When are we gonna get new quicksand content?

Images and Videos generated within Second Life
OBI-wan

Re: When are we gonna get new quicksand content?

Postby OBI-wan » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:38 pm

Whenever you decide to create some, I guess.
"Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Mudbogz

Postby Mudbogz » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:46 am

As far as I know, Quicksand Cove, which is managed by my friend Dilynrae Vandyke is possibly the longest running Quicksand Spot in SL. I remember when her original QS Cove closed and Toy offered the current location. I haven't been in in ages (My avatar is Pendragon Ihnen). I know Dily went out of her way to populate the current Cove with all sorts of pits, traps and surprises, the location of which are dictated by the walkway that was in place when she initially built Quicksand Cove there.

She obtained the pits and traps out of pocket, asking only that tips go to the Owner of the land, Zi Ree (A tip jar is at the TP point) to help defray some of the cost of maintaining the land. I remember the first quickand in SL... the dreaded platform Quicksand... and places like Hilltop Quicksand and a few other places that I can't remember the name of but aren't there anymore.

As has been stated, running a quicksand location in SL isn't cost free... you have to rent the land and obtain the pits and landscaping items to make it look more natural. I have to hand it to anyone who has followed Dily down the path and put up their own quicksand location.

ReconIsUseless

Postby ReconIsUseless » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:31 am

Musekal wrote:
ReconIsUseless wrote:
Fred588 wrote:
ReconIsUseless wrote:Just a general question I have been itching to ask the community when will we get new content and is anyone planning on doing it?

Just what sort of content are you seeking?

New locations I have been going to every quicksand related locations I can think of and it starts to become repetitive.

The various mud and quicksand pits in SL cost real money as does the monthly rent on the land anyone has graciously set up for you to play in.

If you want more locations you're going to have to spend your own money and create them.

There are actually quite a lot of locations but most are private and and the owners do not like the locations being shared.

Thanks for the feedback I really understand the real life implications this has after researching how much it would cos.t

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:36 pm

ReconIsUseless wrote:
Musekal wrote:
ReconIsUseless wrote:
Fred588 wrote:
ReconIsUseless wrote:Just a general question I have been itching to ask the community when will we get new content and is anyone planning on doing it?

New locations I have been going to every quicksand related locations I can think of and it starts to become repetitive.

The various mud and quicksand pits in SL cost real money as does the monthly rent on the land anyone has graciously set up for you to play in.

If you want more locations you're going to have to spend your own money and create them.

There are actually quite a lot of locations but most are private and and the owners do not like the locations being shared.

Thanks for the feedback I really understand the real life implications this has after researching how much it would cos.t

There is no free lunch. Sometimes you can get someone else to buy you lunch but if you keep doing that too long you generally get ut on a diet.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:23 am

Fred588 wrote:
ReconIsUseless wrote:
Musekal wrote:
ReconIsUseless wrote:
Fred588 wrote:

There is no free lunch. Sometimes you can get someone else to buy you lunch but if you keep doing that too long you generally get ut on a diet.

There *is* free lunch for schoolkids in Kansas.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:42 pm

SOMEBODY is paying for those lunches. ;) Nothing is free. Even dying will cost ya big these days. 8-)
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Kinky Desires

Postby Kinky Desires » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:38 pm

Mudbogz wrote:As far as I know, Quicksand Cove, which is managed by my friend Dilynrae Vandyke is possibly the longest running Quicksand Spot in SL. I remember when her original QS Cove closed and Toy offered the current location. I haven't been in in ages (My avatar is Pendragon Ihnen). I know Dily went out of her way to populate the current Cove with all sorts of pits, traps and surprises, the location of which are dictated by the walkway that was in place when she initially built Quicksand Cove there.

She obtained the pits and traps out of pocket, asking only that tips go to the Owner of the land, Zi Ree (A tip jar is at the TP point) to help defray some of the cost of maintaining the land. I remember the first quickand in SL... the dreaded platform Quicksand... and places like Hilltop Quicksand and a few other places that I can't remember the name of but aren't there anymore.

As has been stated, running a quicksand location in SL isn't cost free... you have to rent the land and obtain the pits and landscaping items to make it look more natural. I have to hand it to anyone who has followed Dily down the path and put up their own quicksand location.

Well this post has opened my eyes to what SL actually IS! I was under the delusion that SL was just a piece of software for creating lifelike 'people' and putting pictures of them over certain backgrounds or creating animations of them. I basically thought it was something like Daz3D I had no idea that its was 'literally' a second life and you could use it to visit virtual locations and meet others who are also visiting the same location in real time! :o

I occasionally view the submissions here, but until now SL is something I have largely ignored. I'm going to have to check it out when I get time, and when I do I'm sure quicksand cove will be the first place I'll be visiting! :lol:

Kinky Desires

Postby Kinky Desires » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:58 pm

OK so I finally got around to trying out SL today, and I must say of the few locations I've visited Quicksand cove is by far the best of them, it's absolutely amazing!!! Some of those traps (espcially the plant-based ones like the venus flytrap and the trumpet plant) took me ages to figure out how to escape from them but I finally managed it! :P :mrgreen:

Mudbogz

Postby Mudbogz » Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:30 am

I did the video for Dily in her original Quicksand Cove many moons ago... You can still find it on you tube... Just look for Bad day at Quicksand Cove... Those were the earlier days of Second Life before the graphics and everything got much much better.

Dily still pops into the Cove to check things out once or twice a week to ensure that everything is working correctly. She enjoys knowing that everyone has fun using something she created (in conjunction with Toy Wylie in it's current state). I'll let her know that you've enjoyed yourself at the Cove. She'll be happy to hear it.

Mudbogz

Kinky Desires

Postby Kinky Desires » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:57 pm

Found the video, and yes I see what you mean about the graphics compared to now!

I've been on SL practically every day lately and have visited the Cove most days, but I haven't met Dily yet. Hopefully I will one day!

I've purchased (among other things) a Supergirl outfit for my avatar, and some rope and tape mummification bindings, which both have the ability to be coloured green to make them look like they're infused with kryptonite :twisted: I have, of course, already used the above items combined with quicksand pits in the Cove and similar areas to recreate a more extreme version of the video I comissioned from Jim which is featured in my profile picture here! :D

I'll do it again soon, and I'll see if I can grab some video and post to Youtube - or at least take some screenshots to post here :)

Return to “Second Life”