Here's a Question

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Black Clay Lord

Here's a Question

Postby Black Clay Lord » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:11 pm

Have you gotten to the point where the snow piled high enough that your own boots disappear, it almost feels like you're walking in quicksand instead of snow?

That's the feeling I got just today. Seriously, the snow was that sizeable.
There is but one certainty - every end marks a new beginning. "—and methodically knocking peoples' hats off. Then I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I ca—"

Duncan Edwards

Re: Here's a Question

Postby Duncan Edwards » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:49 pm

I have a difficult time with any substitutes for the real thing. I always associate hot, wet, thick, messy, muddy, dangerous, with sex. Sex is all of those things, not cold. At least good sex is that way. :mrgreen:
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Black Clay Lord

Postby Black Clay Lord » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:00 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:I have a difficult time with any substitutes for the real thing. I always associate hot, wet, thick, messy, muddy, dangerous, with sex. Sex is all of those things, not cold. At least good sex is that way. :mrgreen:

I'll take your word for it.
There is but one certainty - every end marks a new beginning. "—and methodically knocking peoples' hats off. Then I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I ca—"

MichaelL_Photo

Postby MichaelL_Photo » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:06 am

We get deep snow in New England regularly, although none last year. On Friday, we had 12-14 inches of the white stuff. I was thinking of doing a quicksand snow scene, but it then rained on Sunday, washing nearly all of it away. Seven years ago (2015) we had 4 blizzards in a row, dropping over 2 meters (6 feet) of snow - enough to completely sink in. A very cold sink, to be sure, but one could disappear in the snow.

Michael
Soft Dangers Visual Productions
michaelleachphoto@gmail.com

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:12 am

Duncan Edwards wrote:I have a difficult time with any substitutes for the real thing. I always associate hot, wet, thick, messy, muddy, dangerous, with sex. Sex is all of those things, not cold. At least good sex is that way. :mrgreen:

The material that fills the indoor pit here could be interpreted as looking like snow slush. However I do not anticipate doing any scene of that sort. I would consider it as a custom if someone actually wanted it but I am very skeptical that will be the case.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

jenny_up_to_no_good

Postby jenny_up_to_no_good » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:15 pm

I remember back in college, I was with a group of friends and one of us (a guy) accepted a dare to jump into the snow outside. This was a winter where we'd gotten like 3 feet, so they belly-flopped and disappeared completely. I can confirm what has already been said, it's very very cool :lol: my friend was fine, he just wrapped himself up in blankets and sat on the heater the rest of the night.

Black Clay Lord

Postby Black Clay Lord » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:02 am

MichaelL_Photo wrote:We get deep snow in New England regularly, although none last year. On Friday, we had 12-14 inches of the white stuff. I was thinking of doing a quicksand snow scene, but it then rained on Sunday, washing nearly all of it away. Seven years ago (2015) we had 4 blizzards in a row, dropping over 2 meters (6 feet) of snow - enough to completely sink in. A very cold sink, to be sure, but one could disappear in the snow.

Michael

Wow... That deep, eh?

Black Clay Lord

Postby Black Clay Lord » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:16 am

jenny_up_to_no_good wrote:I remember back in college, I was with a group of friends and one of us (a guy) accepted a dare to jump into the snow outside. This was a winter where we'd gotten like 3 feet, so they belly-flopped and disappeared completely. I can confirm what has already been said, it's very very cool :lol: my friend was fine, he just wrapped himself up in blankets and sat on the heater the rest of the night.

Glad none were harmed.

Return to “General Discussion”