Pictures that you took and want to share.
poolshark

Re: Another batch for the ladies

Postby poolshark » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:09 pm

Boggy Man wrote:Poolshark, that is quite a nice sinkhole you have there! :D I noticed that there were a number of sticks in the mud, and was wondering if you thought about removing them? That may improve your sinking experience there, unless the sticks were all outside that soft spot! :)

It wasn't really as bad as it looked as far as the sticks are concerned, nothing that was overly bothersome. There were obviously, as there are in almost all spots, a few small sticks and whatnot, but certainly nothing that took away from the experience. The only problem here has been the weather, if its not rainy its cold...if its not cold its rainy. We've only had a handful of days in this area this year that I can actually say felt like summer. :(
Judging from the weather reports though, the BC area seems to have been hit with a pretty dry summer. How has the sinking been out there?

bart1997

Postby bart1997 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:34 pm

Last edited by bart1997 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:44 am

poolshark wrote:
Boggy Man wrote:Poolshark, that is quite a nice sinkhole you have there! :D I noticed that there were a number of sticks in the mud, and was wondering if you thought about removing them? That may improve your sinking experience there, unless the sticks were all outside that soft spot! :)

It wasn't really as bad as it looked as far as the sticks are concerned, nothing that was overly bothersome. There were obviously, as there are in almost all spots, a few small sticks and whatnot, but certainly nothing that took away from the experience. The only problem here has been the weather, if its not rainy its cold...if its not cold its rainy. We've only had a handful of days in this area this year that I can actually say felt like summer. :(
Judging from the weather reports though, the BC area seems to have been hit with a pretty dry summer. How has the sinking been out there?

We have had one of our warmest driest summers in a long time, or at least since 2003, and I have a couple of local mudbogs that are bottomless, and offer wonderful sinks, although the season is getting closer to the end. There are other places out of my regular range that also have exquisite mud, but they are out of my regular range. Lately, I have been going sinking once every 4 days, and now, the latest one will be just 3 days after the last one, before our weather takes a turn for the worst for a little while. Hunting season starts soon as well, with bow and arrow hunting for deer starting September 1'st, and on that day also starts deer hunting season for people under the age of 18. September 10'th is when the main hunting season begins for deer. So, I am going biking, hiking and sinking (want to focus on lots of vertical submergences) on the last day of August, to savor the last bit of seclusion as well as the last day of our latest warm stretch. After that, we might not be able to completely recover our heat due to the days getting too short and the sun getting too low. The forest fires aren't helping much either, with the valley being socked in with smoke that prevented us from heating up as much as we were supposed to, but I hope that it clears out for my bikeride, or at least be clearer up in the mountains.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

poolshark

Postby poolshark » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:01 am

Hi Bart,
This particular spot actually happens to be rather unique.
The area surrounding this spot is made up of fairly soft clay (about waist deep, in the best spots). This little spot though is almost like a soft spot surrounded by clay. It is about 4 ft. in diameter and is composed of what seems like a mix of clay and silt. The thing that makes this spot so unique though is that it seems to be fed by an underground spring.
If you look at my first batch of pics from before you'll notice that it looks like there are bubbles boiling up through the surface. I'm not sure where this water comes from exactly but I find the further down I sink the more watery it gets. It really is a fantastic sinking spot..the only drawback is that the water that bubbles up to the surface to make this such a great spot is pretty cold. Not cold to the point where you cant stand it, but certainly colder then all the other spots. With the way the mud is liquified, it makes sinking down over my head quite easy.
If you have more questions please ask.

bart1997

Postby bart1997 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:39 pm

Last edited by bart1997 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:27 pm

bart1997 wrote:... you Americans are really lucky with all this untouched nature with braided rivers and giant peat bogs

Nearly 25,000,000 sq. kilometers to search and we're just getting started. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:12 pm

QUICKCLAY?!? You found honest-to-goodness quickclay??? You lucky dog!

nachtjaeger dodges the stampede of quicksand girls

Wow- just think, we started with just Nessie, and now we have enough quicksand girls and happy quicksand ladies on the forum that someone could actually get trampled by getting between them all and Poolshark's sinking spot!

My to-do list:

1. Find a pool of quickclay
2. Train/diet down to pre-desk job weight
3. Get a new camera

poolshark wrote:Hi Bart,
This particular spot actually happens to be rather unique.
The area surrounding this spot is made up of fairly soft clay (about waist deep, in the best spots). This little spot though is almost like a soft spot surrounded by clay. It is about 4 ft. in diameter and is composed of what seems like a mix of clay and silt. The thing that makes this spot so unique though is that it seems to be fed by an underground spring.
If you look at my first batch of pics from before you'll notice that it looks like there are bubbles boiling up through the surface. I'm not sure where this water comes from exactly but I find the further down I sink the more watery it gets. It really is a fantastic sinking spot..the only drawback is that the water that bubbles up to the surface to make this such a great spot is pretty cold. Not cold to the point where you cant stand it, but certainly colder then all the other spots. With the way the mud is liquified, it makes sinking down over my head quite easy.
If you have more questions please ask.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

poolshark

Postby poolshark » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:14 am

[quote="nachtjaeger"]QUICKCLAY?!? You found honest-to-goodness quickclay??? You lucky dog!

nachtjaeger dodges the stampede of quicksand girls

Wow- just think, we started with just Nessie, and now we have enough quicksand girls and happy quicksand ladies on the forum that someone could actually get trampled by getting between them all and Poolshark's sinking spot!

My to-do list:

1. Find a pool of quickclay
2. Train/diet down to pre-desk job weight
3. Get a new camera quote]

They're gonna have to get in line and take turns. I think the most that this spot will sink comfortably is two, so they'll have to go one at a time. I say this of course because in order to use my lovely little spot, they gotta share with me :D

mud_boi

Postby mud_boi » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:41 am

Well, I know the ladies enjoyed these, but speaking as a gay male - I enjoyed them too. Keep em coming - even if it has to be next year.

My favs are the last three - HOT!!!

joedeep130535

Postby joedeep130535 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:00 pm

You so lucky! but how long did it take you to find this spot? I havn't found quick clay that deep but sort of the opposite-soft mud with sticky clay below so you can pull down into it. I've been neck deep but wouldn't want to go deeper without a tube as it takes time & effort to reverse your sink. When the girls have finished queuing I'd love a turn in your mudhole!!!!

Return to “Photos”