Viridian's AI Experiments

Artificial Intelligence is here! Really! Anything created with AI assistance, including stories, should be posted here.
Viridian

Re: Viridian's AI Experiments

Postby Viridian » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:24 pm

Another AI photo set. I'm rolling some of my process back. The problem with progression is that AI photography is a little TOO good, especially when using AI upscaling and Hires Fixer tools. The fault is that they fix all the imperfections that might photography realistic, whereas the current AI models are getting better at including blemishes,such as irregular faces, skin moles and sweat. The use of film grain prompts also adds a fuzzy look that AI removes to make perfect studio photos.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

cerberus

Postby cerberus » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:36 pm

They're going to displace a lot of mud, aren't they! Nice fun set.
Cerberus

Johnny Dowd: Be content with your life. It may not get any better!

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:14 pm

Bringing some old sets up to date. Here's a comparison through the year.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:39 am

I went on a massive update spree and remastered virtually all of my AI images. Here's a set of five.

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:27 am

Another updated set.

Theo

Postby Theo » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:31 am

Missed these somehow, nice sets Viridian! :P
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:21 pm

A slight update to one my tools has made a few more things possible. Here are some re-imagined versions of the traps that Susan has triggered in her desert expeditions.

As a bonus, RunwayXL has made significant updates to their tools, and it seems the rendering software is getting better at maintaining cohesion.

sixgunzloaded

Postby sixgunzloaded » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:11 pm

Love these! Far more realistic than anything 3D can do. It's difficult to pick a favorite here, so I won't! I'll just say "Thank you" and enjoy them all!
When you say, 'maintaining cohesion', are you saying it's essentially able to do a consistent story line now? With the same character and setting and everything?
How long did Tarzan watch before deciding to save Jill..?

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 am

sixgunzloaded wrote:When you say, 'maintaining cohesion', are you saying it's essentially able to do a consistent story line now? With the same character and setting and everything?

No, at least not yet. Its not yet possible specifically train one character model on Stable Diffusion tools. You have to deal with the "close enough" effect. You also can't use key frames to make the AI animation tools smoothly blend in motion.

By "cohesion", I mean the output has less of a tendency to morph, which was a huge problem. The entire scene would suddenly transform into a completely different scene because the AI picked up the wrong visual cues, so someone's face might turn into a grotesque monster, or an arm might turn into a plus-sized woman. RunwayXL has expanded its custom motion brushes so that you can isolate specific sections and control their direction and scale, which also largely prevents the unwanted morphing.

cerberus

Postby cerberus » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

Viridian wrote:
sixgunzloaded wrote:When you say, 'maintaining cohesion', are you saying it's essentially able to do a consistent story line now? With the same character and setting and everything?

No, at least not yet. Its not yet possible specifically train one character model on Stable Diffusion tools. You have to deal with the "close enough" effect. You also can't use key frames to make the AI animation tools smoothly blend in motion.

By "cohesion", I mean the output has less of a tendency to morph, which was a huge problem. The entire scene would suddenly transform into a completely different scene because the AI picked up the wrong visual cues, so someone's face might turn into a grotesque monster, or an arm might turn into a plus-sized woman. RunwayXL has expanded its custom motion brushes so that you can isolate specific sections and control their direction and scale, which also largely prevents the unwanted morphing.

This is the same for SD as well. I suppose you could train a LORA for a specific face and use that in the prompt to get consistency, but I'm not sure how well that would work. At least with the EpicRealism model you do get quite a lot of consistency with faces. Clothing, well, that's a different matter, I think you did well to get those three images so consistent.

It sounds as though the animation tool you are using has AnimateDiff at the back of it, I experienced the same problem you've been getting. In Automatic1111 you can see what is going on though. AnimateDiff will generate a max of 32 frames, the problem is, it will use one seed for the first 16 then change to a different (but close) seed for the second 16! I can't find a way to stop this and suspect it may be deliberate to stop people doing too much with it. The other issue I found was that you could find a nice seed to use as a starting point and specify that, but it wouldn't use it. I read somewhere that it takes your seed and picks one within about 100 of it to use.

All very frustrating. Still, I'm watching your results with interest, at some point I may wish to switch to SDXL, but at the moment I've still got a lot to experiment with on SD and don't want to change too much at once.

PS: I sent you a private message, if you are like me you don't get many so may not have noticed.
Cerberus

Johnny Dowd: Be content with your life. It may not get any better!

Return to “AI Creations”