PREY: THE MOVIE ON HULU

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
claykid

PREY: THE MOVIE ON HULU

Postby claykid » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:34 am

THERE ARE 2 QS SCENES IN THIS MOVIE, THE FIRST ONE IS AOUBT 4O MINUTES IN FEATURES THE MAIN CHARACTER AND THE SECOND ONE IS AT THE END. THE FIRST SCENE I WOULD GIVE 4/5 STARS VERY NICE SCENE. JUST MY TWO CENTS WORTH, HAVE TO WATCH IT YOURSELVES TO FIND OUT ANYTHING ELSE

CIAO

CLAYKID

Duncan Edwards

Re: PREY: THE MOVIE ON HULU

Postby Duncan Edwards » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:39 pm

Much appreciated. Hope to catch it shortly. Thanks.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

redspydr_1979

Postby redspydr_1979 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:01 am

I would concur. The first scene is very good. I don't recall a Hollywood scene as lengthy as that in some time. Only thing that would have made it better would have been a full submersion, but beggars can't be choosers.

TK421

Postby TK421 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:18 am

redspydr_1979 wrote:I would concur. The first scene is very good. I don't recall a Hollywood scene as lengthy as that in some time. Only thing that would have made it better would have been a full submersion, but beggars can't be choosers.

Well, ya always got the scene at the end or does a fully grown male extraterrestrial with arthropod-like mandibles not do it for ya? :P :lol:
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:44 pm

Very nicely done scene! I gotta try the Tomahawk on a string trick.
Also in general I'm calling best Predator movie since the second one with Danny Glover.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

DangerGirl

Postby DangerGirl » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:10 am

A brief article on the bog scene. I saw an interview with the director and Amber Midthunder where they said it took five days to film the scene.

Jaina76

Postby Jaina76 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:08 am

DangerGirl wrote:A brief article on the bog scene. I saw an interview with the director and Amber Midthunder where they said it took five days to film the scene.

Clearly, they should have called Dave or Duncan to take care of that scene... plus maybe a dozen stunt doubles... ;)

H8ms2014

Postby H8ms2014 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:02 am

I thought the scene was the best from Hollywood in a long time. I just hope there is an extended sink in the directors cut. :twisted:

mudmaiden

Postby mudmaiden » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:16 am

DangerGirl wrote:A brief article on the bog scene. I saw an interview with the director and Amber Midthunder where they said it took five days to film the scene.

I would have to give kudos to Amber Midthunder for a very nice sinking scene, she really nailed it. It was amazing to see how her character kept her cool in the danger she was in
She would sink a little more every time she moved and struggled. It was a tense scene! The mud was really dark and thick that wiggled with her movements. I liked how they timed the mud suction sounds each time she would sink lower in the mud. The music behind it also made it suspenseful. This was by far some of the better attempts on making a quicksand scene for a very long time in mainstream entertainment. Now if this other movie "Quicksand" ever come out, Lets hope it stacks up to what we just saw!!
Tarzan to Jill Hardy: Girl be still. Not sink!!"
From "Valley Of Mystery" : Don't struggle and do not thrash around; that just makes things worse!

Also: check me out at:
http://mudmaiden.deviantart.com/gallery/

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:37 am

Nice BTS-Interview and good to read, that this seems to be shot at / in ;) a real bog and real stuff. Knowing that, this makes it even better!
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Return to “Nuggets”