The Goldilocks Experiment

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
Theo

The Goldilocks Experiment

Postby Theo » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:50 pm

An experienced Sinker becomes a little too obsessed with creating the perfect mixture of quicksand to sink herself in.

Not a sequel to my first story, “A Backyard Experiment” (perhaps someday), but I guess you could say it’s a “spin-off.” Originally written in the summer of 2020, I at first thought it was too short (1,500 words) and too similar to my first story to be worth posting. But then, a few months ago, I suddenly came up with some new ideas. So, I set out to rewrite it, and the result was an almost all new 7,600 word story (I think I only used 500 words from the original lol).

Please enjoy and let me know what you think, and as always, thank you for taking the time to read my story!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Chimerix

Re: The Goldilocks Experiment

Postby Chimerix » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:56 pm

That's a lovely story! Definitely a fun twist on the "be careful what you wish for" theme.
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Theo

Postby Theo » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:22 am

Chimerix wrote:That's a lovely story! Definitely a fun twist on the "be careful what you wish for" theme.

Thank you Chimerix, happy to hear you enjoyed it! My idea exactly :)
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

duuudeization

Postby duuudeization » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:31 am

That was seriously intense
Its all about peace and love and good happiness stuff

Theo

Postby Theo » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:14 pm

duuudeization wrote:That was seriously intense

In a good way I hope ;) Thanks duuudeization!

Bookishworm

Postby Bookishworm » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:17 pm

This just might be your best story yet, great job! Just curious, why do you put your stories in PDF instead of posting them directly to the website? I can’t wait for your next story!

Theo

Postby Theo » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:43 pm

Bookishworm wrote:This just might be your best story yet, great job! Just curious, why do you put your stories in PDF instead of posting them directly to the website? I can’t wait for your next story!

Thank you so much Bookishworm! Naturally I like all my stories, but I especially enjoyed thinking up and writing this one (or maybe I just especially like whichever story I happen to working on lol).

I prefer PDF because I have more creative control over the story’s appearance and I like giving it a more “bookish” feel, no pun intended ;) Over the years I’ve gotten pretty comfortable and proficient working with Word and I like being able to do things like change the font, add pictures and text boxes wherever I want etc. I did text boxes in a few stories like “Pin Pointing A Secret” where the characters were texting back and forth, “The Road She Shouldn't Have Traveled” where there’s a little newspaper snippet at the end, and there’s a future story where I want to change the font in one part. And then of course, there’s “The Shifty Sands” that was illustrated as well as some future stories that may be at least partly illustrated.

P.S. I was wondering how I didn't notice your reply from the 25th. I admit hadn't been checking on things much since mid week, but I was pretty sure I was looking around to see what's new on Tuesday or Wednesday. Then I just noticed in my email, it only notified me of your reply yesterday. Kinda weird that I took so long to come up?

Return to “Stories”