Midjourney AI pictures

Artificial Intelligence is here! Really! Anything created with AI assistance, including stories, should be posted here.
bogbud

Re: Midjourney AI pictures

Postby bogbud » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:37 am

Both of you do a great job and your results are marvelous. That Midjourney is more photorealistic and i like that more by myself. Also the "mud" looks more real and just like in a real location. The ripples Viriadian adds, are not realistic, but are well fitting for the anime-styled pictures his AI generates.

What i'm missing so far, is a certain feeling of real stuckness. I did search my archives and these here are some screenshots that transport this feeling and desperation (of Leila and Sarah-Michelle :D ) better. This is a thing, AI cannot recreate (yet...?)
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

John Junkman

Postby John Junkman » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:54 pm

I've spent couple hours trying to place a model waist deep in the lake. No way! :evil: "Waist deep", "partially submerged", "half submerged", "stepping in", "entering", "wallowing", all these prompts resulted in either model is fully/neck-deep in the water or is mostly above the surface. Any suggestions how to specify the depth of submersion in the prompt? :roll:
Woman_partially_submerged_in_lake_28f1ae79-b8b5-474a-b7ca-5d013cf8141e.png

Woman_standing_waist_deep_in_the_lake_95751557-c875-40c8-b82e-5e8f8bebb872.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

John Junkman

Postby John Junkman » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:46 pm

bogbud wrote:What i'm missing so far, is a certain feeling of real stuckness. I did search my archives and these here are some screenshots that transport this feeling and desperation (of Leila and Sarah-Michelle :D ) better. This is a thing, AI cannot recreate (yet...?)

Well, MJ definitely has some knowledge of emotions shades. They are even somehow manageable, at least in comparison with depth of submersion :lol:
Very_tense_woman_in_overalls_hopelessly_stuck_i_5f5635f2-8db3-4a01-ad12-91d193f106e5.png

Beautiful_assertive_woman_in_overalls_energetical_fd845f47-df34-4aec-afbf-5df8bdf88493.png

Beautiful_desperated_woman_in_overalls_struggling_ccc45c2b-8492-4504-ad2d-f06db863c38e.png

Crying_beautiful_woman_in_overalls_crawling_throu_84ce2916-ab17-4a7e-a4f4-2ca6625a2963.png

Tense_woman_in_overalls_hopelessly_stuck_in_the_40237857-3fac-46eb-904a-9a6654f641c0.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:58 am

John Junkman wrote:I've spent couple hours trying to place a model waist deep in the lake. No way! :evil: "Waist deep", "partially submerged", "half submerged", "stepping in", "entering", "wallowing", all these prompts resulted in either model is fully/neck-deep in the water or is mostly above the surface. Any suggestions how to specify the depth of submersion in the prompt? :roll:

Again, not familiar with MJ prompts, but commenting on AI in general based on my NovelAI experience. "Submerged" and its synonyms are typically associated with water, not mud/quicksand, so using them is likely to bring up water. I always use "partially submerged in mud" to at least get something, and put "no water" or a negative prompt to try to get rid of the association. Try other earthy-synonyms, such as "buried". In general, however, the AI doesn't recognise the concepts we have of "waist-deep" or "stepping in", so it can be very challenging to control depth.

However, this is where you can "trick" the AI. The AI will make more of an effort to feature prompts that you include, and exclude negative prompts. With NovelAI at least, adding tags like "face" or "detailed hair" will often force headshots, so the subject might be submerged up their torso or necks to get this right, and adding negative prompts like "legs" will make it less likely to spawn a picture that has legs, which means more likelihood of being immersed deeper.
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

John Junkman

Postby John Junkman » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:50 pm

Viridian wrote:
John Junkman wrote:I've spent couple hours trying to place a model waist deep in the lake. No way! :evil: "Waist deep", "partially submerged", "half submerged", "stepping in", "entering", "wallowing", all these prompts resulted in either model is fully/neck-deep in the water or is mostly above the surface. Any suggestions how to specify the depth of submersion in the prompt? :roll:

Again, not familiar with MJ prompts, but commenting on AI in general based on my NovelAI experience. "Submerged" and its synonyms are typically associated with water, not mud/quicksand, so using them is likely to bring up water. I always use "partially submerged in mud" to at least get something, and put "no water" or a negative prompt to try to get rid of the association. Try other earthy-synonyms, such as "buried". In general, however, the AI doesn't recognise the concepts we have of "waist-deep" or "stepping in", so it can be very challenging to control depth.

However, this is where you can "trick" the AI. The AI will make more of an effort to feature prompts that you include, and exclude negative prompts. With NovelAI at least, adding tags like "face" or "detailed hair" will often force headshots, so the subject might be submerged up their torso or necks to get this right, and adding negative prompts like "legs" will make it less likely to spawn a picture that has legs, which means more likelihood of being immersed deeper.

I've specified intentionally the "lake" not the "swamp" in that session, to find out how to put model at waist deep into any substance. Regarding "no legs" option / portraits - interesting point, will try it. BTW, looks like this is MJ-specific issue. I've tried several other AIs, and they easily processed the prompt with "waist deep": "beautiful woman hopelessly stuck waist deep in the marsh energetically struggling, photorealistic style". Here are couple of samples:
Funko diffusion.png

OpenJourney 2.png

Regarding "no water" tag - yes it works, but not in the way it's expected ) Water is removed literally, leaving empty hole/ditch or field :lol: I've tried dozens of times with the same results:
Beautiful_woman_waist_deep_in_bog_6b7274ab-3280-4969-8c39-84984c784ea4.png

Beautiful_woman_in_waders_sink_in_peat_waist_deep_ac66a7fc-9518-4ae5-b1dc-0e5380328576.png

Regarding "buried" - I've tried it too, and no thanks ) MJ immediately kills the model by this word :roll:
Beautiful_woman_buried_in_marsh_1e644218-dfe1-4d90-907b-8edaa4b6ac91.png

John Junkman

Postby John Junkman » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:06 pm

Also I've tried to use sample photos kindly provided above by Bogbud (I guess this is Leila / DIDVP) together with the prompt "beautiful woman in overalls stuck and struggling in quicksand" and it worked. So MJ has some "knowledge" of the quicksand substance and "concept" of waist-deep depth. The open question is how to build such scenes by pure prompts :roll:
Beautiful_woman_in_overalls_stuck_and_struggling_9bcc696a-4b0b-451f-a781-7a3427b397ec.png
Beautiful_woman_in_overalls_stuck_and_struggling_884f57e0-30ab-4c7a-a8b7-9115c296e79e.png
Beautiful_woman_in_overalls_stuck_and_struggling_e737ffe4-241f-4953-a305-d4716646fffa.png
Beautiful_woman_in_overalls_stuck_and_struggling_in_20bdd56c-5b1e-45c7-a0cc-27ca627181ad.png

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:25 pm

Oh wow, those last pics are awesome and exactly my cup of tea. The mud looks also much more real here.

And it's Leila Hazlett in really serious UK-mud. She did need a rescue in the end...
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:22 am

In the second-last picture, while I know that it is a tire in the background, it is fun to imagine that it is a tentacle rising from the mud, soon to wrap itself around the creature's next meal! :twisted:
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

redjak6t4

Postby redjak6t4 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:09 pm

Hello John.

I agree with bogbud. You've cracked the problem of creating believable muddy surfaces using MJ. Now, instead of looking watery it's clearly opaque, realistically coloured, able to show reflected sunlight and also textured just like the real thing. These are significant advances made in just a short time. Well done!

Redjak.

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:08 am

A couple of updated attempts using Stable Diffusion
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

Return to “AI Creations”