Das Moor - Jasmina Neudecker - f - watery sink

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
MichaelL_Photo

Das Moor - Jasmina Neudecker - f - watery sink

Postby MichaelL_Photo » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:30 am

I was watching some German nature documentaries, came across this one:

https://www.zdf.de/dokumentation/terra- ... r-100.html

Features a female biologist, Jasmina Neudecker, exploring the moors of Germany (Deutschland). In the first six minutes of this 17 minute video, you see her explore a muddy moor at night (no sinking), and then get in waders and walk into a watery ditch, sinking up to her waist - rather good cinematography. No real quicksand/mud here, but...well, I'll let each of you be the judge.

This was released in May of this year. There is nothing beyond the 6 minute mark that folks here will likely want. That said, this documentary was quite interesting, from a science/nature point of view. The dialog is in German, fyi. Ich spreche Deutsch.

Enjoy.

Michael
Soft Dangers Visual Productions
michaelleachphoto@gmail.com

beachbum

Re: Das Moor - Jasmina Neudecker - f - watery sink

Postby beachbum » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:35 pm

The fact that she was stuck and needed help was nice, and not bad for a real life unexpected sink.

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:57 pm

Very nice find!

Although it's "only" a ditch she shows and also tells about the dangers of a bog. According to her the water is only about a foot deep. Below that the thick, cold (and sucking) mud starts. As she is a first time sinker it's totally plausible she did get stuck and started to drive herself deeper in almost at once.
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Beast260

Postby Beast260 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:38 pm

love the sounds as she sinks deeper. as much as its water over the top, you can start to see her fear in her eyes as she tries to get out.
Cant beat a genuine stuck vid.

Return to “Nuggets”