BM's Boggy Adventure & BG Pix! Updated 11/5/'23!

Pictures that you took and want to share.
Boggy Man

Re: BM's Boggy Backgrounds! Updated Oct 20'th, 2012!

Postby Boggy Man » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:50 am

On Friday, August 3'rd, I had my 5'th outing of the season, where I returned to the Crescent Road pond, hoping to do some sinking. But unfortunately, a recent cold front resulted in a cool northerly flow that day, and so I wound up spending the entire day waiting for things to warm up enough, which it just fell short of. :(

In the meantime, I explored a number of meadows in the area, north of my Crescent Road pond, some of which I had explored before in the past, but obviously not all. I had to pick my way around places that still had lot of water, left over from the very wet June. I had to pick my way through willows to get to some meadows, or between meadows, trying to avoid the water.

While exploring part of one meadow, I found one small but deep pond, surrounded by a quaking bog I didn't know about! :D It looked like there could be some deep, sinkable mud on the west side as well, which still needed a few more weeks to become exposed! :D However, I wasn't certain whether I would get around to trying it out, since I knew that my Crescent Road pond sinking spot would be far superior. :? But, if I feel that things get too risky sinking at the Crescent Road pond during hunting season, since it is just barely in view of a distant dirt road, perhaps I could try out this new area, since it is far from any roads! :) Since I didn't do any sinking that day, I had decided to at least shoot two videos of me making the quaking bog quake, and merged them together.

My Crescent Road pond quagmire, 15 days after my sinking left it covered with water. While water levels had dropped, you can see that there is still a little bit of water left in the middle:

2012 5A Crescent.JPG

One of the low wet muddy spots in one of the meadows I explored that was previously flooded:

2012 5B Meadow North Of Crescent.JPG

Another part of that wet muddy area in one of the meadows:

2012 5C Meadow North Of Crescent.JPG

A wetter part of that marshy area of the meadow:

2012 5D Meadow North Of Crescent.JPG

Just to the right of the previous pic:

2012 5E Meadow North Of Crescent.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Boggy Man on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:55 am

Continuation of the pix from Friday, August 3'rd:

Nice patch of mud in that same area:

2012 5F Meadow North Of Crescent.JPG

Another muddy patch in that area:

2012 5G Meadow North Of Crescent.JPG

Another nice muddy patch beside some water in a different area:

2012 5H Meadow North Of Crescent.JPG

A look at a part of a floating bog beside a small pond:

2012 5I Meadow North Of Crescent.JPG

Another part of the pond with floating bog. That muddy ground in the center isn't as solid as it looks:

2012 5J Meadow North Of Crescent.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Boggy Man on Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:59 am

The last of the pix from Friday, August 3'rd:

More of the floating bog, which is not that solid, especially on the brown part:

2012 5K Meadow North Of Crescent.JPG

A floating peaty edge of the floating bog:

2012 5L Meadow North Of Crescent.JPG

Another patch of mud on the floating bog:

2012 5M Meadow North Of Crescent.JPG

A final view of my Crescent Road pond sinking spot before I left. I had eliminated most of the water on top by stretching over and swishing it off with my hand(s), and tossing some globs of mud into the water I couldn't reach:

2012 5N Crescent.JPG

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Re: BM's Boggy Backgrounds! Updated Nov 24'th, 2012!

Postby Boggy Man » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:43 am

On Friday, August 17'th, I had my 6'th outing of the season, where I explored some other meadows even further north of the Crescent Road pond area, part of a cluster of meadows I had never explored before. While I encountered some muddy areas, it was generally shallow stuff, nothing compared to my Crescent Road pond. So then, I headed to the Crescent Road pond to do some sinking, including one I captured on video, perhaps one of my best ones yet (at least up to that point)! :D But, it has been requiring a bit of editing, which took a very long time due to me having to wait for when my parents were out of the house, and I couldn't work outside due to weather or darkness - two conditions that had to coincide with each other, which has been very sparse. :( I finally got the video out (3 parts) here, and here are the photos I took during this adventure (thanks, Dave, for removing my upload limit :) ):

First, here are a couple of pictures of some muddy spots in a big meadow I explored for the first time:

Taken at 10:36 am:
2012 6A Another Meadow.JPG

Taken at 10:37 am:
2012 6B Another Meadow.JPG

Now, here are pix from my Crescent Road pond:

Taken at 12:19 pm:
2012 6C Crescent.JPG

Taken at 12:19 pm:
2012 6D Crescent.JPG

Taken at 12:20 pm:
2012 6E Crescent.JPG
Last edited by Boggy Man on Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Re: BM's Boggy Backgrounds! Updated Nov 24'th, 2012!

Postby Boggy Man » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:47 am

Here are the rest of the pix from Friday, August 17'th, from the Crescent Road pond:

Taken at 12:21 pm:
2012 6F Crescent.JPG

One view of my favorite sinking spot, before all the fun :twisted: began (taken at 12:23 pm):
2012 6G Crescent.JPG

Another view of my favorite sinking spot, before all the fun :twisted: began (taken at 12:23 pm):
2012 6H Crescent.JPG

A final view of my favorite sinking spot after all the fun :twisted: was over :( , with the shadows getting longer (taken at 5:07 pm):
2012 6I Crescent.JPG

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Re: BM's Boggy Backgrounds! Updated Jan 11'th, 2013!

Postby Boggy Man » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:00 am

On Sunday, August 26'th, I had my 7'th outing of the season, where I decided to have an off-camera sink first to mush up the surface so that the videoed sink later in the day would be in mud that had no stiffer surface, instead being just as gooey on top as it was deeper down for a different appearance this time. But, the weather wasn't the warmest, with the sun going behind clouds again and again, so I never bothered submerging at all during any of the sinks. :( I sooooo badly wanted to go under!!!!! :( After my off-camera sink, I also found that the cleanup water was a bit on the cool side, which made cleanup a bit longer. After that, it took me a while to warm back up after that first sink and cleanup. So, when I did my on-camera sink, even though I never submerged this time, I really put on a show, where my struggles really showed off how treacherous and hard to escape the mud was (that is, if you don't know the proper technique for escaping thick, bottomless mud with nothing solid within reach)! :twisted:

When I first reached the area, I had to pass the time to wait for things to warm up. My Crescent Road pond turnoff is on the north side of Crescent Road. A little further westward up Crescent Road are some more marshy areas south of the road, which includes two beaver ponds. The water level in one was low enough to expose the mud there, and here is a picture of it, taken at 12:18 PM (too bad this fine-textured mud was in sight of the road, since I would have loved to try it out):
2012 7A Pond South Of Crescent.JPG

Afterwards, I returned to my sinking area. Here is a roughly overhead shot of my bog, with the surface stiffened, with some very tiny fragments drying out, taken at 12:41 PM:
2012 7B Crescent.JPG

Another view of my bog, taken at 12:41 PM:
2012 7C Crescent.JPG
Last edited by Boggy Man on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:05 am

My Sunday, August 26'th pix continued:

Here are a few pix of some other interesting looking areas around the pond:

Taken at 12:43 PM:
2012 7D Crescent.JPG

Taken at 12:44 PM:
2012 7E Crescent.JPG

Taken at 12:44 PM:
2012 7F Crescent.JPG

Here is a picture of my bog, after my first sink, with all the surface mushed up to give it the same consistency as the stuff below the surface, in preparation for my videoed sink. Taken at 3:23 PM:
2012 7G Crescent.JPG

And, here is the picture of my bog, at the end of the day, after my videoed sink. Taken at 4:42 PM:
2012 7H Crescent.JPG

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

cfitton1991

Postby cfitton1991 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:14 pm

want to to a flying elbow drop into that bog oh yeahh

General Woundwort

Postby General Woundwort » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:23 am

Beautiful pictures Boggy Man, thanks as always for sharing.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:13 am

I agree! I'm very tempted to sink an anime girl into that.... :D

Return to “Photos”