Pleasurable Sinking: Attention All Storytellers

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
velocity88

Pleasurable Sinking: Attention All Storytellers

Postby velocity88 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:08 am

Disclaimer: If this belongs in the General Discussion section, then I will move it there without a fuss.

Please forgive me, as this is just one quicksand fan’s personal preference and says nothing of the other, high-quality quicksand stories that we have seen here. However, since the last few years, we have had a dearth of the type of quicksand story that I have always liked: where the victims sink into quicksand willingly, even happily, and submerge without a struggle, perhaps even enthusiastically going under with no intention of trying to get out. Yes, it is unrealistic (a recurring complaint), but that is what makes it fiction. 8-)

That aside, in the last couple of years (yes, after the departure of our universal friend, God rest him), we have had maybe a couple of willing stories, even fewer where the victims stay under. I just wanted to ask: are we that averse to those kinds of stories here? These are just my own two cents, but if any authors here are wondering if someone else likes those types of stories, then be assured that you have my vote, and I would LOVE to see them!!! Are there people who are willing? Anyone have thoughts to share on the subject? Story ideas, for that matter? What will it take to see more of this on QSF?!?!?!?!?!?! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hope to see what anyone has to say on the subject. Cheers.

DJlurker

Re: Pleasurable Sinking: Attention All Storytellers

Postby DJlurker » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:11 am

While I don't mind reading 'pleasurable QS death' stories on occasion, I've never felt comfortable writing a QS story where the sinker loses their life, willingly or otherwise. Probably because like you said, it doesn't make much logical sense to throw your life away like that. :?

I have written stories where the victim(s) have gone under willingly, but they always have a way of escaping afterward... mostly so I can write further stories in the future about their sinking exploits. :twisted: Anyway, that's my two cents.

ghostofmyeyes

Postby ghostofmyeyes » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:08 pm

Grim stories in general seem to be the exception and not the rule, and total willingness grim even more so. I've written a couple half-baked stories I haven't shared in which the characters surrender to taking pleasure in their deaths, but only after some fearful, futile struggle -- their attraction to the quicksand and what it ultimately means to do to them is always mediated and held back by fear, until they have no choice but to surrender. That's where my interests take me.

I can imagine how frustrating it might be to have all these stories filled with fear and tension. The poor quicksand is being rejected all the time. It's probably as frustrating as it is for me to read all these stories where the characters can just swim out of the 'quicksand' any time they want, or always have friends with ropes just around the corner. Tease-and-denial.

What can we do but create the content we want to see in the world? A few decades ago, most of us would have felt quite alone in our fantasies, and now we have the chance to experience how others can come close, but never quite match our fantasies. At least we have each other to riff off of.

cbqdbq

Postby cbqdbq » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:20 pm

willing sumbersion and death is an extreme fantasy that none of us dare to actualy intent on doing (and which is suposed to be impossible because of science and physics). but it is a powerful fantasy and it is mainly what I like to write and read.

i think of it like a powerful experence of physcal sensesations. and the quicksand gaining total power over the sinker as he thinks of what is hapening to him and what will hapen to him after which is to be absorbed and asimilated by the quicksand. i especally think a person wanting this would go in naked to maximize the experence.

So i respect those who prefer stories of rescue or to be unwilingly swalowed by quicksand, but i do enjoy the idea of the person who goes in to discover what it is like and is wiling to risk losing his life in it.
cbqdbq
compeled by qs, demies by qs

Athkore

Postby Athkore » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:42 pm

I agree, such stories can be fantastic and they don't have to be realistic. We can appreciate them without being crazy people in real life. ;) I remember couple of them, such as "Sinking Field Trip", in which although the ending was grim, there was no notion of fear in them, it was casual and rendered well. Go on with your ideas, we need all types of inspiration !

Catnipfart

Postby Catnipfart » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:44 pm

Personally I've always enjoyed stories of girls eagerly engaging in their own destruction.

Chro_Zarco

Postby Chro_Zarco » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:23 am

I still have a private collection of stories lifted from the Black Squirrel Quicksand Library that all feature willing, grim submersion scenes, and a lot of the early archived work for quicksand videos that featured submersion cut to black after the actor/actress went under. Since those were the scenes that drew me in, I have a strong feeling my personal preference is to see more of the intentional/willing submission to quicksand with grim ending.
I rather think that the red and black really suits me, don't you think?

Person 5

Postby Person 5 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:57 am

I agree. Pleasure stories are my favorite. I find the sinkers vanishing into the mud willingly a lot hotter than ones unwillingly. The sinkers want to sink deeper, and they want to go under (plus, it increases the likelihood of nude sinks. XP). I definitely think we could use more around here. :P

PS. Velocity, when it comes to pleasurable stories, I tend to reread your in particular! They're just so darn good! Excellent writing, man. :)
My DA! With other 1000 sinking pics!
http://personsix.deviantart.com/

doltonutani

Postby doltonutani » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:53 pm

I've had a lot of ideas on this subject but never gotten around to actually writing them sadly, I certainly would like to see more though myself.

I've never really been too bothered by the "realism" side of things, particularly when the subject matter of deadly mud is fairly unrealistic in its own right. For me it's that exact subversion of natural human instinct that I enjoy about it, someone who is so enthralled by their own sexual desires that they're willing to go so far as to sink to their death to realise them, it goes against what most would consider rational behaviour and that's what I like about it. I honestly love nothing more than a character who makes the fully informed choice to go all the way due to them feeling the moments of pleasure make trading their lives for it worth it, or alternatively being so dedicated to another person that they're willing to let themselves sink just for someone elses momentary pleasure

cbqdbq

Postby cbqdbq » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:16 am

Velocity88, i write storeys from a first person perspective about willing sinking with no struggle. if you want one or two, i would send you them but i am not able to send you anything maybe because of my limited access to this communty.
cbqdbq
compeled by qs, demies by qs

Return to “Stories”