but firm. The crust was thickest around the sides because when I exited the mire, I would wind up dragging more sticky mud to the sides, making it higher and therefore thickened it more over the past week. It was getting late in the morning, around 11:30 am, but I didn't want to eat until after the video, because I found that sinking with a full stomach was extremely uncomfortable in the past, from the pressure of the mud on a full working stomach. :?

So now, it was time to get ready for my first video! :D I had decided on a scenario where I was in an area that locals were scared to be within miles of, because people mysteriously disappeared without a trace there. They believed the area to be haunted, and even scared tourists enough with their superstitious warnings to discourage them from coming anywhere near the area. So, I had place to myself, all pristine and untouched!

I changed into my junk shorts, mounted the camera on the Gorillapod, and was happy to see that I was able to attach it to the stick without any problems, even with two shorter tentacles! :D I picked out a tear-drop shaped raised spot in the mud as my target, centered it in the camera, returned to my things to put my glasses away, returned to the camera, clicked the record button, and did my thing! :D My talking to myself to explain the situation with the superstitious locals was still a little bit "stumbly", but I guess okay. :? When I jumped in, I landed waist deep, with the thick skin slowing down my sink quite nicely. After I finished submerging, I emerged my head and relaxed, catching my breath before submerging several more times in the thick mud. I felt cushioned all over, really enjoying things! :D It was still slightly cool, since it was still late morning. I did feel a bit uncomfortable when I was deep in the mud from my breakfast, the prime reason why I wanted to wait until after the sink before having lunch. I finally worked myself up, and out of the mire, wiping the sticky mud from my body back into the bog, which was firm on top and still gooey and sticky below. I cleaned my hands, stopped the recording, turned off the camera, went into the water, and cleaned my head and back. I was going to mush up the surface of the mud, and therefore didn't need to clean my front or my lower body.

To be continued...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

My August 4'th Adventure, Part 6 (Click Here For The Beginning With More Pix)!

I removed my junk shorts, and then returned to the mud to have a stimulating horizontal struggle on the eastern portion, facing south, the warm thick surface skin wrapping around my underside as my hands and knees and legs got sucked down. It felt great the way the warm solar-heated surface skin wrapped around me! :D

Once that was done, I then put my junk shorts back on, inserted a second stick into the grass south of my bog, but further back so that the camera could get a view of most of the bog, transferring the camera from the original stick to that stick, which was to the southeast of the first stick. I then pressed record, and shot a video of me crawling around on top of the entire patch of quaking, heaving, pulsating quagmire, mushing up the surface to make it all gooey, and homogenous. If I didn't do that, then the undisturbed portions would stiffen up too much with further water loss. Once I had the mud all mushed up and smoothed out, I exited, cleaned my hands, stopped the recording and turned off the camera. I returned to the water and cleaned up completely, including the junk shorts which I hung on alder branch. I had to remove more leeches from my body. I watched part of the videos, fast forwarding through them to save time and battery power. My scene and exit wound up exceeding 15 minutes, while my mushing-up scene was shorter. I took photos of the bog after it was all mushed up:

2017 08 04 3X Crescent.jpg

2017 08 04 3Y Crescent.jpg

I got dressed, headed to my bike, and noticed it was already after 2 pm! I had a late lunch, consisting of a couple of Pizza Pops and a Sweet'n Salty bar, but now had to wait a while for my food to digest before going back under the bog, this time with the breathing hose! I had to first return to the area beside my sinking spot where my things were to get my camera, and then had to pass the time by heading up the trail to the meadow with with a quaking bog in it. Ever since I did the bog mushing, I felt overwhelmingly exhausted and drained, but I hoped that I would feel better after a while. On the way down the trail, I saw at least 3 grouse around the trail, and took a couple of photos of one that stayed on the trail while the others seemed to stick to the bushes:

2017 08 04 3Z Grouse On Trail North Of Crescent.jpg

2017 08 04 3ZA Grouse On Trail North Of Crescent.jpg

To be continued...

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

My August 4'th Adventure, Part 7 (Click Here For The Beginning With More Pix)!

I left the trail, and managed to find the route through forest to the meadows. The area with the quaking bog had hardly any water left in it at all. It had lots of muddy areas. Carefully treading on the grass and trying not to get my shoes wet in the bouncy bog, I then took photos of the patches of mud:

2017 08 04 3ZB Meadow North Of Crescent.jpg

2017 08 04 3ZC Meadow North Of Crescent.jpg

2017 08 04 3ZD Meadow North Of Crescent.jpg

2017 08 04 3ZE Meadow North Of Crescent.jpg

2017 08 04 3ZF Meadow North Of Crescent.jpg

To be continued...

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:56 am

My August 4'th Adventure, Part 8 (Click Here For The Beginning With More Pix)!

Here is the continuation of the photos of bare mud I took in the bouncy bog:

2017 08 04 3ZG Meadow North Of Crescent.jpg

2017 08 04 3ZH Meadow North Of Crescent.jpg

2017 08 04 3ZI Meadow North Of Crescent.jpg

2017 08 04 3ZJ Meadow North Of Crescent.jpg

2017 08 04 3ZK Meadow North Of Crescent.jpg

To be concluded...

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:57 am

My August 4'th Adventure, Part 9 - Conclusion (Click Here For The Beginning With More Pix)!

And, one more photo of bare mud in the bouncy bog, with cotton grass in the background:

2017 08 04 3ZL Meadow North Of Crescent.jpg

After I got enough photos of the muddy spots, I headed back, overshooting my original entrance point at the trail a little bit too far west. I returned to my sinking spot, still feeling quite exhausted and drained! It was already around 4:30 pm, and the heat was starting to wane! I just hoped I had the strength and energy to do my thing, taking a brief rest in the grass! :?

I finally got up and changed, and got my camera set up. This time, I buried a good length of the breathing hose under the mud, with the ends sticking out, so that it would be hidden from the camera's view. I got the camera centered and zoomed in on the hose end, put my glasses away with my things, put my swim goggles on my forehead, pressed record, and jumped into my chosen target spot. I sunk myself down, pausing periodically to rest briefly because I was still feeling so beat. I put my swim goggles on and put the hose in my mouth, pulling it a bit through the mud closer to me. Pausing to rest several times, I slowly sunk myself under, until the cushiony softness encompassed my head. It was wonderful feeling the mud separate from parts of my head briefly as I exhaled, before it hissed or phlupped to the surface, totally surrounded/cushioned by doughy softness! :D I eventually worked myself down to around wrist depth again, which I wasn't certain if I could do, because of the increased thickness of the muck. I would raise my hands, and then slowly lower them, but I wasn't moving as actively as I did the previous week, due to me being tired. But, I felt comfortable breathing down there, which I was relieved about. There was a small piece of decaying sod that was suspended under the muck above my head, which may have rerouted my pockets of escaping breath around it, or even allowed some of the air to occasionally build up underneath it before letting loose to the surface. I noticed that the pockets of escaping breath seemed louder around my right ear than in my left ear when they passed by while I was tilting my head. I swayed and bounced a bit like before, but not as much, because I was still feeling drained and exhausted. But, it felt great being totally encompassed by the cushiony feel of the suffocating quagmire, the only thing keeping me alive being the hose! A few times, I had to push the hose further in my mouth, when it slightly shifted out, pinching the inside of my upper lip in the process of pushing it back further in. I then started using one hand to hold onto the hose while raising the other to the surface. I then reversed hands, before raising both hands back up to the surface again. Eventually, I started to feel like my breathing was being strained, so I decided to call it quits. I slowly worked myself up bit by bit, starting with lifting my feet, and then pushing up the rest of my body, the bubbles coming up easier. Then, I could start to see some light, and then my head finally emerged above the surface. I wiped the mud off my head and swim goggles, worked myself up higher, pushed more mud off, worked myself towards the edge and pulled myself to shore, pushing mud off my skin into the bog. I cleaned my hands, stopped the recording, and turned off the camera.

I headed into the water and cleaned my swim goggles, head and back, and my junk shorts. I hung my junk shorts and swim goggles on alder branches, crawled back onto the eastern side of the bog, facing south, and had another stimulating horizontal struggle, which took a little longer than I expected, because I was being bothered by flies biting my back each time I began to get my arms "stuck" in the sucking doughy morass. :x I should have sprayed insect repellent on my back before getting into the mud! I exited, smoothed the mud out, returned to the water, cleaned the breathing hose, cleaned my entire body, removed more leeches, air dried, removed more leeches, removed more leeches, dried off, put my breathing hose away in its hiding place, and took some final pix:

2017 08 04 3ZM Crescent.jpg

2017 08 04 3ZN Crescent.jpg

I put sticks back in around the north, west, and part of the south side of my bog, to create a barrier against cattle. I cleaned my legs, dried off, and skimmed through the video, noticing that it too, was longer than 15 minutes, which would create a problem with YouTube. :? I got dressed, gathered my things, and took couple of final looks at my bog, jumping on the grass on the edge to see it quiver. I would have loved to jump in again, but getting my clothes muddy would have been a nightmare to clean up! :shock: I put my things away on my bike, headed back down the road, having my supper on the way (two Pizza Pops and a Dipps bar). After the sink and cleanup, I realized that I had my energy back, not feeling as exhausted as earlier, but still worn out from the day's activities, which weren't going to be over until my dad picked me up in the valley bottom.

As I was coasting down the road, coming down towards the valley, a man heading up stopped by me and told me about a cougar sighting, and that off-road vehicles (atv's, motorbikes) were now prohibited due to dry conditions. Glad I use a bicycle, which is non-motorized! My dad picked me up in the valley, and drove me home.

This was one of my best days yet! :D The bog was thicker, my underbog sink was really enjoyable, and I got some more videos made! :D But, I was surprised at how worn out I got in the mid-afternoon! My timing for my sinks seemed to be a bit off a little, since my first session started in the late morning, before the heat of the day, and my second session started in the late afternoon/early evening, when the heat of the day was starting to wane. The gusts of wind didn't help things much, either, making me feel chilled faster. My previous adventures had little to no wind, and I was a bit more comfortable. But, at least the wind didn't interfere too much with the audio in my videos. While the biting flies were still annoying, they seemed to be not as bad as last time. Perhaps their season is finally past its peak! :) I was happy to have no leg cramps, although there was some tightness starting at times when sitting down in the vicinity of my sinking area and bending my legs, but repositioning/straightening my legs stopped it. I also noticed shortly before my dad picked me up, that my neck suddenly got hit with intense pain that shot up into my head! :shock: When I moved my head, it sounded like grinding sand in the back of my neck. Fortunately, within a couple of days, the pain settled down. I hope that my underbog sinks aren't putting too much stress on my neck! :shock: The last thing I need it to discover a brand new injury from doing my activities, on top of everything else! :x Hopefully, my neck muscles will get stronger with the exercise, and next week will be better. :? At least my abdominal muscle pain has been going down faster after each adventure, and hopefully I will continue to get stronger! :) There is less than a week left of the sunny, hot weather, before things start to cool off, and occasional rain showers begin. So, next Friday, August 11'th, my bog should be at its thickest, unless the showers are not too intense and the hot dry weather returns later on. I will have to see what happens!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Re: BM's Boggy Adventure BG Pix! Updated 8/20/'17!

Postby Boggy Man » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:37 am

After my last outing, I couldn't wait to go on my 4'th adventure before the hot, dry stretch of weather ended. Saturday, August 12'th, was the day! :D I wanted to go Friday, the day before, but it wasn't convenient for my dad, so I waited one more day, hoping that the forecasted showers and thunderstorms for late Saturday afternoon would hold off until after my bikeride. It hadn't rained in weeks, and hopefully it would hold off a little longer. :? Once again, it was all smoky and hazy, even in the mountains. The smoke had been persisting worse than ever for over a week, and I was concerned about it affecting the temperature of my bog and cleanup water. My neck still felt like it had grinding sand in it, still a little sore, making me uncertain about sinking under with a breathing hose, something I really wanted to do again, since the mud keeps on getting thicker and thicker all the time. :? But, I hoped that I could at least do some submersions, as long as I was careful. :? I had made my morning watering rounds of plants the night before, so I wouldn't have to before my bikeride. But, it was still delayed because I had discovered that a deer ate the 3 flowers and 2/3 of the flower buds off my "Starry, Starry Night" Rose Mallow Hibiscus plant, forcing me to break out the Skoot (animal repellent), and paint it onto the remaining flower buds as well as on our "Blue Rose Of Sharon" Hibiscus. :x

I was concerned that my dad might drop me off at a different sideroad, since he didn't like the condition of Crescent Road, as well as the steepness. If he had dropped me off at a different sideroad, it would have taken me a while to get to my spot from there, although that road was connected to the network of roads, including Crescent Road. I would have likely wound up more susceptible to leg cramps from the extra biking as well. :? But, I was relieved when my dad still dropped me off past the main climb at Crescent Road, at a bend, and I was on my way! :D I was a bit concerned about cattle, since the late summer is when cattle are bought up onto Crown Land for free-range grazing to allow them to put on weight for fall roundup and slaughter. I always worried about cattle getting into my bog, but I was happy to see no sign of cattle, though I thought I heard some mooing coming from somewhere. :? I saw tire tracks at the beginning of my sideroad, but nothing further up, which was a relief. There was no sign of cattle at my pond, either. :) I parked my bike in its usual spot, north of the pond, on the southwest side of a small clearing, beside some trees. I got my things out, put on sunscreen, and headed to my sinking area. I put my stuff aside, in the shade of some alders, and took photos of my bog, partially surrounded by sticks I used for keeping cattle out:

2017 08 12 4A Crescent.jpg

2017 08 12 4B Crescent.jpg

I then removed the sticks, except for the one I use for the mounting the Gorillapod/camera on, and then took more photos:

2017 08 12 4C Crescent.jpg

2017 08 12 4D Crescent.jpg

To be continued...

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:37 am

My August 12'th Adventure, Part 2 (Click Here For The Beginning With More Pix)!

More photos of my bog, with a frog!

2017 08 12 4E Crescent.jpg

2017 08 12 4F Crescent.jpg

2017 08 12 4G Crescent.jpg

2017 08 12 4H Crescent.jpg

To be continued...

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:38 am

My August 12'th Adventure, Part 3 (Click Here For The Beginning With More Pix)!

Frustrated at how the persistent smoke was filtering the sun, I wanted to wait a little bit for it to clear, since we were expecting a change in flow from northwest to south or southwest, which should flush out the smoke, and bring out the sun in its full strength before any clouds moved in later on. While waiting, I decided to head to the south end of the meadow, with the tinier pond, and take photos of the mud there, since the dropping water levels should have exposed more stuff. As I got to the south side of the main pond, north of the small pond, I was completely surprised to see mud exposed on the south end! :D I knew that the mud there was going to be soft and bottomless, but I wasn't prepared to try that out yet, since I wanted to focus on my thicker stuff, once things warmed up a little bit more. I hadn't seen mud exposed there in years! A new sinking spot to possibly exploit! :mrgreen: There was also thicker mud exposed between tufts of grass inland from that shoreline, which I had to avoid while stepping from grass clump to grass clump. I took some photos:

2017 08 12 4I Crescent.jpg

2017 08 12 4J Crescent.jpg

2017 08 12 4K Crescent.jpg

2017 08 12 4L Crescent.jpg

To be continued...

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:38 am

My August 12'th Adventure, Part 4 (Click Here For The Beginning With More Pix)!

After taking the photos of the newly exposed patches of mud, I headed to the other patch of mud exposed on the northwest side of the tiny pond on the south end of the meadow, some of which contains clay and a spring close to the higher ground:

2017 08 12 4M Crescent.jpg

2017 08 12 4N Crescent.jpg

2017 08 12 4O Crescent.jpg

2017 08 12 4P Crescent.jpg

2017 08 12 4Q Crescent.jpg

To be continued...

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Return to “Photos”