BM's Boggy Adventure & BG Pix! Updated 11/5/'23!

Pictures that you took and want to share.
Boggy Man

Re: BM's Boggy Backgrounds! Updated Jan 11'th, 2013!

Postby Boggy Man » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:46 am

I am glad to see that people like the pictures! :)

PM2K wrote:I agree! I'm very tempted to sink an anime girl into that.... :D

Feel free to sink as many as you like! :twisted:
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:20 am

Now that sounds like a challenge... :twisted:

schlamm

Postby schlamm » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:18 pm

Last edited by schlamm on Sun May 12, 2013 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:18 am

schlamm wrote:They are great BM and I for one appreciate them!
Only one technical request for future reference if you don't mind?
The scenes presented aren't as good sometimes as they could be if you shot them from a flatter angle with regard to the horizon. In other words looking down at a bog rather than across it isn't as user friendly for creating scenes. Easy way to determine the 'SCORE!' value is having at least some sky in the top of the shots :)
Please don't take this as a complaint or being ungrateful for what you've provided as that is most definitely not the intent

I will have to keep that in mind, although I tried to get many pix at a bit of an angle. Too much of a flat angle reduces the view of the mud surface, however. While I have 4 more sets of 2012 pix to post (one set ready to post tonight), which have angles similar to what I have been posting, I will try and get even lower views (or several angles) for my 2013 pix next season. 8-)

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Re: BM's Boggy Backgrounds! Updated Jan 23'rd, 2013!

Postby Boggy Man » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:39 am

On Friday, September 7'th, I had my 8'th outing of the season, where I first did some hiking around some other meadows before returning to the Crescent Road pond. But this time, all of my sinking was off-camera that day, with no videos taken at all. I wanted to really have some quality time sinking under the mire this time, and after I was done, it was too late for a videoed sinking session. I may have used the pvc breathing pipe this time, but can't seem to remember for certain, since it was months ago. But, due to the longer nights, shorter days and lower sun, the surface of the mire was moister, and wasn't stiffening up as much as before, making the undisturbed surface look quite similar to the freshly disturbed surface the last time I was there. There were some differences, including bird tracks. Anyways, here are the photos from that day:

First, pictures from meadow(s) I explored in an area north of the Crescent Road pond, to pass the time waiting for things to warm up nicely:

10:52 AM:
2012 8A Meadow North Of Crescent.JPG

11:27 AM:
2012 8B Meadow North Of Crescent.JPG

11:30 AM:
2012 8C Meadow North Of Crescent.JPG

Here are some pix of the mud exposed in a beaver pond south of Crescent Road, to the west of the turnoff to the Crescent Road pond, showing more mud exposed than last time from dropping water levels. I wish that it wasn't in full view of the road, since I would have loved to have tried it out:

12:20 PM:
2012 8D Pond South Of Crescent.JPG

12:20 PM:
2012 8E Pond South Of Crescent.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Boggy Man on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:48 am

My Friday, September 7'th pix continued, with more pictures of mucky, boggy spots, this time around my Crescent Road pond:

12:45 PM:
2012 8F Crescent.JPG

12:46 PM:
2012 8G Crescent.JPG

12:47 PM:
2012 8H Crescent.JPG

12:48 PM:
2012 8I Crescent.JPG

12:48 PM:
2012 8J Crescent.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Boggy Man on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:51 am

My Friday, September 7'th pix continued, with even more pictures from around my Crescent Road pond:

12:49 PM:
2012 8K Crescent.JPG

12:51 PM:
2012 8L Crescent.JPG

Finally, my sinking spot. Notice how the undisturbed surface is now wetter. Can't remember if any rain had occurred that might have made things wetter:

12:53 PM:
2012 8M Crescent.JPG

12:53 PM:
2012 8N Crescent.JPG

My sinking spot at the end of the day, shaded off by the lowering sun going behind the trees:

5:12 PM:
2012 8O Crescent.JPG
Last edited by Boggy Man on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:55 am

My Friday, September 7'th pix continued, with the final pic of the day, with my sinking spot all shaded off:

5:13 PM:
2012 8P Crescent.JPG

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

mud_boi

Postby mud_boi » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:18 am

Damn, that is some seriously sexy stuff...

Boggy Man

Re: BM's Boggy Backgrounds! Updated Feb 1'st, 2013!

Postby Boggy Man » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:25 am

On Wednesday, September 19'th, I had my 9'th outing of the season, where I finally had another on-camera dramatic submergence sink, thanks to me solving the problem of things being warm enough to sink deep, but were too cool to get my hair wet, especially during cleanup! :D I finally bought a latex swim cap at Wal-Mart (can't remember if I used it for my off-camera sink on my previous outing or not :? ), which kept my hair and most of my ears (except for the bottom of the ears) clean and dry! :D However, because it was so late in the season, the lower sun and shorter days resulted in finicky lighting, and shadows moving over my area earlier than I had hoped. :x I still did the best I could, and hope that I can correct for the poor picture quality of the original, which turned out looking like it was almost black and white, with high contrast (the photo taken from the same side was a bit lower than the height the video was shot from, and looked normal)! :x

I checked out a pond to the east of Crescent Road on the way up, which had liquid mud full of sticks, where I took a number of pix. I also explored a lake to the west of my Crescent Road pond, which I think was Crescent Lake, the lake the road was named after, unless it was another lake further to the north. :? But, I assume it was Crescent Lake, and also took a number of background pix there, as well as a video of my feet mushing up some clay which made interesting sounds, and also a short video for a lead-in to my main Crescent Road pond sink (I did 4 takes, to try to get the lead-in right). Anyways, here is the truckload of pix:

First, here are the pix from the pond with the liquid mud full of sticks, starting off with a cow skull, possibly a victim of the mud, which was then likely moved around by animals. :? I am increasingly tempted to try out that mud some day, regardless of the sticks, because that mud seems to beckon to me! :twisted: But, for cleanup, I may have to sit on a log that sticks out into water deep enough for cleanup, since the entire shallow pond is surrounded by the mud:

Shot at 10:14 AM:
2012 9A Liquid Mud And Sticks Pond.JPG

Shot at 10:19 AM:
2012 9B Liquid Mud And Sticks Pond.JPG

Shot at 10:21 AM:
2012 9C Liquid Mud And Sticks Pond.JPG

Shot at 10:22 AM:
2012 9D Liquid Mud And Sticks Pond.JPG

Shot at 10:24 AM:
2012 9E Liquid Mud And Sticks Pond.JPG

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Return to “Photos”