Possible return/ideas for more permanent land

Images and Videos generated within Second Life
sarahss96

Possible return/ideas for more permanent land

Postby sarahss96 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:14 pm

Hello everyone!
i'm thinking about returning once again and setting up some new land. and i'm sure all of you are tired of the constant dissapearances and re-appearances of my areas. I can't really afford to pay rent on land by myself all the time, and im also pretty tired of losing the work i put into my land. so im putting this out there to see how many people i might be able to get on board.

The land im looking at is L$2000 a week, i know its a bit pricy but its very large and has lots of available land impact, so i will be able to fit multiple skyboxes in aswell. i know someone here had an idea about paying $1 or so a month for group land. there is no ingame way to charge a monthly fee for land access so i would just be relying on donations. if 16 people donated $3.00 or L$500, or if 80 people donated $1.00 that would be roughly a month paid for.

If i do come back, i wont force anyone to pay to visit my land. and i will be paying whenever i can too of course.
Let me know if you would be willing to help out with this, or if you have any other ideas aswell.

Thanks! :D

dazedandamazed

Re: Possible return/ideas for more permanent land

Postby dazedandamazed » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:24 am

I think this is a recipe for failure.

I have seen many places use this sort of model for getting going, but a few months in, things start to dwindle... and then more.. and more...
People have this excuse or that excuse for why they cannot help this week, etc....

And then you lose all your work again as things close. I am not trying to be a downer, just relating what I have seen many times in SL. It can be depressing, but you can always try to ask someone who does have a parcel or sim of similar theme if you can help with designing part of it.

tl;dr
If you cannot self support your land 100%, don't have land. Donations are gravy, lessening the cost, but you have to be able to stand on your own without them for long term stability.

Green Heart

Postby Green Heart » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:28 pm

Perhaps get something smaller and cheaper to work with until you can support something larger. ^^

Ace

Postby Ace » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:04 pm

I'm actually fairly into the idea. Would using Patreon or something similar as a way to automate small donations be possible?

sarahss96

Postby sarahss96 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:43 am

dazedandamazed wrote:tl;dr
If you cannot self support your land 100%, don't have land. Donations are gravy, lessening the cost, but you have to be able to stand on your own without them for long term stability.

Yeah, i know. i can usually support my land for a good amount of time by myself but it doesnt last forever, i usually get a good amount of donations from people too. enough to pay for a few weeks of rent sometimes.

i am also looking into smaller, cheaper areas that i could keep up by myself permanently.

Ace wrote:I'm actually fairly into the idea. Would using Patreon or something similar as a way to automate small donations be possible?

im sure patreon would work, but id rather take lindens directly if at all possible instead of using another method. i think people would be more willing to get on board if they could just toss a few SL bucks instead of real money.

i probably have to give people some other reason than just "keep my land alive" to donate. maybe some VIP areas or something like that.
im still figuring everything out, so i might just ditch the donation idea all together.

T-elos

Postby T-elos » Mon May 21, 2018 4:01 am

I'm not up for this idea for a few reasons .. one being that the Sl quicksand community is pretty selfish from what ive seen .. most of them on there don't care about being friends or hanging out at a quicksand place .. its more of a "what can they use you for " most the time that's a quick sink after that they ditch you , or if you want to do a community sink they will ditch you to go and bang eachother elsewhere .
The second reason is .. the community is not very large either and not enough to make another place worth it .. either people are selfish and have their own land that is off limit to people and so .. it makes it pointless since the sinking is pretty much the same even if its on your own land or someone else's land .
And there's the third reason .. besides second life being expensive for land ownership people on there are not always the most .. mentally stable and so mass drama breaks out a lot and headache happen.
A better idea is maybe for people to open up a discord for people to hang out at and chat and such and that's free and involves more then just people on second life .

Being a ex land owner myself many times for quicksand second life places I have gotten out of it because its just a lot of wasted time.
Listening to the words of a stupid person is about like listening to useless noise, all it does is irritate you and drive you away ...it maybe why im so quiet.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Mon May 21, 2018 1:03 pm

The chat room at psychicworldjungleland.com is still in operation.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Mon May 21, 2018 8:42 pm

Fred588 wrote:The chat room at psychicworldjungleland.com is still in operation.

The chat room there can be used at any time and by anyone registered at quicksandland.com. As it is not heavily patronized the best approach is to schedule a visit amongst yourselves and just all show up at that time.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:49 am

Man, even virtual real estate is overpriced these days,.... :lol:
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Return to “Second Life”