jagfiles

Interesting find

Postby jagfiles » Fri May 17, 2024 6:23 am

I stumbled across. Hope everyone finds it interesting
https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/8 ... 3f31&ei=18

BogDog

Re: Interesting find

Postby BogDog » Sat May 18, 2024 2:19 pm

Apparently this is already listed in the TV/Movie Scene List.

Saved from the Quicksand (1909): This Gaumont melodrama takes a number of incredible and bizarre plot turns within its 12-minute running time. Dressed in a revealing (by 1909 standards) bathing costume, the heroine tries to scurry to safety when the tide comes in. Alas, she gets her feet stuck in a pond of quicksand -- and as if this wasn't peril enough, the waters are rising all around her. The girl is rescued by a party of hooded monks, who offer her shelter in their monastery. The film ends as the girl, falling asleep in front of a religious mural, dreams that she meets the Madonna and the Christ Child.

According to studio publicity, one of the actors in this film narrowly escaped death for real during the quicksand rescue scene.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Duncan Edwards

Re: Interesting find

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sat May 18, 2024 3:13 pm

I've heard of this one but it's long, long, lost. The ancient nitrate film likely disintegrated decades ago if it was kept at all. However the YouTube scene from Kilma that they dropped in the article was collected and now spread everywhere by Dave Lodoski himself.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Return to “General Discussion”