Upcoming Movie

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
MDLambert

Re: Upcoming Movie

Postby MDLambert » Wed May 11, 2022 2:24 am

Lets hope its thick and sticky and not just water with grass and sticks on top.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Wed May 11, 2022 4:33 am

MDLambert wrote:Lets hope its thick and sticky and not just water with grass and sticks on top.

If the YouTube preview Duncan posted is actually a still from a scene in the movie, then little hope of that. :( Looks like grass floating on water, with not a speck of mud, clay or sand on her.

Untitled3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed May 11, 2022 10:00 pm

BogDog wrote:
MDLambert wrote:Lets hope its thick and sticky and not just water with grass and sticks on top.

If the YouTube preview Duncan posted is actually a still from a scene in the movie, then little hope of that. :( Looks like grass floating on water, with not a speck of mud, clay or sand on her.

Untitled3.png

This appears to have been shot in the highlands of Columbia so I'm going for mossy water. Probably great looking mossy water but not much more than that. Hopefully they will compensate with Latina melodrama worthy of a Mexican telenovela. :mrgreen:
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

mudmaiden

Postby mudmaiden » Thu May 12, 2022 3:26 am

If it is just mossy stuff floating on water, would it still do that wiggy wobbly undulating movement we would expect in quicksand? Also, I agree that the actors involved would have to do some pretty good acting to convince the audience that they are really stuck, thrashing and sinking in the authentic fashion! Maybe they were couched by stunt people or some of our favorite folks from MPV, DIDVP, 588, et al!!
Tarzan to Jill Hardy: Girl be still. Not sink!!"
From "Valley Of Mystery" : Don't struggle and do not thrash around; that just makes things worse!

Also: check me out at:
http://mudmaiden.deviantart.com/gallery/

WetSwampMess

Postby WetSwampMess » Sat May 14, 2022 12:00 am

This is a pro (insiders) film site with a poster of the film: https://cinando.com/en/Film/quicksand_421570/Detail

There might be more pictures and info behind the paywall or more to come, if someone is willing to shell out 129 pounds, I wouldn't mind taking a look. :lol:
Delete this account.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Sat May 14, 2022 10:42 am

The poster shot looks like a publicity photo. Note the hands in the 4 corners around her?
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

MDLambert

Postby MDLambert » Sat May 14, 2022 6:31 pm

Odds she reaches that depth and the quicksand looks that good are quite slim. But we can hope lol.

Jumpoff_Joe

Postby Jumpoff_Joe » Sun May 29, 2022 6:54 pm

I saw another publicity shot and she looks like she's smiling. I think it's going to be an embarrassment to the genre.

Ottoklein

Postby Ottoklein » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:21 am

TK421 wrote:
Theo wrote:
TK421 wrote:Nope. Nope. Not going for it. Not gonna get excited no matter how promising it may look because we all know Hollywood can fuck up a cup of coffee :lol:

So true, and so hilarious! :lol: Of course, if they'd bring in people who actually know what they're doing (you know like, maybe some professional gun instructors? I'll stop there) it might actually turn out. When they reach out to some of the great producers on here, then maybe we can start getting excited.

The only latest Hollywood production worth it’s weight in gold and relatively delivered (and actually wasn’t a bad movie to watch) was The Marsh. That was in 2006. Sadly, Hollywood overall doesn’t have the best track record with these things, but I digress… I have to admit that the likes of Dave and other producers here spoiled me somewhat.

I’ve never heard of the Marsh. That said, I’m planning on getting a Premiere going for it in Nashville. Worst case scenario, I can still secure a private watch party. I’m actually hopeful for the movie.

Ottoklein

Postby Ottoklein » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:40 pm

You know, I once wrote a script treatment for a Quicksand movie back in college. Basically, the premise would’ve been like Gerald’s Game: a couple go out into the plains and find a deep mud pit full of black, sticky mud. Deciding they wanted to liven things up, they continually return to the mud pit to live out quicksand fantasies. One day, after a long rain storm, they go to the pit again, and the rain has destabilized the mud, making it actual quicksand. Wanting to get their fix, the women gets naked and wanders into the bog, but the man, overcome by his libido, has a heart attack and dies, leaving the woman stuck in the quagmire, miles away from civilization, with no means of escape. The rest of the movie would be her internal thought process on how she could possibly get out, all while trying not to drown or be preyed upon.

Return to “General Discussion”