Pictures that you took and want to share.
poolshark

Postby poolshark » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:44 am

Last edited by poolshark on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poolshark

Postby poolshark » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:55 am

Last edited by poolshark on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poolshark

Postby poolshark » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:06 am

Last edited by poolshark on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joedeep130535

Re: Another batch for the ladies

Postby joedeep130535 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:15 am

Jealousy will get me nowhere!!!!!! but I wish it would get me into that qs looks soooo good

poolshark

Postby poolshark » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:53 am

Well, if you ever somehow manage to end up in northern ontario, drop a line and I'll show ya around 8-)

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:55 am

That is among the finest set of pics I've seen from any male sinker. Some of these are so hi-res I can see hairs on your head and small glints of mud.

(Nessie right-clicks and downloads madly.)

"Every Move I Make" (Picture 005) is a wonderful pose. It suggests that you are savoring the feel of that luscious mud as you sink in it! I assume you had a tripod. It's quite an art, isn't it? Getting pics, that is, when you can't actually see what's being shot.

(I've got SO much stuff I haven't shown because only half of me shows.)

Excellent job.

Nessie

poolshark

Postby poolshark » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:47 am

I did indeed use a mini tripod. It makes all the difference in the world when you can't hold the camera yourself. However, in order to achieve that angle, I also used a small log, about 6-8 inches thick. I mount the tripod on top of that in order to get that slight downward angle. I also used a different camera this time, apparently it takes much better quality pics then my last one. My original intent, going into this sink, was to take a video or two instead of photos. But for some reason they made this camera non-idiot proof and I could not for the life of me figure out how to take videos with it. So you'll have to just settle for pics for now, til I can get that cam figured out.
Glad to see you like them though...I hope I can get out one or more times before the cold(er) weather moves in. :D

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:10 pm

poolshark wrote:My original intent, going into this sink, was to take a video or two instead of photos. But for some reason they made this camera non-idiot proof and I could not for the life of me figure out how to take videos with it.

You did good. If you should get video, I'd love to see it, but either way, I do hope that you can at least get back out there. (Sinking's very important, pictures or not.)

Hey...for the low low price of fifteen bucks, this tripod is awesome. Everybody, look at this baby. Its legs wrap around stuff. Last clip I took ("Black and Cold"), it wasn't windy out and branches weren't moving, so I had that sucker sitting in a tree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3RdwkDkMHw

Nessie

undergrain1

Postby undergrain1 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:51 am

If you have a Future Shop in your town, ask them to show you to the Gorillapod camera holders.

I'm not supposed to "envy", but ohhh!!! I'd so enjoy sinking in that kind of stuff! No bottom felt, eh?

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:36 am

undergrain1 wrote:If you have a Future Shop in your town, ask them to show you to the Gorillapod camera holders.

I'm not supposed to "envy", but ohhh!!! I'd so enjoy sinking in that kind of stuff! No bottom felt, eh?

I use a gorillapod for my camera (at least when it was in working condition, and am now eyeing a new camera), and it worked really well for my videos! :D Just wrap its knobby tentacles around something, and if there isn't anything handy nearby, then wrap it around a pole and stick the pole into the ground. You then properly center the scene on the camera, and it is set! :D

Poolshark, that is quite a nice sinkhole you have there! :D I noticed that there were a number of sticks in the mud, and was wondering if you thought about removing them? That may improve your sinking experience there, unless the sticks were all outside that soft spot! :)
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Return to “Photos”